Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

In watching the highlights, the third NMU goal was a poor one for Tech. Goalie was clearly off his angle and the reply gives a perfect view. The 4th goal... maybe a little slow to come across post to post, but it ends up being one of those goals you wish you had back regardless. I do have to give props to Tolvanen of NMU for his goalie goal. They are always rare and always worth a stick tap, even when they come against your own team.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
      Didn't see it that way. We had a ton of chances and could easily have been up by a pair after one. I'm not concerned with what I saw. I'd put money on Tech putting up 6 or 7 tomorrow night.
      Seems to be what Tech does at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        In watching the highlights, the third NMU goal was a poor one for Tech. Goalie was clearly off his angle and the reply gives a perfect view. The 4th goal... maybe a little slow to come across post to post, but it ends up being one of those goals you wish you had back regardless. I do have to give props to Tolvanen of NMU for his goalie goal. They are always rare and always worth a stick tap, even when they come against your own team.
        Ryan
        Tech’s Damian Rhodes is the only other WCHA goalie to be credited with one. But his was after making a save, and a Colorado College player missing on his pass up to the D and sending it rink long into his own empty net.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Do we see Beydoun in net tonight? Don't think Jurusik earned another shot and Kero's not been stellar so far either.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            take a step back and remember this is a rivalry game, anything can happen in them...
            No need to take a step back. If you have listened to Shawhan's comments in the post game interview, and I'm sure you have, then you know that my take on it very much parallels Coach's take on things. I do like this team, However, they still have some growing to do..

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
            Didn't see it that way. We had a ton of chances and could easily have been up by a pair after one. I'm not concerned with what I saw. I'd put money on Tech putting up 6 or 7 tomorrow night.
            If you truly saw nothing to be concerned about, you must be one of the few.

Certainly in this rivalry anything can happen and over the years we have probably seen it all. So yes, Tech could put up 7 tonight. I hope we do. I hope the team shows their heart and compete and bounces back to get the split. We need it. That being said, I expect a better game and a win from the Huskies tonight, but I doubt it's a blow out..

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
              Do we see Beydoun in net tonight? Don't think Jurusik earned another shot and Kero's not been stellar so far either.
              I agree, I don't think Jurusik had a game that warrants him getting the start tonight. Three of those goals seemed rather week to me. Kero has had a way of coming up with big games at home and against Northern. I could see him starting. Yet, sooner or later Beydoun is going to have to get his shot at it. Wouldn't surprise me to see him tonight..

Comment

Dirk says "big line up changes"; nothing posted yet. I hope the coach didn't blow things up too bad. Last night he wasn't happy with vets. Who sits tonight?

Comment

Gould back in. Swoyer out. Beydoun starting. And still no line up posted.

Comment

line up now up. Not blown up too bad. Kiilunen in. The rest of the D the same. Polgaze in. Bliss dressed as the extra skater.. not as many changes as I expected..

Comment

Just posted; no major changes?
                      Looks like Beydoun is in net.

Comment

What a circus act by the zebras tonight, whah!

Comment

yup the refs suck, but at least they are evening up the suckyness… Need one more solid period out of the Huskies

Comment

nice win for Tech!!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Did the original 3rd goal get called back for goalie interference? If so, it looks pretty weak on the replay.

Key bounce-back win tonight, need to get it rolling again with UAH next weekend.

Comment

Yep, good bounce back. Much better game. Heck of a game out of Beydoun. Need to win two next weekend and head into the GLI on a winning streak

And yes, the our original third goal was called back for goalie interference. But the sucky refs evened it up later by calling off one of northern's

Comment

Working...
                                X