No announcement yet.

UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another strong wknd. nice roll going, congrats.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

We did have some trouble getting the puck out of our zone last night, but they kept Amherst to the boards most the part and did not let them get any chances from the middle of the ice.

In our attacking zone, I think we had some best buzzing of the goal I have seen all season. They really went foot on the gas pedal when the opportunity presented itself. I can't remember the last time these boys didn't give us an A++++ effort for the full 60.

I always worry about Providence. I know they are on a downturn, not scoring goals, but that neutral zone trap (much like our own) can be pretty devasting when rolled out effectively.

I think before the Northeastern game I said we needed 6 or 7 points over the next 5 games to keep pace with everyone. Well now I'm just going to be greedy and say I want all 10
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

Great weekend! Two shut outs. Amazing.
        I have been tracking shot attempts by line this year.
        The Conner Nick-Ryan line is clicking on all cylinders.
        Bring on PC.
        https://twitter.com/leecoffee9/statu...259873792?s=20

Comment

Last night's win officially clinched a playoff berth for Lowell. UMass has also clinched a playoff spot. The only other thing that has been decided in the Hockey East race is that Merrimack cannot get home ice.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Over 12k in attendance on back-to-back nights, which is amazing.

13 goals given up in the last 10 games, which is astounding. Take out the BC and UVM games, they've given up 4 goals in 8 of those games, which is ... well, there's no description that fits that.

This team is fun to watch ... that atmosphere last night was electric. More of that please!
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

When was the last time a sitting governor showed up at an Amherst Vs Lowell game? I remember Weld in 94 with Billy Bulger in tow, but has it happened since then? Loved the crowd in unison display of vitriol toward the Amherst jersey. I wore my jersey out to the grocery store yesterday and someone stopped me in Hannaford to chat about the game. I think this team has this areas attention and we should see a strong bump for the last three games (Still leading in Overall and HE only attendance in Hockey East) . UNH crowd should help make it a sellout on Saturday they are here and Merrimack always seems to be well attended regardless of records.

Chase Blackmun is playing like someone who isn't a 19-year-old freshman. What a steal this kid has been and he is reminding me of a right-handed Dylan Zink in the attacking zone. Lowell is rolling 4 strong lines right now all of whom have the ability to score. Again credit to Norm for shuffling these lines around and taking a well balanced approach. Our special teams have come together strongly in the 2nd half. That PP goal on Friday against BC was too easy, what a great read by Kenny to feed Ryan for a layup. On the PK how about that effort by Colin O'Neil during the initial Amherst power play on Saturday. That is Lowell hockey to me, doing the little things right, being present in the moment, and just playing with energy. These boys are commiting to their roles and fully gelled as a team something we didn't see at all last year.

I think beside the 12-13 Season this has been Norm's 2nd best coaching job to date if we are weighing each year against each year.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                I think beside the 12-13 Season this has been Norm's 2nd best coaching job to date if we are weighing each year against each year.
                I was really impressed by the 14-15 campaign where the team fell just short of another HE Tournament title and NCAA appearance. They lost Hellebuyck, Wilson and Folin as early departures and all 3 are NHL-ers (Hellebuyck being all star level, and arguably the best NCAA goalie of all time). I felt really good about Norm's ability to coach and the future of the program after that season.

Comment

Whoooaa Buddy, let's not get crazy! Talk to me when they are still playing in March lol.

Comment

Quick alumni update:
                    - Kevin Boyle made his NHL in game debut this past weekend after Chad Johnson was chased from the game. It looks like he did a decent job in a game that was already out of hand.
                    - Christian Folin was traded to Montreal .

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                      Whoooaa Buddy, let's not get crazy! Talk to me when they are still playing in March lol.
                      I stand by my statement with these freshmen being integrated and coming off an average year good coaching is the difference maker this year. While this team has had some growing pains along the way they are coming together right at the exact time you need them to be at their best. I mean I guess every year Norm has been here has been a good year when you really think about it long enough. I'm just very fired up on this team right now. I think we can skate with anyone right now for a full 60.

14 possible points left on the year in Hockey East and since its Amherst I would like nothing more than to eat their lunch and win the Regular Season. Petty? Sure is. But so was trying to kill our program TWICE.

I'll see myself out now.
                      Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 02-11-2019, 02:40 PM.
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        Quick alumni update:
                        - Kevin Boyle made his NHL in game debut this past weekend after Chad Johnson was chased from the game. It looks like he did a decent job in a game that was already out of hand.
                        - Christian Folin was traded to Montreal .
                        Great news for both former River Hawks. Hopefully Christian will see more ice time with Montreal than he did with the Flyers. He's only played in 26 games this year.

Comment

Tyler Wall and Christoffer Hernberg were named Hockey East Co-players of the week. Chase Blackmun was named a top performer.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Tyler Wall and Christoffer Hernberg were named Hockey East Co-players of the week. Chase Blackmun was named a top performer.
                            Very cool....was hoping that the league would find a way to honor them but didn't expect players of the week; was thinking defensive PoW

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Great news for both former River Hawks. Hopefully Christian will see more ice time with Montreal than he did with the Flyers. He's only played in 26 games this year.
                            That's my hope for Christian as well. Gonna be hard to root for Montreal, tho; hard enough for Philly, but man.....the Habs?
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Folin will hardly get on ice in Montreal

Comment

I stand by my statement with these freshmen being integrated and coming off an average year good coaching is the difference maker this year. While this team has had some growing pains along the way they are coming together right at the exact time you need them to be at their best. I mean I guess every year Norm has been here has been a good year when you really think about it long enough. I'm just very fired up on this team right now. I think we can skate with anyone right now for a full 60.

14 possible points left on the year in Hockey East and since its Amherst I would like nothing more than to eat their lunch and win the Regular Season. Petty? Sure is. But so was trying to kill our program TWICE.

I'll see myself out now.
                                Still a lot of hockey to be played. A big series with PC coming up. The Friars are always tough and these are huge games for both teams. It should be a fun weekend of hockey.

The Saturday night game at PC in on tv (NBC Sports Boston ) @ 7:00 pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X