Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

The part of that little nugget that I find interesting is that Port Arthur and Fort William were not combined into Thunder Bay before 1956.

Thanks for the history lesson JJMac.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      The part of that little nugget that I find interesting is that Port Arthur and Fort William were not combined into Thunder Bay before 1956.

Thanks for the history lesson JJMac.

The amalgamation didn't officially happen until January 1, 1970. And it was almost called "Lakehead" instead, with a very close vote going to TB in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        The amalgamation didn't officially happen until January 1, 1970. And it was almost called "Lakehead" instead, with a very close vote going to TB in the end.
        But I'm guessing that Thunder Bay was the first English name for the bay itself? What was the name before the white man showed up?

Comment

Tom and Frank Serratore don't look much alike. Frank is an absolute hoot. We used to follow AF hockey closely and his postgame interviews were classic. The announcer would get half a question in and Frank would say "Give me that mike" and from then on it was all Frank. He would rant and rave and joke and throw in some insider stuff and was never afraid to call his team out if they didn't play up to his expectations. I remember one quote "where in the hell were their heads - in Castle Rock?" (outside of the Springs). Another time he mused on coaching AF cadets, saying all of them are 10x smarter than I am, it takes some doing to coach. Yes, I bet he and Tom could do their own roadshow if they ever give up coaching.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

They should do a college hockey post-game studio show on Friday and Saturday nights. Have Flohockey.tv, B1G etc pick it up.

Comment

Devin has given up his usual 'goal he'd like to have back.' We should be good to go now.

Comment

Well I've got to give us credit, we really battled hard. It's easy to look at things and criticize this or that, but man they battled, which I really lliked.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Well I've got to give us credit, we really battled hard. It's easy to look at things and criticize this or that, but man they battled, which I really lliked.
                  I was really upset when I saw 2nd BSU goal was a PP and assumed it was their first chance because I had not seen a penalty on MTU through my last update...after looking closer I saw it was a 5x3 PP goal and on the 2nd and 3rd penalties of the game...not sure how good/bad those calls were and if there was a discipline issue going from none to 3 penalties that quickly but it made me feel better to know they allowed 1 PP goal on 5 chances.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                    Devin has given up his usual 'goal he'd like to have back.' We should be good to go now.
                    Yep. Off the stick, under the pad, off the opposite pad, and into the net. He hadn't properly setup at the side of the net quickly enough. A goal he probably gave up more than once at Hancock High. That said, he made some good saves tonight.

As for Smith's non-goal, it looked to me like the Bemidji goalie threw his own helmet off when he plunged forward. Which if I envision it, is certainly one of the natural reactions to having the puck hit your helmet, so I doubt it was acting.

I was very concerned about this weekend, and honestly, both teams came to play, so I am fine with the result. Glad the Huskies managed to snag the extra point tonight (3x3 is a huge boon for this team's speed vs. anyone except Mankato, IMO), and hopefully we can grab all three points tomorrow.
                    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-30-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I thought the Beavers third goal was pretty weak also. I like Kero, he is a good goalie, but I'm all for giving Jurusik the net and letting him run with it for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                        I thought the Beavers third goal was pretty weak also. I like Kero, he is a good goalie, but I'm all for giving Jurusik the net and letting him run with it for awhile.
                        I think Beydoun will get the start tonight.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                          ....repeatedly compared Halonen to Blake Pietila
                          Makes sense, they are first cousins

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            Figured that was a given

Go Huskies!!

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                              Figured that was a given

Go Huskies!!

Comment

This team is legit!!!
                                Go Huskies!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X