No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally arrived at the rink. The weather was mostly cooperative. Only had to turn around once and backtrack on 248 when a State Trooper pointed out the crash being cleaned up that blocked all lanes.

My first impression is... I am very impressed and that is not easy to do. This rink is packed with history and displays. Very cool Knights. I also liked the huge LET'S GO TECH painted in gold on the wall of the rink. I feel right at home.

Now on to the games...
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Finally arrived at the rink. The weather was mostly cooperative. Only had to turn around once and backtrack on 248 when a State Trooper pointed out the crash being cleaned up that blocked all lanes.

My first impression is... I am very impressed and that is not easy to do. This rink is packed with history and displays. Very cool Knights. I also liked the huge LET'S GO TECH painted in gold on the wall of the rink. I feel right at home.

Now on to the games...
      Where did you fly into?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

I'm sorry you have to deal with the typical awful ECAC officiating, both teams were aggressive all game, yet clean most of the game. The string of penalties called on you guys in the 2nd period was awful, 5x5 the game was fun to watch. Both penalty kills were surprisingly good but it shouldn't have been that way. Hopefully they just let the guys play tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
          I'm sorry you have to deal with the typical awful ECAC officiating, both teams were aggressive all game, yet clean most of the game. The string of penalties called on you guys in the 2nd period was awful, 5x5 the game was fun to watch. Both penalty kills were surprisingly good but it shouldn't have been that way. Hopefully they just let the guys play tomorrow night.
          I thought it was a fair result. However the ref situation is something that we have seen before.(References the NCAA finals loss to Clarkson in 1970 in Lake Placid, when the ref blew the whistle on a goal he said was not in the net in time when clearly he was wrong.) Mankato had a very bad experience three years ago at Providence and also at BU last year. It might be a little better when eastern teams come west, but not a lot. I don't think the refs are the reason we lost though.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It was a clean hard fought game. Tech had the shooting gallery going for long periods in the Clarkson zone, but mostly perimeter as the Coach indicated in his post game.
            Our offense seems to be coming more off the rush than past years. Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully Gould and Luch get the team going early.

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
              ECAC can’t be all bad. Their Commissioner, Steve Hagwell, is a Houghton County native, a former Jeffers Jet. Nice to see Tech & NMU with same eastern matchups this year & next.
              Last edited by davyd83; 11-17-2018, 10:00 AM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                ECAC can’t be all bad. Their Commissioner, Steve Hagwell, is a Houghton County native, a former Jeffers Jet.
                Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  It was a clean hard fought game. Tech had the shooting gallery going for long periods in the Clarkson zone, but mostly perimeter as the Coach indicated in his post game.
                  Our offense seems to be coming more off the rush than past years. Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully Gould and Luch get the team going early.
                  I think if you are willing to fight for position in front you might could draw a penalty or two. Canisius scored almost all their goals last week on the power play.

Comment

Winning tonight will require getting dirty. I don't mean that in the sense of headhunting, but rather creating and potting rebounds, and screening the net.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Where did you fly into?
                      I flew into Albany on what was supposed to be Thursday night but didn't arrive until almost 3am Friday due to numerous delays. Luckily my Thur night hotel was just a few miles from the airport and then drove up Friday stopping to see some of the Olympic stuff in Lake Placid.

From my view on Friday night, Tech didn't look ready to go at the drop of the puck. As coach has mentioned before, this can be an issue for the many new players. They need to realize that is takes to compete at the D-I level, which comes with experience. Tech gave up the early goal, finally battled back to tie but then gave up another goal shortly after. From that point on, Tech seemed to elevate their game and played with the necessary urgency. However at that point, the damaged had been done and the late empty net goal sealed their fate.

Hopefully tonight, Tech can play the way they did at the end of Friday's game and hope that Clarkson doesn't find another level to their game as well.

Maybe they can just close their eyes and listen to the chants of "Let's Go Tech" and imagine there are a thousand fans cheering for the Huskies in the building. I'm surprised the Pep Band and the Clarkson PA team didn't change up their game to purge "Tech" from everything. That was always a big deal at Tech. No wearing the red/stripe uniforms when the Badgers came to down, etc. If it potentially supported the visiting team, it was missing from the rink that particular weekend. I guess we can give Clarkson a pass for not being ready since we haven't played each other in almost 50 years. I'm sure scouting materials on Huskies traditions were limited...

Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Wow, Devin Kero gives up a sh**ty goal and it ends up being the difference. Stop me if you've heard this story before.

Comment

I have to question leaving Gould out of the lineup, even though it allowed Bellant in which I was happy to see. In a 2-1 game we sure could have used his offensive prowess.
                          The officiating was horrible. Anytime a player hit the ice, it was like the refs turned their head saw a man down and called the automatic penalty.
                          Clarkson deserved the two wins, but I was sure hoping for the split this weekend. Time to regroup and move on.
                          The travel is now favorable the rest of the year. Need to get some home cooking and some great hockey going forward. Go Tech!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Wow, Devin Kero gives up a sh**ty goal and it ends up being the difference. Stop me if you've heard this story before.
                            Pretty much. That said, he's hardly the only reason we lost tonight. Gotta score more than 1 goal per game to win on the road.

Two WCHA teams in the dance at most. Oh well.

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            The travel is now favorable the rest of the year. Need to get some home cooking and some great hockey going forward. Go Tech!
                            You are 100% correct. Our longest road stretches for the rest of the season are only four games, and we don't travel to BG this year. We now have 7/8 at home coming up, and need to really get going here.
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-17-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

It's going to be an incredibly long ride home after that......

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                It's going to be an incredibly long ride home after that......
                                Thanks for making the trip and safe travels! I was impressed with the number of fans that made the trip, the respect they showed and also how all were taking in the History of Clarkson. Hopefully we don't wait another 48 years! It appears to me the demographics of the two schools- Culture, Academics, Small town colleges are one in the same. Good luck the rest of season, you have a nice young team.

Comment

Working...
                                X