Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (11/2/18 & 11/3/18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (11/2/18 & 11/3/18)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (11/2/18 & 11/3/18)

Congratulations to CCT and SLU on at least two points. Hey, it worked last week...

Comment

This weekend will be the real test. So many times over the years RPI put in a great performance only to revert back to the previous lack luster performances of the past.
      I just can't get my hopes up to high for what's to come. Yet.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        This weekend will be the real test. So many times over the years RPI put in a great performance only to revert back to the previous lack luster performances of the past.
        I just can't get my hopes up to high for what's to come. Yet.
        The excitement and surprise of last weekend has been tempered. We will now get to see if it was a blip on the screen or whether we are back to a competitive program. Nice to have a little depth on the team as the injury and penalty bug has hit early. Hope Lacka is back within a short time. Saw the call on Polino and the hit on ESPN+. Did he deserve 5 minutes? probably and i can make a case for yes or no. Was it flagrant? Absolutely not. Was the player able to get off the ice on his own power and come back without missing a shift and at full speed? Most certainly. Should this lead to another game for him Polino to sit out? Everyone can have their own opinion but for me this was a bit of an iffy call to begin with so I vote no on the extra game to sit.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

For those who may have been wondering whether Saturday will be the first time that RPI's football and men's hockey teams have both played games in Troy against the same school on the same day, the answer is that it will not.

RPI played home games against St. Lawrence in both football and hockey on 11/9/02. RPI won the football game, 49-7 and the hockey game, 2-1.

Hoping this year's teams have similar success.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            For those who may have been wondering whether Saturday will be the first time that RPI's football and men's hockey teams have both played games in Troy against the same school on the same day, the answer is that it will not.

RPI played home games against St. Lawrence in both football and hockey on 11/9/02. RPI won the football game, 49-7 and the hockey game, 2-1.

Hoping this year's teams have similar success.
            Didn't the Dutchman's Shoes game also happen on the same weekend as the home/home?

Comment

According to my records, RPI played Union in hockey on the same day as the Dutchman's Shoes game in 2004 and 2010, but while both of those football games were played in Troy, neither of the hockey games was. The 2004 hockey game was in Schenectady and the 2010 game at a neutral site, Lake Placid.

Comment

RPI's football team is doing very well. Beat both Ithaca and Hobart. Switching over to hockey, RPI has not given up many goals. If they keep that up, could be a very good season. Got to stay out of the penalty box.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Got to stay out of the penalty box.
                  Sound advice for any team, not just RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    RPI's football team is doing very well. Beat both Ithaca and Hobart. Switching over to hockey, RPI has not given up many goals. If they keep that up, could be a very good season. Got to stay out of the penalty box.
                    I wouldn't say that we haven't given up many, given our NC play. However, we did seem, from a radio perspective, to control the first part of Saturday's game, which helps to that end. 45 more hours until puck drop; hopefully we see good things.

Comment

I'm interested to see how RPI has progressed offensively, I didn't watch them too much last year but in our 3 games it was ugly. Judging by last weekend obvious strides were made, Friday just screams trap game for Clarkson, the last time we lost in Troy was 12-13 if I recall correctly and that's a pretty long streak for any rivalry.

Comment

Dutchman's Shoes??? Did they play the game in clogs?
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            It'd be odd if RIT somehow pulled that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              It'd be odd if RIT somehow pulled that one out.
                              The 4 ECAC schools could each schedule a home and home vs. RIT, but I doubt that RIT would want to.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X