Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Holway to Merrimack
    Over recruiting... not a difference maker.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Holway to Merrimack
      Heard the rumblings early this week.
      1. Is it substantiated by a source?
      2. Can he play now or does he sit out til Sept?

Comment

Watched d men on nest tonight... that Vela is a difference maker. For Unh.

Comment

http://www.themackreport.com/news/de...-to-merrimack/

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Holway to Merrimack
            No biggie. He's just as expendable as is most of the D.

This entire team is under-recruited.

Comment

20 pts as a soph? Seems good to me. Tough loss. Wish him the best if the stuff last fall was really personal challenges

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

We need big men that can take care of net front. Which is why I like Vela for Uhh. Red recruits a big set of forwards with d men that are snappy with passes. However there is absolutely no attention to defensive awareness. Red is coaching like 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  20 pts as a soph? Seems good to me. Tough loss. Wish him the best if the stuff last fall was really personal challenges
                  He's very good player who can quarterback any teams power-play. He's the type of d-man that brings offence from the point. He is missed by this years team. And his defense was a whole lot better then some make him sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    He's very good player who can quarterback any teams power-play. He's the type of d-man that brings offence from the point. He is missed by this years team. And his defense was a whole lot better then some make him sound.
                    Yes. But he also was bigger than the team in his very sophmoric brain.

Comment

Holway headed to Merrimack. Will appeal to NCAA to be eligible Fall 2019. Similar situation as Doherty. Considering NCAA's infinite wisdom he will likely lose appeal and be eligible Jan 2020.
                      UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        No biggie. He's just as expendable as is most of the D.

This entire team is under-recruited.
                        I disagree, it was a big loss, last year at several games I went to he was often the best player on the ice.

Whatever his reason for leaving, Merrimack will be closer for him and hope things go well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Yes. But he also was bigger than the team in his very sophmoric brain.
                          Don't know the all's to it but heard from one that usually has it down pat and etched in stone, either way for some reason or reasons.....it's a lost for Maine on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            I disagree, it was a big loss, last year at several games I went to he was often the best player on the ice.

Whatever his reason for leaving, Merrimack will be closer for him and hope things go well.
                            +1....and you can bet the Red Wings want him preparing for his chance later....they are a Organization that value there Draft Picks and usually never rush them before they are ready. Hopefully he has his head together and makes the best of it. All up to him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Don't know the all's to it but heard from one that usually has it down pat and etched in stone, either way for some reason or reasons.....it's a lost for Maine on the ice.
                              It was reported by Throckmorton that he had academic issues.

Now, I am sure we should all engage in a conversation that justifies him still being at Maine... or else we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                It was reported by Throckmorton that he had academic issues.

Now, I am sure we should all engage in a conversation that justifies him still being at Maine... or else we don't.
                                He's gone and that's/that with former #2. I have moved on from it when it was reported and from whom I spoke to on the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X