Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I know it's real early, but I like what I've seen so far from Knoblauch, Stefanson and Condotta.

Any particular reason why the team wore the away jersey's all weekend?
    Maybe they did that to spare RIT from bringing two sets.

Comment

John Edwardh named ECHL Player of the Week for the 1st week of the season.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        John Edwardh named ECHL Player of the Week for the 1st week of the season.
        Nice

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
            Very disappointed about WCAP not broadcasting games anymore. One of those things I've been doing since I started going to games with my Dad 25 years ago. Put CAP on the dial driving home, have Bob give you a recap, an interview with that night's best player, and run down the road ahead.

Ramble Tamble
            It looks like the UML schedule page has been updated, it's now showing WCAP will be broadcasting the rest of the games.

https://goriverhawks.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

Question for you all - I know the rink name changed to Tsongas Arena. Is Tsongas Center still a thing? Like, it sits over the arena? I'm proofing a proposal for an event there and Tsongas Center is there. I wanted to immediately change to Arena, but am wondering if the overall complex is actually still Tsongas Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Question for you all - I know the rink name changed to Tsongas Arena. Is Tsongas Center still a thing? Like, it sits over the arena? I'm proofing a proposal for an event there and Tsongas Center is there. I wanted to immediately change to Arena, but am wondering if the overall complex is actually still Tsongas Center.
                Hi Scarlet, as far as I know, the entire building is named Tsongas Center. It used to be 'Tsongas Arena' when the city owned the building, but the university changed the name after they purchased the building from the city several years back. There are some function rooms inside the building, and they also host conferences on the arena floor.

There's no separate conference center yet. There was talk of building one, but it never materialized.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  Hi Scarlet, as far as I know, the entire building is named Tsongas Center. It used to be 'Tsongas Arena' when the city owned the building, but the university changed the name after they purchased the building from the city several years back. There are some function rooms inside the building, and they also host conferences on the arena floor.

There's no separate conference center yet. There was talk of building one, but it never materialized.
                  Ohhhh. I thought it was the other way around! Good to know. Glad it was correct in the proposal. Thanks!!

Comment

It looks like the UML schedule page has been updated, it's now showing WCAP will be broadcasting the rest of the games.

I tweeted at both UML Hockey and CAP and this is the response I got

@RiverHawkHockey
                    Oct 15

Games will still be on @980wcap this year, though not all games. Also, the stream with Bob and his rotating co-hosts is not just available through the app, but on http://GoRiverHawks.com through Sidearm. We appreciate the feedback and are constantly adjusting.

@RiverHawkHockey
                    Oct 15

To update, WCAP will join us in progress on Friday nights after the Friday night football is over in October and they will carry the Saturday games in October. Once November hits they will carry all of the games in there entirety (including post-game).

I wish they would have said something ahead of time
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                      I tweeted at both UML Hockey and CAP and this is the response I got

@RiverHawkHockey
                      Oct 15

Games will still be on @980wcap this year, though not all games. Also, the stream with Bob and his rotating co-hosts is not just available through the app, but on http://GoRiverHawks.com through Sidearm. We appreciate the feedback and are constantly adjusting.

@RiverHawkHockey
                      Oct 15

To update, WCAP will join us in progress on Friday nights after the Friday night football is over in October and they will carry the Saturday games in October. Once November hits they will carry all of the games in there entirety (including post-game).

I wish they would have said something ahead of time
                      I don't tweet but I posted something on FB after lilnsl les texted asking how he could listen to the game and there was no radio. So did Patman. The answer was less than impressive. They have a radio station that carried the games for the first 20 yrs. No idea what idjit decided to kill it but it was a huge mistake. I know all the BS about students owning it etc but this was never a problem for the first 2 decades (give or take) so I can't get why it suddenly became one and they took a successful thing off the air. Either you are a real D I program or you are not. We are like wanna-bes.

Comment

Anyone know if there's a way to watch the Miami games on TV or online?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                          Anyone know if there's a way to watch the Miami games on TV or online?
                          I think this is the only option: https://www.nchc.tv/

The last time UML played @Duluth I got the all school monthly pass since it was a better value than the day pass. They were really good about cancelling the auto renew. I just emailed them and they processed it quickly.

Comment

We will most likely be away from the internet tonight. Thankfully we can at least follow the scoring on CHN go. I don't have enough data to stream. I will be missing the radio feed. When you hear play by play you get used to the names and who plays with who. Now? I have no idea. And I know next to nothing about the players because I don't get to hear the little snippets during the game or intermissions. This is why I care less and less. (<---heretical).

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              We will most likely be away from the internet tonight. Thankfully we can at least follow the scoring on CHN go. I don't have enough data to stream. I will be missing the radio feed. When you hear play by play you get used to the names and who plays with who. Now? I have no idea. And I know next to nothing about the players because I don't get to hear the little snippets during the game or intermissions. This is why I care less and less. (<---heretical).
                              Tonight's game will be on WCAP at some point, I have no idea when though. They have it listed as JIP (joining in progress) on the team schedule page.

Comment

All-Freshman entry on the scoring sheet is nice to see. Knoblauch with the goal. Stefenson and Condetta with helpers. Bob is painting a very even-keeled picture from Oxford through 20.
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X