Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers vs Badgers Nov. 9-10: Yeah, we still hate each other...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gophers vs Badgers Nov. 9-10: Yeah, we still hate each other...

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Well...to be honest he didn’t know what the WCHA was. We (UW) fans have to console ourselves with the fact he finally made a coaching change. Anything beyond that is gravy.
    And he one of the main reasons why your program has a W% of .447 over the last 6 seasons to date. And he hired the wrong guy. Granato is past his prime. UW is paying Alvy 1.2M a year, that's 4th in the NCAA and tops in the B1G. Gotta hand it to BADger fans they're very forgiving.-
    Last edited by SteveO; 11-09-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

So I saw that Andrew Zimmern said that there's "just a real cuteness to our team that doesn't belong in hockey." the other day and I guess he seemed a little puzzled by why that was.

What's the mystery? Just look at the freakin' roster!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        I'm all Norwegian, and I don't know what they do to lutefisk to make it so malodorous. w t f do they put in the jars to make it so disgusting?

So, is this thing tonight going to be an up-and-down-the-ice affair between two big ice lovers?
        Yeah, Lye - Some places they use it to get rid of the bodies, in Minnesota they use it to make lunch... That doesn't seem weird or anything...
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          You have a great woman's coach, but there is no indication that Granato has any idea on how to coach college. I already miss Magic Mike.
          I don't know why his NHL experience would not translate. Certainly he knows enough X's & O's to coach college, and he has Oz who knows recruiting. Yes trading D Granato for Strobel was like trading a Mustang for a Pinto (sorry Mark), that did hurt. And the year DG was there they almost made the ncaa's. Coincidence? Maybe he deoes not know who to reach young men who aren't full men yet. Next year he gets 2 first rounders on the roster, he HAS to make the ncaa's then or he's in big trouble.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
            All hail the menstrual colored sweater.
            Hey, I'm not worshiping your color ElCapitain…..maroon is close to the menstrual discharge color.

Let's go RED!
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Unlike last year, the Badgers are actually a little better on Big Ice due to having much more mobile defensemen. That might bode well for Bucky, if it weren't for the fact that we haven't won a Friday game in an entire year. Of course the Finnish Hammer has never played on a Friday yet either. Time to squash some rodents.

Let's Go Red!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Hey, I'm not worshiping your color ElCapitain…..maroon is close to the menstrual discharge color.

Let's go RED!
                So true.
                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

KC is definitely the rink to be at this weekend.

Comment

Part Norwegian. Great-grandparents came straight from Oslo. Great-grandpa INSISTED on lutefisk every Christmas. That smell lingers for days. It's disgusting.

Lefse, on the other hand...YUM.

Buck the Fadgers.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Part Norwegian. Great-grandparents came straight from Oslo. Great-grandpa INSISTED on lutefisk every Christmas. That smell lingers for days. It's disgusting.

Lefse, on the other hand...YUM.

Buck the Fadgers.
                      Yup. Lefse.

Comment

I actually cooked up some cod tonight, but no lye or whatever else they use to fix lutefisk, so not noticing any stink at all, which is weird 'cause I'm watching the Stinkin' Badgers take a 1-0 lead after one.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                          And he one of the main reasons why your program has a W% of .447 over the last 6 seasons to date. And he hired the wrong guy. Granato is past his prime. UW is paying Alvy 1.2M a year, that's 4th in the NCAA and tops in the B1G. Gotta hand it to BADger fans they're very forgiving.-
                          I mean he’s part of the reason the school is relevant, he basically laid the groundwork for their football program and everything else that followedZ

But I agree with everything you’re saying about his tenure as AD.

Comment

Gophers score 3 goals in 74 seconds and take the lead 3-2

Comment

End of 2, Gophers 3-2

Comment

Motzko's game plan of "lull them to sleep for thirty, then suddenly take a dive into the goalie!" is working great.

Question: Does he always coach the whole game from the concession stand?
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X