• Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Maybe its time to talk about next year as this team is going nowhere
    \

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Maybe we are finally seeing the fruits of the lack of production on the recruiting trail by Borek as we have seen so many transfers and kids quitting over the last couple of seasons.
      Lemme tell ya somethin' -- in all my years of watchin' college hockey, Borek has done a disservice to every team he's come in contact with. Don't know if the Merrymack administration was drinkin' some bad moonshine when they hired him....
      I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
      AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
        Lemme tell ya somethin' -- in all my years of watchin' college hockey, Borek has done a disservice to every team he's come in contact with. Don't know if the Merrymack administration was drinkin' some bad moonshine when they hired him....
        Facts
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
          Maybe its time to talk about next year as this team is going nowhere
          \
          Noteworthy stats,
          In the last 5 games PC has scored just 2 goals in the third period, the opponents scored 9.
          In last Saturday's BC game the friars blocked only 4 shots while the eagles blocked 15.

Comment

Not playing Providence Hockey....

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
              Not playing Providence Hockey....
              You mean "Not playing any hockey"

Comment

We basically have to get 3 or 4 points from the number 8 team in the country to have any hopes of doing anything in Hockey East or anywhere else this season. Yeah. Easy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  We basically have to get 3 or 4 points from the number 8 team in the country to have any hopes of doing anything in Hockey East or anywhere else this season. Yeah. Easy.
                  you guys will get pts this wknd. question is, can we salvage some as well.. would have much rather played you guys being on a winning streak vs a losing streak, that's for sure.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    you guys will get pts this wknd. question is, can we salvage some as well.. would have much rather played you guys being on a winning streak vs a losing streak, that's for sure.
                    The scary thing for us isn't just that the team has been sleepwalking through any game not involving Brown, it's that the two teams we couldn't handle aren't as good as NU this year. This could be very scary.

I don't know if anyone caught Nate's show this week, but I got the synopsis out of Mark Divver on Twitter. I feel slightly better that he knows that things are not right and that he needs to fix them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The one thing I continue to see Nate talking about is how many shots on goal the team gets...he liked or retweeted Buchigross tonight who was talking about how many shots on goal PC is getting...the shots on goal isn’t the problem it is the quality of the shots have been terrible

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        The one thing I continue to see Nate talking about is how many shots on goal the team gets...he liked or retweeted Buchigross tonight who was talking about how many shots on goal PC is getting...the shots on goal isn’t the problem it is the quality of the shots have been terrible
                        Quality beats numbers, friars will bring it big time tonite!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          This is the big thing now in hockey stats: using shot differential to gauge how good a team is.

Go over to the UNH thread to hear their thoughts on shot totals.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            This is the big thing now in hockey stats: using shot differential to gauge how good a team is.

Go over to the UNH thread to hear their thoughts on shot totals.
                            That’s more like it! Two shorties!

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              PC up 4-0 over Bruno. ANGRY PC is a fun PC
                              Angry PC tonight. Now let’s hope still angry tomorrow
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                That’s more like it! Two shorties!
                                That first shortie was one of the worst goals you will ever see at the D-1 level...Primeau wasn't strong in that first period with those short handed goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X