Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

I'm disappointed by last night's game, but not very surprised. I could tell after the Lowell series that this was going to be a lost season. Going in I was hoping Maine would at least contend for an NCAA place and at this point I can't see them finishing much higher than 25th or so in the pairwise. Part of it is based on just how bad Hockey East is this year. Some thoughts below:

I wonder how much of an impact losing Holway had on the attitude of the team. They've looked lost/disinterested a lot of the year and maybe that is part of it? They've obviously missed him some on the ice as well, but maybe mentality wise has been the bigger blow? It's still hard for me to believe that he was allowed to have some sort of academic issue. That shouldn't happen.

This should be Red's last year, but honestly I think he has done a good job overall. They need to find someone who can motivate the team a bit better and is better strategically, but Maine is in significantly better shape talent wise(and I'm not just talking on the roster) than they were when he took over.

This is way out of left field, but is there a chance some of the problems with teams in Hockey East are related? Maybe there is some sort of negative undercurrent amongst the players from different teams? It's really shocking to me just how bad Maine, BC, and BU have been this year. It's probably not the case, just seems really strange all three would be so far below expectations.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      This should be Red's last year, but honestly I think he has done a good job overall. They need to find someone who can motivate the team a bit better and is better strategically, but Maine is in significantly better shape talent wise(and I'm not just talking on the roster) than they were when he took over. .
      Show your work on this math problem. How are they in better shape? They stink. All the D stink. Swayman we all like and is currently at .907. Tralmarks has regressed. The juniors are on pace for their lowest scoring totals. All these guys who you hear about on the recruiting board show up and are pedestrian. Ive been saying this for 2 years but why should we belueve the ones coming are going to be different? Fool me twice shame on me. The talent is better? Its not. Its even at best and probably worse. Tims teams sucked in terms of depth but almost always had a legit top 6. This version of the team has not.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        Show your work on this math problem. How are they in better shape? They stink. All the D stink. Swayman we all like and is currently at .907. Tralmarks has regressed. The juniors are on pace for their lowest scoring totals. All these guys who you hear about on the recruiting board show up and are pedestrian. Ive been saying this for 2 years but why should we belueve the ones coming are going to be different? Fool me twice shame on me. The talent is better? Its not. Its even at best and probably worse. Tims teams sucked in terms of depth but almost always had a legit top 6. This version of the team has not.
        Anybody seen Robbins?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Quinnipiac gets the sweep tonight.
          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

We left after the second period. Knew things weren't going to get any better.
            Last edited by rw1733; 11-24-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

This is way out of left field, but is there a chance some of the problems with teams in Hockey East are related? Maybe there is some sort of negative undercurrent amongst the players from different teams? It's really shocking to me just how bad Maine, BC, and BU have been this year. It's probably not the case, just seems really strange all three would be so far below expectations.
              At least my Wildcats are meeting expectations...
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Anybody seen Robbins?
                ? He has been playing, on third line last night I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  ? He has been playing, on third line last night I believe.
                  The point was he has 0-0-0 this year.

Comment

Starting lineup:

Fossier-Pearson-Tralmaks
                    Smith-Dohrety-Robbins
                    Westerlund-Peiper-Shea
                    Perez-Quinlivan-Schmidt Svejstrup
                    Hock

Binner-Michel
                    Butala-Keeper
                    Becker-Muehlbauer

Swayman
                    McGovern
                    Mundinger

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      The point was he has 0-0-0 this year.
                      Am I the only one who though he could score 20 goals this year? Last year he was good for multiple breakaways a game, barely seen a few all season?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Am I the only one who though he could score 20 goals this year? Last year he was good for multiple breakaways a game, barely seen a few all season?
                        Hes gone back to hitting the high glass instead of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Starting lineup:

Fossier-Pearson-Tralmaks
                          Smith-Dohrety-Robbins
                          Westerlund-Peiper-Shea
                          Perez-Quinlivan-Schmidt Svejstrup
                          Hock

Binner-Michel
                          Butala-Keeper
                          Becker-Muehlbauer

Swayman
                          McGovern
                          Mundinger
                          Dawe sits and Perez plays. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Dawe sits and Perez plays. Interesting.
                            Think Dawe might be hurt.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              He did draw a couple penalties last night.

But I figured he would have had as many or more points as last season.

Comment

Red with a black eye. What happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X