Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Good call. IIRC, there were 13 penalties for >100 yards on Maine. This has been an ongoing issue, although a fair number of those calls were BS. Fun team to watch in any case.
    130 yds yesterday, 190 yds the week before, w tf is wrong with the discipline on the football team? They should have won easily yesterday, momentum gets killed when its 2nd and 20 all the time

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Six years is a lot of patience. I thought if Sway played out of his mind Maine had a chance out there, other than that they had no chance against Duluth. Should be a good learning experience. Still not enough talent to play with the big boys.
      I still have my doubts on the direction of the program. Recruiting has improved the last 2 years but Maine still isn't close to top tier teams. Maybe thats an unreal expectation in todays college hockey world??
      Well, if I was a coach I'd put a few puke buckets on the ice and sprint skate them the moment they get back. There is absolutely no reason they can let this much traffic sit in front of Swayman. There is absolutely no reason they let their top defenseman walk into the slot unchallenged and wait for screen and pick the corner on screened goalie. It is the exact opposite of taking away time and space. We won't challenge you, or try to block your shot, please walk into the slot in slow motion... we will help screen our goalie even. Blame coaching all you want, but that is basic hockey since they were mites.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Well, if I was a coach I'd put a few puke buckets on the ice and sprint skate them the moment they get back. There is absolutely no reason they can let this much traffic sit in front of Swayman. There is absolutely no reason they let their top defenseman walk into the slot unchallenged and wait for screen and pick the corner on screened goalie. It is the exact opposite of taking away time and space. We won't challenge you, or try to block your shot, please walk into the slot in slow motion... we will help screen our goalie even. Blame coaching all you want, but that is basic hockey since they were mites.
        Yup fitness and strength is critical. Doing Herbies would help. Put up a big pile of wood and have the team split it with a maul and sledge hammer, works every muscle in the bidy, then donate the wood.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Maybe Duluth is just that much better, like Maine used to be when Walsh was around.
          If they should know what to do from coaching in mites, yet they still dont, it must be talent level.

Comment

Maybe Duluth is just that much better, like Maine used to be when Walsh was around.
            If they should know what to do from coaching in mites, yet they still dont, it must be talent level.

It is called hockey sense. We have talent, but not enough hockey intelligence. Think of Peter Metcalf. Not the most talented player. Probably not the best student on the team. But his hockey iq allowed him to be the best player on the ice for every game he played in as an upperclassmen. Some defensemen on this team have more athleticism, skill, etc... But they can't hold a candle to Metcalfs hockey iq.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              It is called hockey sense. We have talent, but not enough hockey intelligence. Think of Peter Metcalf. Not the most talented player. Probably not the best student on the team. But his hockey iq allowed him to be the best player on the ice for every game he played in as an upperclassmen. Some defensemen on this team have more athleticism, skill, etc... But they can't hold a candle to Metcalfs hockey iq.
              With that all said, how or what can you expect if they can't do it now that they are in Di.1 Hockey level....if you think they will get better in the mean time...not happening and that is on the player and the Coach that has the player on the team and in practices.

Comment

At least the Pats won

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  With that all said, how or what can you expect if they can't do it now that they are in Di.1 Hockey level....if you think they will get better in the mean time...not happening and that is on the player and the Coach that has the player on the team and in practices.
                  Give him another 30-pack, and he'll explain it all to you.

Comment

At least the Pats won

And, the Sox are poised to win another Series... Things ain't so bad right now.

Comment

130 yds yesterday, 190 yds the week before, w tf is wrong with the discipline on the football team? They should have won easily yesterday, momentum gets killed when its 2nd and 20 all the time

Punting on 4th and 1 or 2 on the W&M 34 in the third quarter up 3 was when the game was over. The touchback resulted in a net 14 yard punt.

Comment

Paul's number retired by Anaheim...
                        https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/1...eim-ducks.aspx

Comment

Does the hockey team play this weekend, does anyone care?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Ouch, Wally. A little harsh, eh?

Comment

Maine at UConn is certainly doable for a couple of wins. Blue can possibly right the ship and try to build on it. I don't foresee a bid this year (or any bid ever, under Red) but this is the era of parity and I wouldn't necessarily bet against it.

(Wouldn't bet on it, either, BTW.)

Anyhoo, we were planning to go to this series, but got ambushed by a shotgun wedding in The Warden's family. Would have been fun to see the campus; never been there before.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-25-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Ahem. Don't have anything good to say then don't say it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X