UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

There are no moral victories but that tie was character building "win" for this team

Kind of left scratching my head why Norm went to tandem mode this weekend thought Tyler should have gotten both starts

Ryan Dmowski is FEELING IT right now and I like how Norm has balanced off these lines
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Just got home and watching the recording. The BC player went face first into the board yes, but he wasn't facing the boards when the hit started....it's just how he spun after the hit. We got hosed on this.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        Just got home and watching the recording. The BC player went face first into the board yes, but he wasn't facing the boards when the hit started....it's just how he spun after the hit. We got hosed on this.
        And then got up and contributed two points to his team, we did get hosed big time on this should not have been a ejection
        Tully Rink Rat
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Some of the fans next to me, who were Lowell fans but none that I had seen before, made mention several times at how 'cozy' (their words not mine) the red-striped zebras were with York but never chatted with Norm. Their conclusion 'It's not a good look', especially given how a couple key calls (the major especially) went for BC. I don't necessarily buy into this and I didn't really see the 'coziness' as I was looking elsewhere at the time. Anyone have any input on this?
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
            Some of the fans next to me, who were Lowell fans but none that I had seen before, made mention several times at how 'cozy' (their words not mine) the red-striped zebras were with York but never chatted with Norm. Their conclusion 'It's not a good look', especially given how a couple key calls (the major especially) went for BC. I don't necessarily buy into this and I didn't really see the 'coziness' as I was looking elsewhere at the time. Anyone have any input on this?
            I'm the last person to defend HE officiating but they make bad calls not bias calls

For example Lohin should have never gone to the box in the 3rd last night. Fitzgerald rode him into the boards WELL after the whistle had blown and defended himself the best he could. That should have been on a Roughing on Fitzgerald (self-loathing Billerica kid I guess) and a hitting after the whistle on Kenny. Maybe you can nail that other BC player for 3rd man in/hitting after the whistle, but sending Ryan to the box was absurd.

That was a really cheap sequence by BC and they had been keying on Ryan all weekend with some real cheap **** good on Kenny for sticking up for his boy.
            Tully Rink Rat
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              There are no moral victories but that tie was character building "win" for this team

Kind of left scratching my head why Norm went to tandem mode this weekend thought Tyler should have gotten both starts

Ryan Dmowski is FEELING IT right now and I like how Norm has balanced off these lines
              That was a pretty exciting game last night. A great job by the team battling back all night long after a sluggish first period. So close to scoring as time ran out. The Tsongas would have exploded if that had gone in.

Agree about Dmowski. He looks like he's on a mission. A nice night for Chase Blackmun. What a move and pass on that game tying goal. Very impressed with the play of the freshmen class.

The Hawks are playing with confidence and are on a nice roll. Only 10 games left in the regular season. The next 5 games will be interesting (@NU, BC, UMA, PC, @PC).

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                That was a pretty exciting game last night. A great job by the team battling back all night long after a sluggish first period. So close to scoring as time ran out. The Tsongas would have exploded if that had gone in.

Agree about Dmowski. He looks like he's on a mission. A nice night for Chase Blackmun. What a move and pass on that game tying goal. Very impressed with the play of the freshmen class.

The Hawks are playing with confidence and are on a nice roll. Only 10 games left in the regular season. The next 5 games will be interesting (@NU, BC, UMA, PC, @PC).
                Next 3 weeks are Gut Check time for Lowell. 10 possible point they need to bank 6-7 pts to keep pace. 4 of these game carry huge weight with PWR rankings. Northeastern has a egg on the weekend and come friday might have an eye on the Beanpot on Monday.

2 years ago we rolled into Matthews the Friday before the Super Bowl won a 6-4 shootout and then the Patriots did their thing against Atlanta.

Let's hope for more of the same next weekend.
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

Oh and another "lighter" note

The jerseys for sale were not great quality. The 50th Anniversary jerseys were produced by Under Armour these ones were not. The lettering and material used were questionable at best and IMO not worth the price.

Looked great on the players though, loved the backplates, not a fan of Lohin having Belvedere on his back, but that is just my greaseball Lowell self projecting itself.
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                    And then got up and contributed two points to his team, we did get hosed big time on this should not have been a ejection
                    Sounds like something Levesque got called in his favor last year and then scored on ensuing PP

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Sounds like something Levesque got called in his favor last year and then scored on ensuing PP
                      I remember him scoring the goal but the actual hit I'm having a hard time remembering

Regardless, that was not boarding last night Cotton's back was never to the wall it should have not been ejection for a borderline hit
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

https://imgur.com/7vd2RjY

Here is the point from contact, Cotton slows himself up and puts HIMSELF into a defenceless position, this should have been 2 minutes at most
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

Oh and another "lighter" note

The jerseys for sale were not great quality. The 50th Anniversary jerseys were produced by Under Armour these ones were not. The lettering and material used were questionable at best and IMO not worth the price.

Looked great on the players though, loved the backplates, not a fan of Lohin having Belvedere on his back, but that is just my greaseball Lowell self projecting itself.
                          I think Dmowski can now be called "Downtown Dmowski"
                          What did you say?
                          Who own the Chiefs?
                          What did he say?
                          Owns! Owns!

Comment

So I just watched the replay on NESN and they slowed down the overhead angle from the last sequence in OT

If Lohin doesn't get his stick in there it might have been a goal Woll had no idea where it was and it went right by him

I hate those what ifs though
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

https://imgur.com/7vd2RjY

Here is the point from contact, Cotton slows himself up and puts HIMSELF into a defenceless position, this should have been 2 minutes at most
                              And here is the rule: It has nothing to do with facing the boards, it says along the boards and the responsibility is on the approaching player. The rule notation clears that up. Automatic Major and Ejection.

Hitting From Behind
                              SECTION 23. a. A player shall not push, charge, cross-check or body check
                              an opponent from behind in open ice.

PENALTY—Minor or major at the discretion of the referee.
                              b. Hitting from behind into the side boards, end boards or goal cage is a
                              flagrant violation.
                              PENALTY—Major and game misconduct or disqualification at the
                              discretion of the referee.
                              Note: The committee reminds coaches and players that the responsibility
                              remains with the player approaching an opponent along the boards in this
                              rule. While players turning to draw penalties are a concern, the positive
                              change in behavior the committee observed outweighs this issue. Any penalty
                              in relation to this rule along the boards or into the goal cage must be a major
                              penalty and a game misconduct or disqualification.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                                And here is the rule: It has nothing to do with facing the boards, it says along the boards and the responsibility is on the approaching player. The rule notation clears that up. Automatic Major and Ejection.

Hitting From Behind
                                SECTION 23. a. A player shall not push, charge, cross-check or body check
                                an opponent from behind in open ice.

PENALTY—Minor or major at the discretion of the referee.
                                b. Hitting from behind into the side boards, end boards or goal cage is a
                                flagrant violation.
                                PENALTY—Major and game misconduct or disqualification at the
                                discretion of the referee.
                                Note: The committee reminds coaches and players that the responsibility
                                remains with the player approaching an opponent along the boards in this
                                rule. While players turning to draw penalties are a concern, the positive
                                change in behavior the committee observed outweighs this issue. Any penalty
                                in relation to this rule along the boards or into the goal cage must be a major
                                penalty and a game misconduct or disqualification.
                                Spare me your legal mumbo jumbo he turned his back and put HIMSELF into a vulnerable position. How is a guy suppose to pull up in a spot like that? It was a horse**** call that was applied retroactively. Neither ref had his arm up and play contintued until it was blown dead when he was lying there like a dead fish.
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X