This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

UNH down 1-0 and outshot 4-2 early. No Engaras. Engaras played six games in the SHL and has now sat the first seven games of his UNH career. Meanwhile, Melvin Karlson at Lake State played eight SHL games - and I believe two other professional games at a lower level - but played in games 3 and 4 of the season for the Lakers...??

It's curious. It can't be a talent concern with Engaras - I expect he's easily in the line up based on talent, myself, but even if he was on the fringe Souza has made a point in getting everyone in at least a bit...

So is there a more significant penalty for one reason or another? Did he accept more unnecessary benefits than Karlsson (did Karlsson specifically avoid these benefits)? Are the situations entirely different, somehow? Have the compliance offices simply approached the situation with a different understanding? Is there an injury keeping him out - at least now?

I certainly hope it's not the old MJ style penalty (a year plus games played) a la what Matile faced. An announcement would make sense with any sort of penalty - though I'm not surprised they have not bothered to give one not anyone has bothered to ask...

---

Nazarian from Pierson ties the score at 1-1.
    Last edited by Dan; 11-09-2018, 06:45 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      UNH down 1-0 and outshot 4-2 early. No Engaras. Engaras played six games in the SHL and has now sat the first seven games of his UNH career. Meanwhile, Melvin Karlson at Lake State played eight SHL games - and I believe two other professional games at a lower level - but played in games 3 and 4 of the season for the Lakers...??

It's curious. It can't be a talent concern with Engaras - I expect he's easily in the line up based on talent, myself, but even if he was on the fringe Souza has made a point in getting everyone in at least a bit...

So is there a more significant penalty for one reason or another? Did he accept more unnecessary benefits than Karlsson (did Karlsson specifically avoid these benefits)? Are the situations entirely different, somehow? Have the compliance offices simply approached the situation with a different understanding? Is there an injury keeping him out - at least now?

I certainly hope it's not the old MJ style penalty (a year plus games played) a la what Matile faced. An announcement would make sense with any sort of penalty - though I'm not surprised they have not bothered to give one not anyone has bothered to ask...

---

Nazarian from Pierson ties the score at 1-1.
      UML never scored. UNH is winning 1-0.

Comment

Apparently it is just, 1-0. Per UNH twitter, the Nazarian goal was the first of the game. Live stats had a UML goal from Ryan Lohin entered around 4 minutes into the game. That goal remained in the stat program past Nazarian's goal at the nine minute mark or so, but it has since been deleted...??

That is a strange mistake to make mid-game - it involves a lot of specific typing steps - and then leave up for ten minutes of real time...
        Last edited by Dan; 11-09-2018, 06:55 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          UML never scored. UNH is winning 1-0.
          Strange. Thank you.

Vela from Grasso. Two to nothing UNH, if live stats are to be trusted. Twitter confirms.
          Last edited by Dan; 11-09-2018, 06:57 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            "I would rather be stabbed in Lowell than a Black Bear in Maine."

I will try to be at Libby's by 5:15 pm Saturday.
            Haha. Great quote. UNH scores first and that's a first!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Strange. Thank you.
              Yes, I noticed that too. The online box scores were wrong. There was a potential goal under review but the puck didn’t cross the line. Anyways 2-0 now end of 1st for you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                Yes, I noticed that too. The online box scores were wrong. There was a potential goal under review but the puck didn’t cross the line. Anyways 2-0 now end of 1st for you guys.
                That makes sense. Appreciate the update! Game must have quickly moved on without a chance to delete the goal.
                Last edited by Dan; 11-09-2018, 07:01 PM.
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

Apparently it is just, 1-0. Per UNH twitter, the Nazarian goal was the first of the game. Live stats had a UML goal from Ryan Lohin entered around 4 minutes into the game. That goal remained in the stat program past Nazarian's goal at the nine minute mark or so, but it has since been deleted...??

That is a strange mistake to make mid-game - it involves a lot of specific typing steps - and then leave up for ten minutes of real time...
                  Goalie interference on the no goal, which should have been obvious even to UML homeboy fans, but the refs reviewed it anyway.

Wyse 5-minute major for hitting from behind will carry over for 3+ minutes into second period. But, UNH scored 4-4 to go up 2-0, as UML player was serving 2-minute minor for roughing following the UNH major.

Both teams playing solid D, with 5 SOG each.
                  Last edited by Snively65; 11-09-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

UNH 2-0 after one. Wildcats have scored nine goals on 58 shots versus Tyler Wall in the last 2.33 games head to head. An .845 save-percentage and a 3.86 goals against average...

In the meantime, they managed just one goal on 20 shots against UML's other goalie Hernberg.

Prior to this stretch, as a FR, Wall beat UNH four times in five chances allowing just eight goals on 114 shots for a .930 save percentage.
                    Last edited by Dan; 11-09-2018, 07:13 PM.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Goalie interference on the no goal, which should have been obvious even to UML homeboy fans, but the refs reviewed it anyway.

Wyse 5-minute major for hitting from behind will carry over for 3+ minutes into second period. But, UNH scored 4-4 to go up 2-0, as UML player was serving 2-minute minor for roughing following the UNH major.

Both teams playing solid D, with 5 SOG each.
                      Robinson makes six saves over the first three minutes of the second period as the Wildcats kill off the remaining time on the major...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Ughhhh these penalties!!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Lowell outshoots UNH 15-1 in the second period, now 20-6 for the game, but the score remains 2-0 UNH...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Lowell outshoots UNH 15-1 in the second period, now 20-6 for the game, but the score remains 2-0 UNH...
                            So much for SOG! But give credit to UNH PK!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Grasso assist on Vela's goal changed to Gildon. UNH kills another penalty early third...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• Wow, two extra-attacker goals 20 seconds apart pull UML even late. Shots are 14-3 in the third, 29-4 (!!) over the final two periods and 34-9 for the game. All in favor of the Riverhawks. Tied at 2 and heading to OT...

Also of note, Blackburn did not dress tonight.
                                Last edited by Dan; 11-09-2018, 08:33 PM.
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X