Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
    Nice! Dr Gamache was a great professor, only had for him for an intro class to meet my graduation requirements, but I enjoyed his class very much. I always measure a person's intelligence by how well they can communicate a complex idea to someone with a lesser understanding. He knocked it out of the park every time in that regard.
    Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 02-13-2019, 10:42 AM.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Well, I (and others) complained enough about the lack of atmosphere from the student section that the Connector has a piece on it.

Can't wait till the "get off my lawn" comments start from the students when they read this.
      Too funny! I was just thinking about this after this past weekend's games and could not understand why the U-M-L chant would only stop at two repeats. If it kept going, we could get the whole arena rocking. Anyway, here is the link to the Connector article complete with quotes from several faithful on this message board:

http://umlconnector.com/2019/02/thre...olders-alumni/
      University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        A sweep by PC would really hurt Lowell this weekend. .
        I've been watching PC closely all year, and neither sweeping UML or being swept by them would surprise me.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

If I were to suggest one thing to improve the game night atmosphere at Tsongas it would be to have the band play more. No more pre-programmed music, all band all the time.
          Tully Rink Rat
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
            Cool stuff.

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
            Too funny! I was just thinking about this after this past weekend's games and could not understand why the U-M-L chant would only stop at two repeats. If it kept going, we could get the whole arena rocking. Anyway, here is the link to the Connector article complete with quotes from several faithful on this message board:

http://umlconnector.com/2019/02/thre...olders-alumni/
            Linky no worky for me

Comment

Found the article. I never knew the 3 times rule and I have been going since 1984 regularly. I just thought derogatory thoughts- they were uninterested, unimaginative, not really 'fans'. Talk about completely stupid and self defeating. Whoever came up with that one was missing something.

Monty needs to go pursue another degree and fix them

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                If I were to suggest one thing to improve the game night atmosphere at Tsongas it would be to have the band play more. No more pre-programmed music, all band all the time.
                Yeah, not until they learn some new songs. They've been playing the same songs since I've been going to games (2000-2001). Plus my kid goes nuts every time they play Glory and High Hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Found the article. I never knew the 3 times rule and I have been going since 1984 regularly. I just thought derogatory thoughts- they were uninterested, unimaginative, not really 'fans'. Talk about completely stupid and self defeating. Whoever came up with that one was missing something.

Monty needs to go pursue another degree and fix them
                  The 3 rule time thing came back when we were bringing in like 1000 people a night and most of us sit in the section behind the Lowell bench. It was to keep the small contingency of us on point. There was never a need to go 5, 6, 7 times because there was no one there.

Comment

Lowell is the CHN team of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      Yeah, not until they learn some new songs. They've been playing the same songs since I've been going to games (2000-2001). Plus my kid goes nuts every time they play Glory and High Hopes.
                      Nothing will ever top the Fire Exstinguers and ELO Fire on High

Now there was an entrance....

The Blue Brothers repertoire I like to call it (Can't Turn You Loose/Peter Gunn Theme) are classics. Manteca and Birdland as well those shouldn't be going anywhere. Was never a fan of the final countdown tbh as they circle the rink/before the video. Not really a huge fan of pre-programmed music makes it feel too much like a minor leauge/pro game.
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        Lowell is the CHN team of the week.
                        I know Mike McMahon tweeted out this quote as well, but it's so true...
                        Originally posted by Bazin
                        Overall, we wanted to give our freshmen the opportunity to fail in the first few months of the season, that way they can learn from it. You can talk all you want as a coach, but you need the experience to learn how to play the game.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          :raises hand: same here.

The 'system' used to regularly bleed $ off things we were supposed to get to support the dory ship. Before we had Marty to put a stop to it, we were in a world of pain. Trying to shut our hockey program was only one thing of a long list of things they tried to do to provide more $$ to the Dory.
                          I know most you hate Howie carr but when he released the salaries in the UMass system 15 years ago he didn't show Lowell's... and mostly because we didn't have any political hide away types. Lowell has run more or less responsibly for a good long time.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Kevin Boyle made his NHL debut on Saturday, and tonight he'll get his 1st NHL start: https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/boyle...ht/c-304795280
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              I know most you hate Howie carr but when he released the salaries in the UMass system 15 years ago he didn't show Lowell's... and mostly because we didn't have any political hide away types. Lowell has run more or less responsibly for a good long time.
                              It wasn't that we were run irresponsibly/responsibly as much as we had no vision. We were just marking time. They would promise us money then pull the plug on it to give it to the Dory and King would roll over and play dead. He never, once, complained or stood up and said it wasn't right. He didn't have a plan to get better, only just maintain.

It wasn't that he was a bad guy, he just didn't have a thought past the basics or how to inspire. He didn't do anything to build loyalty other than with the people he was directly interested in. You need to invest to get gains- in outreach and in $. The whole culture of the place changed after he left. The students stopped being the enemy. Having lived thru dealing with them over the yrs I like the new iteration better

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X