Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Welp I would say this team doesn't deserve home ice they swooned at the wrong point in the year
    Hard to disagree....
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
      Played hard well looks like trouble at bu just can't finish

They did play hard, but they also shot themselves in the foot too. Two power plays were wiped out by taking penalties on the ensuing face off. One power play lasted 4 seconds the other 3 seconds. Unreal, they need to play smarter.

Game highlights.

https://youtu.be/ae5I-bCYUR0
      Last edited by boblav1; 03-08-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Here's the Maine feed for tonight's game against BU.
        https://goblackbears.com/watch/?Live=4562&type=Live

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Here's the Maine feed for tonight's game against BU.
          https://goblackbears.com/watch/?Live=4562&type=Live
          Loving it so far
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

That fifth goal with the pass off the apron of the goal might have a chance at #SCTop10
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
              That fifth goal with the pass off the apron of the goal might have a chance at #SCTop10
              Impressive game by Maine. It's now 6-0 with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd period.

Comment

#4 seed Lowell hosted #5 seed Boston University in 2016. Lowell swept BU by scores of 3-2 and 5-0. A repeat of that would be great next weekend.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

that was ugly but good for us

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    #4 seed Lowell hosted #5 seed Boston University in 2016. Lowell swept BU by scores of 3-2 and 5-0. A repeat of that would be great next weekend.
                    Thank you Maine. Let's hope the Hawks can take advantage of the home ice.

Comment

So at some point in the past, Lohin apparently made a cutting remark to a linesman who continually tossed him from faceoff circle. Friday night, he was called for two penalties at the start of power plays. The generally feeling in our group in the stands was that neither penalty was a quality call.

Anyone getting impression that Lohin may be a marked man?
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

So, I may be the only BU fan not all that upset we didn’t get home ice because I’ve been staying at my parents’ place up here and it will be easier to get to these games than at Agganis.

Question - what are odds for walk up ticket sales? Is UML on break this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          So, I may be the only BU fan not all that upset we didn’t get home ice because I’ve been staying at my parents’ place up here and it will be easier to get to these games than at Agganis.

Yes, they are on break this week. I don’t think you’ll have any issues at all.

Comment

So at some point in the past, Lohin apparently made a cutting remark to a linesman who continually tossed him from faceoff circle. Friday night, he was called for two penalties at the start of power plays. The generally feeling in our group in the stands was that neither penalty was a quality call.

Anyone getting impression that Lohin may be a marked man?
                            I'd like to see the tape of the game because I did not either the hook or interference infraction, but I also missed that too many on the ice call a few backs in Merrimack so what do I know.

It's Norm's job to ride the ref when they botch something, he literally gets paid to be a dick to the refs when the situation call for it, what a charmed life. Ryan needs to ride that edge and not go over the line if this played out as you said.
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I believe they are on break yes. I don't know if dorms are being left open to allow students to support the games as they have done in years past (we were higher ranked those years IIRC). You're probably safe with a walkup ticket but if you can swing by during week to grab one, might be safer.

Hope we run into each other; be good to see you.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

I believe they are on break yes. I don't know if dorms are being left open to allow students to support the games as they have done in years past (we were higher ranked those years IIRC). You're probably safe with a walkup ticket but if you can swing by during week to grab one, might be safer.

Hope we run into each other; be good to see you.

None of these games ever sell out in any conference- did you see some of attendance figures this weekend
                                Michigan at Minnesota had 1900 Saturday- Even Penn State didn't sell out
                                Over/under has to be around 3000

Comment

Working...
                                X