Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Still a lot of hockey to be played. A big series with PC coming up. The Friars are always tough and these are huge games for both teams. It should be a fun weekend of hockey.
    Scott probably has the record book, but I'm pretty sure that PC has the best record against Bazin's Lowell squads.

11/12 season: 2-1 regular season, 1-2 playoffs
    12/13: 2-1 regular season, 1-0 playoffs
    13/14: 1-1 regular season
    14/15: 0-2 regular season
    15/16: 1-1 regular season, 1-0 playoffs (the 3OT game)
    16/17: 0-2 regular season
    17/18: 0-2 regular season

Bazin is 6-10 in the regular season vs Nate Leaman, and 9-12 overall.

January 23, 2016 was the last time we beat PC in a regular season game. The last time we won at PC was March 9, 2013 (the night we won our first Hockey East Regular season title).

Yikes.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Yikes.
      Nicely summarized.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Well, I (and others) complained enough about the lack of atmosphere from the student section that the Connector has a piece on it.

Can't wait till the "get off my lawn" comments start from the students when they read this.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Scott probably has the record book, but I'm pretty sure that PC has the best record against Bazin's Lowell squads.

January 23, 2016 was the last time we beat PC in a regular season game. The last time we won at PC was March 9, 2013 (the night we won our first Hockey East Regular season title).

Yikes.
          Monty, your numbers are correct, and Bazin's worst record versus a HE team is Providence. The only other HE team against which Bazin has a sub .500 record is Northeastern (at 9-10-3 I believe).
          Conversely, Bazin's best record against a HE opponent is UMass (at 19-2-1).

Comment

Yikes.
            Norm's worst record by team:

Denver 0-2-0 .000
            Robert Morris 0-1-0 .000
            Union 0-1-0 .000
            Quinnipiac 1-3-1 .300
            Providence 9-12-0 .429

Those are the only teams that he has a sub-.500 record against.
            Last edited by ScottK; 02-12-2019, 11:07 AM.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Thanks Scott and Steve. Obviously, I meant HE opponents, so yeah, sadly I was right. Hopefully those numbers get better for Bazin and the boys this weekend.
              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                Norm's worst record by team:

Denver 0-2-0 .000
                Robert Morris 0-1-0 .000
                Union 0-1-0 .000
                Quinnipiac 1-3-1 .200
                Providence 9-12-0 .429

Those are the only teams that he has a sub-.500 record against.
                Thanks Scott. I see now that Bazin is actually 9-9-3 versus Northeastern.

Comment

Updated CHN's Pairwise Probability Matrix shows Lowell at 82% chance of making the NCAAs.

Basically says 64% chance of qualifying as an at-large, 18% of automatic qualifying (winning the HE Tournament), but a large variable in regards to where they'll finish in the pairwise, as high as 3 but all the way to 24. Highest odds are to finish 12/13.
                  Last edited by UMLFan; 02-12-2019, 01:45 PM.
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                    14 possible points left on the year in Hockey East and since its Amherst I would like nothing more than to eat their lunch and win the Regular Season. Petty? Sure is. But so was trying to kill our program TWICE.

I'll see myself out now.
                    We didn't try to kill your program. Most of us signed the petition to keep it back in the day. I hate that we keep losing to the River Hawks, but I want them around so we can keep trying to figure Bazin out.
                    GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron View Post
                      We didn't try to kill your program. Most of us signed the petition to keep it back in the day. I hate that we keep losing to the River Hawks, but I want them around so we can keep trying to figure Bazin out.
                      The fans obviously didn't (and I remember you helping us fight it), but the big chiefs at UMass most certainly did.
                      Monty

Comment

Updated CHN's Pairwise Probability Matrix shows Lowell at 82% chance of making the NCAAs.

Basically says 64% chance of qualifying as an at-large, 18% of automatic qualifying (winning the HE Tournament), but a large variable in regards to where they'll finish in the pairwise, as high as 3 but all the way to 24. Highest odds are to finish 12/13.
                        A sweep by PC would really hurt Lowell this weekend. I think 22 wins (in Hockey East) is a good benchmark for an at large bid. Since they clinched a playoff spot, they have at least 9 games left to get there. Based on what I have seen from the team in the second half, I am optimistic they can make it. This feels like a completely different team than the one that went 1-7 to end last season.

Comment

The fans obviously didn't (and I remember you helping us fight it), but the big chiefs at UMass most certainly did.
                          True, but its unfair to assume the System office automatically equates to the Amherst campus (I was going to use the F-word, but thought better of it )
                          GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Thanks for the assist on this Monty, no ill will towards the Umass faithful themselves, its the admin I have beef with here
                            Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 02-12-2019, 03:44 PM.
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                              Thanks for the assist on this Monty, no ill will towards the Umass faithful themselves, its the admin I have beef with here
                              :raises hand: same here.

The 'system' used to regularly bleed $ off things we were supposed to get to support the dory ship. Before we had Marty to put a stop to it, we were in a world of pain. Trying to shut our hockey program was only one thing of a long list of things they tried to do to provide more $$ to the Dory.

Comment

Nice piece about Bob Gamache.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2211713632415508

Comment

Working...
                                X