Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Either sh*tcan the coach...or sh*tcan the program. This program has been mis-managed for how long now?....10 years?

Comment

Seen Maine four times this season, and these guys have enough talent to be a > .500 team IMO, but they're not.

Red was a lousy hire, and extending him was a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        I was on the fire Timmay bandwagon and I was never on-board with the Red hire

It’s time for Red to go.
        I was surprised by the RG hire and at the same time, believed in his 4 year deal and that something good would get started back...but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          I ask again, who are these “right type of guys”?!?
          I throw a name out: Cam Ellsworth formerly with UML and Norm Bazin...

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            I frequently hear that all the players are afraid of him, and fear doesn't equal respect.
            These rumors have been around since Reds first year. Supposedly he lost the team his first year screaming at them??? What isn't rumor is how the team plays on the ice and he is responsible for that.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Red was a lousy hire, and extending him was a huge mistake.
              It sure has been, but look at who the AD was who extended Red the first time. Then this last extension was just after the AD left who likely recommended to extend. The interum AD probably didnt want to deal with it any other way. I dont understand why a 2 year extension this last time around. One year would have made a bit more sense at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                A classmate of mine is a volunteer student assistant with the team and works directly with them, I believe he does video work. He was the one who told me that VMT (remember him?) was out with an injury before the year even started.
                You making any headway on that hockey blog?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  It sure has been, but look at who the AD was who extended Red the first time. Then this last extension was just after the AD left who likely recommended to extend. The interum AD probably didnt want to deal with it any other way. I dont understand why a 2 year extension this last time around. One year would have made a bit more sense at the time.
                  So when is Red locked up until? Does he have two more years after this one, or one? Kinda feel Maine is like UVM in at least one respect -- very unlikely to fire a coach who's under contract. Has that ever happened before at Maine?

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    So when is Red locked up until? Does he have two more years after this one, or one? Kinda feel Maine is like UVM in at least one respect -- very unlikely to fire a coach who's under contract. Has that ever happened before at Maine?
                    Yes,Whitehead in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      Yes,Whitehead in 2013.
                      I believe Ted Woodward was under contract when he was let go.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                        I believe Ted Woodward was under contract when he was let go.
                        Blodgett too. And Ann McInerney had 3 years left although technically she resigned.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          Blodgett too. And Ann McInerney had 3 years left although technically she resigned.
                          Cosgrove was replaced while under contract? Then he worked for ADs office.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            Cosgrove was replaced while under contract? Then he worked for ADs office.
                            Technically he retired

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Look at where they both started though. Timmy inherited one of the top five programs in college hockey and ran it into the ground. Red inherited a program that had very little talent outside of three or four good players and basically nothing in the pipeline. He has brought in the right type of guys and has a lot of good commitments. I liked Timmy and think he was an excellent day of game coach, but he just could not get the talent in.
                              IDK, Drew...

Tim brought-in Purcell, Shore, Bishop, et al. Red has landed a handful of good players, but none of them have been "elite", if you ask me. (Swayman has been the pick of the litter, but even he doesn't quite meet that standard IMO.)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                These rumors have been around since Reds first year. Supposedly he lost the team his first year screaming at them???
                                I wouldn't be surprised.

Remember that "Victory! VICTORY!!!" presser..? That's when he first struck me as a bit unhinged.

Comment

Working...
                                X