Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

OK, we've waited long enough.

First real game is only a day away.

Here is some reading to get you caught up, courtesy of Todd Milewski at the Wisconsin State Journal.

Learn more about the Wisconsin Badgers' 2018-19 men's hockey opponents

Explore the Wisconsin Badgers men's hockey roster by position

5 things to watch in NCAA men's hockey this season

5 things to watch in Big Ten men's hockey this season

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

BC is ranked 12 (with 2 first place votes), UW 26. Both have played an exhibition game. A pretty big test early on, but it's a long first road trip for BC, hopefully BC will get surprised by the pesky young badgers. Let's go RED!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      BC is ranked 12 (with 2 first place votes), UW 26. Both have played an exhibition game. A pretty big test early on, but it's a long first road trip for BC, hopefully BC will get surprised by the pesky young badgers. Let's go RED!
      I hope BC has a lousy trip as I do think they're pretty underrated at #12. With everybody back from the HE champs and the addition of some high draft picks, that is a very loaded team. Oliver Wahlstrom alone adds a huge scoring threat and makes them much better all by himself. BC should be a favorite for a 1 seed if you asked me.

Still, it's hockey and anyone can beat anyone. Getting a win this weekend would sure be a big boost for the boys.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Still, it's hockey and anyone can beat anyone. Getting wins this weekend will sure be a big boost for the boys.
        You are slipping my friend, I fixed your post. LET'S GO RED!

Comment

Rob Andringa will be on the broadcast tonight, hopefully this means his health is on the upswing. Best wishes again to Rob.

TG is using a lot of code words that mean we need to be patient with the team in the Badger Hockey Digest and in print. It's a brutal schedule to get a team like this off to a good start, but let's hope for the best. Are there any gimmes on the schedule at all? MUST STAY POSITIVELY POSITIVE!

Comment

There are no gimmies on the schedule. The difficult schedule though means that a .500 record is likely to put the Badgers in, or on the bubble. So they'd have a chance for a ticket going to the B1G tourney. As long as they stay within striking distance of .500 (and we don't start 0-14, for example) there's no need to start panicking early with a young team.

What I want to know is, are we going to be hard to play against? If we are just hard to play against, we're going to win some games, even vs. the very best teams. And winning some games vs. the very best teams goes a long way in the PWR.

Having said all that, it's time to take these coasties to the wood shed! Let's GO RED!
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Having said all that, it's time to take these coasties to the wood shed! Let's GO RED!
              I prefer my eagle breast medium rare with lots of black pepper. I smoke the rest, it's good eating.

Comment

I hope BC has a lousy trip as I do think they're pretty underrated at #12. With everybody back from the HE champs and the addition of some high draft picks, that is a very loaded team. Oliver Wahlstrom alone adds a huge scoring threat and makes them much better all by himself. BC should be a favorite for a 1 seed if you asked me.

Still, it's hockey and anyone can beat anyone. Getting a win this weekend would sure be a big boost for the boys.
                As a BC fan, I agree with your assessment on BC being underrated nationally to start the year (but really it seems like voters just go on what happened last season). BC was picked to win Hockey East though. So, locally the expectations are there. That being said, BC has been absolutely atrocious in the non conference the last two years. It's what has kept them out of the NCAA tournament. So for this weekend I just want a win. I would think both teams would be "ok" with a split.

Comment

What a difference having good defenders makes. Great start to the season!

Comment

Listened to Posick and Perrin. Sounded like a very solid win for Wisconsin. As was stated earlier I think BC is underrated so this is a great first step.

I love that the goals were all from Fr, it sounded like they all have a very high compete level and some grit to boot.

I’d be happy with a split against a team this good but i’m greedy. Hopefully the boys put the hammer down tomorrow and take another step forward.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Watched on TV, no bad D zone mistakes, Berry stopped a breakaway, none of the Fr looked out of place or over-matched. Solid win.

Comment

Hey, that went well! Pretty even play; it wasn't just a couple of game-breaking plays that went the right way. Miller is looking as good as advertised, Messner looked at home (you see...because he's from...), and while I definitely wasn't trying to play scout, when I did notice Emberson, I thought, "huh, he definitely looks solid at this level." I really like that top power play unit. (You know, once they actually get set up with possession.) I also wasn't paying attention to who was doing what against specific BC players, as the names I only really knew were Fitzgerald and the YouTube Puck Daddy child star himself, Wahlstrom.

Fun game!

Comment

Posick was on Fox with Ringo... Posick is better then I even thought if he managed to make the radio call with Ian at the same time!

Big win to start the season off right. Feel really good for Jack Berry, currently the #1 goalie in all of NCAA hockey!

I don't think we got BC's best for the whole game and the PP was terrible, but beyond that the boys played the way they said they were going to. Relentless pursuit on the puck all night, win battles, play hard and be hard to play against. Good stuff all night.

D played very well -- what a luxury to play Ess and Emberson as the third pair. Ess got off a bunch of shots and while the top four were all very solid, I really was impressed with the way Emberson plays the game. You hardly notice him out there because he's always in the right spot, he wins the puck back quickly and moves it quickly the other way. Man, he's really a solid Defenseman. That pair is going to make some big plays for us this year against 3rd and 4th lines.

Other things I noticed, were Linus Weisbach backchecking every shift. I don't know if he backchecked on any shift last year? Gorniak really has some wheels, and while I think it took him a while to get settled in, he made some really nice plays with and without the puck as the game wore on. Mersch and Messner don't play like frosh, they play like guys that were Captains last year. Caufield and Achan are going to score some goals this year. So close on a couple of nifty plays already tonight. Just a well played game by the Badgers all around. Keep it up boys.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Listened to Posick and Perrin. Sounded like a very solid win for Wisconsin. As was stated earlier I think BC is underrated so this is a great first step.

I love that the goals were all from Fr, it sounded like they all have a very high compete level and some grit to boot.

I’d be happy with a split against a team this good but i’m greedy. Hopefully the boys put the hammer down tomorrow and take another step forward.
                            Robb Vogel was on the radio with Ian. I'm out of state and DID watch the game on BTN2GO with Posick & Andringa. The Badgers looked **** good. I guess I'm pleasantly surprised! Defense really did look good and Berry was solid! Nice win; we're this far so now let's sweep the *****es.
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-12-2018, 10:31 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Robb Vogel was on the radio with Ian. Brian was with Ringo on BTN2GO. I'm out of state and DID watch the game on BTN2GO. They looked **** good. I guess I'm pleasantly surprised! Defense really did look good and Berry was solid! Nice win; we're this far so now let's sweep the *****es.
                              Oops!

I washing dishes and doing other chores while listening in so I must have spaced on Vogel.

I hope Andringa is on the upswing in his battle. Loved him and everyone else on that 90 team.

Gotta concur with earlier comments on Mersch and Messner, very solid play.

And if the D continues to okay like they did tonight the goalies should be ok.

“Hold em’ to three and we’ll win!” As the kids used to tell Jim Carey😀
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X