Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

recruiting sill didnt hurt. the guy played in the nhl. Kicking him off team did.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Arguably Maine's best period of hockey we've seen this season. Maine up 4-2

A lot of up tempo effort from forwards and d too. Gotta get that effort each shift into the third and maybe Maine can get the monkey off their back... or at least it is a good start on it.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        recruiting sill didnt hurt. the guy played in the nhl. Kicking him off team did.

I was amazed that Sill got an NHL job. He never looked like that kind of guy at Maine. Maybe where he played in college tilted the effect.

I forget, but wasn't he a one-season low-impact NHL player?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Wasn't the word on the street at the time both Sill and Darling had party issues? I can't fault a coach kicking them off the team for that. Maybe more background was needed when recruiting. Which he probably had with Standbrook but not so much with the rest of the recruiters.

Comment

Helluva save there on Westerlund off Smiths rebound shot. Good instincts.

Comment

Questionable call there on Muehlbauer????

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                I was amazed that Sill got an NHL job. He never looked like that kind of guy at Maine. Maybe where he played in college tilted the effect.

I forget, but wasn't he a one-season low-impact NHL player?
                Helps when your good buddy is Sid the kid.

Comment

That was a solid game, especially after the first few minutes. Maybe they figured something else and are about to get in gear, who knows.

Comment

Very solid effort finally. Maybe CC had bus legs. But I noticed a great difference in efforttonight at all positions. I think Quinlivan will devolp as time goes on and become that spark plug effort guys with captain type on ice leadership. He's come a long ways as has Smith. Love the play out of both of these guys.

Comment

Good effort from Maine in the net, and an entertaining game to see. Glad I made the time to watch between cooking for the in-laws and fending-off The Warden.

This team is a responsible D and a couple of snipers away from getting back into the National conversation, but that's been the same deal for a few years now...
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-02-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Good effort from Maine in the net, and an entertaining game to see. Glad I made the time to watch between cooking for the in-laws and fending-off The Warden.

This team is a responsible D and a couple of snipers away from getting back into the National conversation, but that's been the same deal for a few years now...
                        That's all the praise we can expect from you. Of course, you are right in that we will grind to be bubble he playoff team. But encouragement goes a long way. Bottom line is we need this effort each shift. If everyone gives what they have each shift, this team could surprise folks. Take it one shift at a time.

Comment

I know a lot of Mainuhs like various videos. Out of woods... 99 highlights... etc, but in a lot of ways this is my favorite.
                          https://youtu.be/uYQcpee8CKg

Comment

Go to 28:55 and on if you want. What a genius.

Comment

Geesh the boys played great tonight.... yet crickets. You would think there could be some praise. Crickets from the negative nellys.

Comment

Shea took penalty tonight. Great penalty drove hard to the net front. That's a good penalty for me. He got rewarded with a goal. Drive hard and get those penalties all day long. Not the lazy hooking and cheap shots. Drive their net front hard. And protect our netminder.

Comment

Working...
                                X