X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Fans just don’t care enough to put up a fuss now
    Exactly this. Plus some are probably embarrassed they were so wrong about this guy they’re going to be less vocal. Mostly I think its apathy. The team maybe hasnt quit but the fans absolutely have.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      I think they've given up, personally. You could see it late on the game last night despite only being down by one and later two.
      Why do you think that is? Is it related to Holway or is there some other issue? I agree that it looks like this will be a lost season. The one caveat I would add is that they still could have a decent finish in Hockey East if they get their act together.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        I don't think they have quit. I do know this program is far worse under Gendron. I find it interesting how fans were outraged over Tim and there isn't much said about Gendron's performance in terms of organizing an effort to hire someone else. At least publicly (facebook etc.). That's what happens when a coach follows a legend. Gendron will probably stay as long as he wants.
        Look at where they both started though. Timmy inherited one of the top five programs in college hockey and ran it into the ground. Red inherited a program that had very little talent outside of three or four good players and basically nothing in the pipeline. He has brought in the right type of guys and has a lot of good commitments. I liked Timmy and think he was an excellent day of game coach, but he just could not get the talent in.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Fans just don’t care enough to put up a fuss now
          I know, I go to games and I see fans on their phones, enjoying the band more than the game, going to get food, dealing with their kids, and paying more attention to the period break nonsense on the ice. Its like the hockey is just part of scene.

With no more friends of hockey would that have anything to do with it?
          Last edited by NorthMike; 11-25-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Look at where they both started though. Timmy inherited one of the top five programs in college hockey and ran it into the ground. Red inherited a program that had very little talent outside of three or four good players and basically nothing in the pipeline. He has brought in the right type of guys and has a lot of good commitments. I liked Timmy and think he was an excellent day of game coach, but he just could not get the talent in.
            It was time for TW to leave, his time had come and gone while RG is not the answer today/tomorrow or in the long range future...what we have is a ex-Maine Coach and a should be ex-Maine Coach. CHANGE.

Comment

I was disappointed we didn't pull the goalie with that last power play. I've seen Red avoid this a few times now. There is little chance Maine could tie the game if they didn't try something bold. Walsh used to. Other coaches like Parker would. Seems like with Red we get "trust the process" with no adjustments. Well the process isnt working. What Kind of fans would we be if we aren't fed up with Reds process by now. 2 wins in the last 10 games.

Comment

• This is one takeaway from Friday night:
                They have set plays on both the PP and PK. Fine except most shots on PP go straight into the middle of the goalie. Most. In warmups, these guys can hit the 12” square two and three holes with consistency. In the game, shooting at the two and three holes vanishes. GONE! I don’t get it.
                At full strength, they seem to be playing pick-up hockey with no plays or plan. They get their pocket picked time and time again. They do pick the opponents pocket as well, but not with regularity. Just one guy’s opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  This is one takeaway from Friday night:
                  They have set plays on both the PP and PK. Fine except most shots on PP go straight into the middle of the goalie. Most. In warmups, these guys can hit the 12” square two and three holes with consistency. In the game, shooting at the two and three holes vanishes. GONE! I don’t get it.
                  At full strength, they seem to be playing pick-up hockey with no plays or plan. They get their pocket picked time and time again. They do pick the opponents pocket as well, but not with regularity. Just one guy’s opinion.
                  In warm ups there is plenty of time and space. Their PPs are run around and shoot from the points. Its been going on for years now.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    In warm ups there is plenty of time and space. Their PPs are run around and shoot from the points. Its been going on for years now.
                    The power play looked so well early in the season, that is, until the process set in. Now JSS is on 4th line to send messages or something. Baffling.

Comment

Do we have any d that skate backwards? I mean without turned and losing an edge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Why do you think that is? Is it related to Holway or is there some other issue? I agree that it looks like this will be a lost season. The one caveat I would add is that they still could have a decent finish in Hockey East if they get their act together.
                        I frequently hear that all the players are afraid of him, and fear doesn't equal respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          I ask again, who are these “right type of guys”?!?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            I frequently hear that all the players are afraid of him, and fear doesn't equal respect.
                            Do you hear this from the players? Or players’ parents? Or a truly reliable source? I have heard the same and I have also heard exactly the opposite. I don’t know what I believe on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Exactly this. Plus some are probably embarrassed they were so wrong about this guy they’re going to be less vocal. Mostly I think its apathy. The team maybe hasnt quit but the fans absolutely have.
                              I was on the fire Timmay bandwagon and I was never on-board with the Red hire

It’s time for Red to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                Do you hear this from the players? Or players’ parents? Or a truly reliable source? I have heard the same and I have also heard exactly the opposite. I don’t know what I believe on this.
                                A classmate of mine is a volunteer student assistant with the team and works directly with them, I believe he does video work. He was the one who told me that VMT (remember him?) was out with an injury before the year even started.

Comment

Working...
                                X