Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Looking forward to the BC rematch in two weeks. It should be another entertaining game.

Time to move on. Big game at NU Friday night. The Hawks let one slip away from them the last time they were there. That was a game they should have won.
    They are rumbling in the Northeastern thread about starting Ruck. I don't think Madigan will do it, but we shall see

4 goals scored in the last 4 games for Northeastern. Their offence is sputtering and we always look good on the "big" sheet. I remember our Power Play being highly effective down at Matthews earlier in the year.

My lone question going into this game is who does Norm go with? It's gotta be Tyler, but I think he will let practice predict that...

Road Game and Blue Unis hopefully this leads to points....
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      Rumblings are that the 3rd jerseys debuting tonight are a callback to the "Ranger Era" style jerseys. If it is the blue one I will gladly be plunking down money for it
      I have an original one

ANd we must be playing better when fanboys come trolling on our thread. When we are playing like horsh1t they are somewhere underground. Never thought I would see the day when BC was so bad they didn't make me a bit nervous. Usually this is the time when they come on. Not sure that will happen this yr.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        ANd we must be playing better when fanboys come trolling on our thread.
        Do you know what a fanboy is? You might want to look in Turk's direction.

Comment

Never thought I would see the day when BC was so bad they didn't make me a bit nervous. Usually this is the time when they come on. Not sure that will happen this yr.
          I agree. They are usually well on their way to gelling but this year, wow. I always hated that they ended up on our schedule in second half of the year well after they got the chemistry down.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
            Oh and another "lighter" note

The jerseys for sale were not great quality. The 50th Anniversary jerseys were produced by Under Armour these ones were not. The lettering and material used were questionable at best and IMO not worth the price.

Looked great on the players though, loved the backplates, not a fan of Lohin having Belvedere on his back, but that is just my greaseball Lowell self projecting itself.
            I saw a photo... not a fan because they didn't use the authentic font but I suspect that font is owned by Nike. I remember this fun stuff back from the NHL customization days. I tracked down the font and recreated the **** thing. I probably have a high res on a *********** (name of image host) page. I didn't see the numbers on that shirt... I know they used a couple of different number fonts back then one of them being a classical font used by the penguins.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I was at Friday's snoozefest. There was nothing "cheap" in that game so please stop whining about Ryan Lohin. You come across like a real dbag.
              So those ESPN announcers lied to me

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                I saw a photo... not a fan because they didn't use the authentic font but I suspect that font is owned by Nike. I remember this fun stuff back from the NHL customization days. I tracked down the font and recreated the **** thing. I probably have a high res on a *********** (name of image host) page. I didn't see the numbers on that shirt... I know they used a couple of different number fonts back then one of them being a classical font used by the penguins.
                Yeah lettering is not the same and they are missing the belly band too. I bought a CCM replica off of Ebay a few years back thing was still sitting in the original packaging. I think we should keep them in the regular rotation tbh to wear at home or on the road. Never been a fan of current unis
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

not a fan because they didn't use the authentic font but I suspect that font is owned by Nike.
                  Wasn't that jersey style made by CCM before Nike? I don't think that's it.

Comment

The new jerseys are, I believe, slightly different. I'm pretty sure the gameworn I have from that era doesn't have a white outline around the numbers on the back. It's a change I really like
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                      Wasn't that jersey style made by CCM before Nike? I don't think that's it.
                      IIRC it was CCM up until they moved into Tsongas and then changed mfgs at some point between 98-01
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                        Yeah lettering is not the same and they are missing the belly band too. I bought a CCM replica off of Ebay a few years back thing was still sitting in the original packaging. I think we should keep them in the regular rotation tbh to wear at home or on the road. Never been a fan of current unis
                        if they're not forcing us to use "UMass" that opens up a LOT of options. But yeah, i haven't liked them since we went away from the 04 jerseys. None of our jerseys except for the chiefs throwbacks.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

if they're not forcing us to use "UMass" that opens up a LOT of options. But yeah, i haven't liked them since we went away from the 04 jerseys. None of our jerseys except for the chiefs throwbacks.
                          Just a guess on my part but I don't think the administration wants to go away from the UMass branding
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Do you know what a fanboy is? You might want to look in Turk's direction.
                            Bwahahaha! I am loving this. Have a nice day, er, night

Comment

My amusement got me my first neg rep in years. That makes me even more amused. Kind of made my night.
                              Life is good.

Comment

My amusement got me my first neg rep in years. That makes me even more amused. Kind of made my night.
                                Life is good.
                                *fistbump*
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X