Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catamount Cup NU, RPI, UAH, UVM (12/28/18, 12/29/18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catamount Cup NU, RPI, UAH, UVM (12/28/18, 12/29/18)

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I was going to congratulate a Charger fan for sticking up for his team, but it appears that the person who entered the above post is actually a Michigan Tech fan.

For RPI's part, Coach Dave Smith has been spending the Christmas break trying to convince anyone who would listen that his RPI team really isn't as bad as the unsightly won-lost record and perhaps even more unsightly statistics that they have compiled thus far this season.

If they can actually win one or (I can dream, can't I?) both games this weekend, it might be a sign that the team has started to believe what he's telling them.
    Hey, they're doing better than last year. Of course that's not saying much, but hey, progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      I was going to congratulate a Charger fan for sticking up for his team, but it appears that the person who entered the above post is actually a Michigan Tech fan.
      I guess if we're making an impression among our WCHA peers, we're doing something right.

We just had a tough-fought series with Tech a couple of weeks ago. UAH shut out Tech 1-0 (thanks Mark Sinclair) and then lost 2-1 in overtime (because you can't hold off the Huskies that much for that long).

I do appreciate how hard the Chargers continue to work during what has been a frustrating season. We won 12 games last year -- most in eight years and a fifth straight improvement in win percentage -- and we knew there were questions about offense because Josh Kestner (24 goals) and Tyler Poulsen moving on, but I know I wasn't expecting this much of a dropoff.

Goaltending and defense has kept us in a lot of games, but the offense just hasn't been there. We have eight one-goal losses, and six were 2-1 scores, plus one 1-0. If we can few more of those timely goals we can flip some of these close ones.
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Approx half way through the gm (and as i figured), RPI more than hanging with NU, up a goal on the Huskies.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

good energy by NU late in the 2nd, tie gm.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Huskies getting outshot through two periods by slim margin; Ruck having bit of trouble with the rebounds but otherwise seeing puck well given how much he has played this season.
            Pretty even gm through 2, with both sides exchanging chances. Will come down to who wants it more.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

last 7 odd mins of the 3rd.. NU had no puck possession. All RPI.. & it pays off in final min of regulation as Engineers get the extra attacker goal. No question who wanted it more there.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

3-2 NU in OT.
                Very impressed with RPIs never say die attitude & i did not agree with the early too many men call going against them in ot either. Thankfully gwg was scored 5x5, but NU really needs to find their skating legs again. Ryan Ruck played well. Nothing he could have done on the last min backhander (that is on the D).
                Thankfully Huskies find way to get it done yet again, in some what unorthodox fashion from Davies to Solow. Nice to salvage the w.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Pairwise landmine number 1 narrowly avoided.

Comment

Whew!!
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Davies is such a good skater. Just a treat to watch
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Yuck!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                        X