Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

***. make a call. This is ridiculous.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      ***. make a call. This is ridiculous.
      Quality ECAC officiating there tonight!
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Quality ECAC officiating there tonight!
        I love these guys! Freytag puts one of their top guys out of the game, we score a goal. Then we get a 5 min PP. Man these refs must be cheaper to buy then in the B1G.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Alright, our power play is ****ing trash.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            It isn't so much a 1-3-1 as it is a "clausterfauchen."

Comment

I wasn't watching but it sounded like a tough one for our offense. Not a good finish either giving up 2 in the final 6:00. Oh well, can't win `em all, so NOW we can run the table. Those of you watching, how did Jack look the final 6 minutes?
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-19-2018, 08:42 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

"clausterfauchen"

MCR~JR is travelling in Europe and will be in Germany tomorrow. I'll text him and ask what that means.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Talk to Strobel. He's in charge of it.

I fully expect it to struggle all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    I wasn't watching but it sounded like a tough one for our offense. Not a good finish either giving up 2 in the final 6:00. Oh well, can't win `em all, so NOW we can run the table. Those of you watching, how did Jack look the final 6 minutes?
                    I thought Jack was pretty good the whole night. Clarkson probably should have had 4 or 5 more goals except for Jack making a bunch of one on zero stops in the first half of the game. He kept us in it and gave us a chance.

Our vaunted young D got exposed a lot tonight. Clarkson F's were all over them and they ate a lot of pucks or made bad outlet plays. Everything happens faster on a small rink against a hungry team. The other way, 3 of Clarkson's goals came on wide open nets where our D were either way out of position out on the wall or both went out to the puck on the same side and neither stayed home. Just simple stuff.

The Mersch line was good all night again and created some great chances in the first that may have changed the game around had they gone. The rest played good at times, played terrible at times.

We score a big goal to climb back even after a really weak start and then, because one of the Clarkson guys is an idiot and came out of the penalty box when Tischke crushed a guy and gets gets DQ'd, we immediately get a 5 minute PP. Right there we have a chance to step on their neck and take control of the game. Instead, we look just awful and lazy on it, then take a penalty and let them off the hook. Just terrible stuff.

Oz didn't sound too happy with the effort post game. It just wasn't a good night.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Talk to Strobel. He's in charge of it.

I fully expect it to struggle all year.

Hit me up with a phone number or an email or something and I will have a chat with him.

Comment

Hit me up with a phone number or an email or something and I will have a chat with him.
                        Strobel's? It's mcs@athletics.wisc.edu
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Strobel's? It's mcs@athletics.wisc.edu
                          You know that guy?

Don't be that guy....

Comment

I wasn't advocating emailing him, just noting that he runs the power play unit and I continue to be unimpressed TG hired him.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

You know that guy?

Don't be that guy....
                              Dude, I didn't give away the nuclear codes --> Everybody's email is on the UW website.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

You know that guy?

Don't be that guy....
                                It’s all good. Strobel knows more about hockey than I do. I’m sure they will work on it in practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X