UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Good game last night but yikes... that 2nd period!

Some random thoughts.....

Chase Blackmun is quietly having a very good season. His 3 points last night move him in front of Jon McDonald for freshman defense point leader. He's also played 25 of the 30 games this year which surprised me..... and a solid +8 in the plus/minus. Not bad.

Was also glad to see the Stefanson, Levesque, Lohin line reunited after last weekend. Anyone know why Norm messed with that for the PC match-up?

The more that I watch Dmowski the more I really like his knack for getting shots off quickly towards net.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post

Chase Blackmun is quietly having a very good season. His 3 points last night move him in front of Jon McDonald for freshman defense point leader. He's also played 25 of the 30 games this year which surprised me..... and a solid +8 in the plus/minus. Not bad.

Was also glad to see the Stefanson, Levesque, Lohin line reunited after last weekend. Anyone know why Norm messed with that for the PC match-up?

The more that I watch Dmowski the more I really like his knack for getting shots off quickly towards net.
      I've been saying it for weeks about Chase he is a Right Handed Dylan Zink he is going to develop nicely along Jon Mac we have a solid set of blueliners going forward

The problem with Providence is we have a hard time establishing any zone time because they are great at puck retrieval and playing the body game (sound familar?). The size and reach of Desharnais makes it hard to make plays from below the goal line and the only forward we have to match his size is Lucas.

Downtown Dimo has 117 shots on the year and at this point in the year, it's never a bad time to shoot when you have an open lane and a clean look.

I assume Chris is in net tonight for Lowell, if he plays lights out are going to see the tandem get dropped? Wall only saw 20 shots last night and 2 of those goals were pretty soft

I liked the band's version of Welcome to the Jungle needs a little polishing but a solid add to the setlist
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post

The team took the first portion of the second period off. MC came out with a jump and the Hawks stood around and watched. I felt bad for Wall as he didn't get much help for the first 5 minutes of the period. Hopefully the team has learned their lesson. Finish the job tonight with a solid 60 minutes of hockey.

What I like about Chase is he wants the puck on his stick. I like the way he takes charge of the PP. His offensive game is really coming along and he's playing solid defense too.

I also like the way Connor Sodergren is playing. He plays hard every shift and is second on the team in scoring. He must be tough to play against as he always seems to get under the skin of the opposing players.

Good to see goals from Charlie Levesque, Nick Master and Lucas Condotta last night.

Comment

Girls softball splits

Comment

Indoor Track and Field 2nd for both Women and Men. Good Stuff. Paul Hogan won the 5K and the 3K going away. Men won the Hept, the 800, 400 and did well in bunch of otheer stuff. We have incredible support from parents, alums, etc.

Comment

Men's bb tough game

Comment

Thinking Seth Barton was just a healthy scratch last night. Avni Berisha did not see the ice again after going feet first into the boards so thank god for the extra man rule this year. He came out before the third and tried to put some weight on it but was it for me for the night. I don't think it will be long term, but I only play a Doctor on Television and not in real life.

I'm still scratching my head on the Too Many Men with the actual call on the ice. I could have sworn I only counted 5, but I can't find game tape anywhere.

Kenny should have gotten a penalty shot at the end of the game, but that is just the honk in me talking...
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                  I'm still scratching my head on the Too Many Men with the actual call on the ice. I could have sworn I only counted 5, but I can't find game tape anywhere.
                  We clearly had 6 out there, and not for just a few seconds either.

Kenny should have gotten a penalty shot at the end of the game, but that is just the honk in me talking...
                  Yeah, no idea why there wasn't one. Only thing I can figure is that the penalty that was called occurred before he got into the open.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    We clearly had 6 out there, and not for just a few seconds either.

Yeah, no idea why there wasn't one. Only thing I can figure is that the penalty that was called occurred before he got into the open.
                    Yeah I guess I missed it. I usually pick those calls up in my Tsongas seats

I mean Kenny got interfered with on the initial play for the puck at the blue line and then hooked again when on the breakaway. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it would have been nice Kenny is the person you want with the puck in that situation. Oh well, we got out with a point.

The slide down to #15 in Pairwise is making me nervous.
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

Thinking Seth Barton was just a healthy scratch last night. Avni Berisha did not see the ice again after going feet first into the boards so thank god for the extra man rule this year. He came out before the third and tried to put some weight on it but was it for me for the night. I don't think it will be long term, but I only play a Doctor on Television and not in real life.

Hopefully Avni and Nick Marin are ok. It looked like leg /ankle injuries for both of them. Others will need to step up if they can't play next weekend.

Didn't get a good look at the too many men penalty but there were several players trying to get on and off the ice and I believe the puck was there too. If not a penalty shot at least a hooking call. There should have been two penalties called on that play. I hope Norm gave it to Shea at the end of the game, He was waiting for him.

The inability to clear the zone caught up with them. There must have been 4 or 5 faceoffs in the zone, many that they won but they couldn't get it out. Frustrating night, the tie feels like a loss.
                      Last edited by boblav1; 02-24-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Hopefully Avni and Nick Marin are ok. It looked like leg /ankle injuries for both of them. Others will need to step up if they can't play next weekend.

Didn't get a good look at the too many men penalty but there were several players trying to get on and off the ice and I believe the puck was there too. If not a penalty shot at least a hooking call. There should have been two penalties called on that play. I hope Norm gave it to Shea at the end of the game, He was waiting for him.

The inability to clear the zone caught up with them. There must have been 4 or 5 faceoffs in the zone, many that they won but they couldn't get it out. Frustrating night, the tie feels like a loss.
                        All of this is spot on.

The too many men was blatant. And not just for a second or two.

All of us in the area were trying to figure out why there wasn't the initial call, and then a second penalty (penalty shot) on the hook at the end.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The slide down to #15 in Pairwise is making me nervous.
                          I'm with you. It must have been a perfect storm of unfavorable outcomes for Lowell last night because they would have slid down to 15 even if they had won last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            I'm with you. It must have been a perfect storm of unfavorable outcomes for Lowell last night because they would have slid down to 15 even if they had won last night.
                            Yeah feels like we are being forced into a spot where we have to win Hockey East
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Yeah feels like we are being forced into a spot where we have to win Hockey East
                              Take care of business these last 3 games, win a QF series to get to the Garden, and they should be in.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                Hopefully the opposite will happen next weekend. The Hawks just need to do their own part.

Comment

Working...
                                X