UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I think it corrects them a bit. I think they actually have more female than males
    Title IX gets weird... if we ever get sued on the money split we are done for but so is every D1 program. Last I knew UML was 60/40 male female so we are only required to maintain that split. I know we are required to have so many sports of each to maintain D1 status so I have to think something will fill the void. I honestly dont know where we stand on that

Either way it never seemed like we could make that sport work.

Of course i hope this means women's hockey is on the horizon but we shall see
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      I'd assume being a Red Shirt Senior he had enough credits to graduate already. I believe he only saw the ice once this year and with the emphasis on developing the underclassmen, it was unlikely he was going to see the ice the rest of the year. Best of luck to him in whatever he is pursuing post-college.
      From what I heard, he was 2 classes shy of graduating.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        From what I heard, he was 2 classes shy of graduating.
        We should be ok without him omg

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          Title IX gets weird... if we ever get sued on the money split we are done for but so is every D1 program. Last I knew UML was 60/40 male female so we are only required to maintain that split. I know we are required to have so many sports of each to maintain D1 status so I have to think something will fill the void. I honestly dont know where we stand on that

Either way it never seemed like we could make that sport work.

Of course i hope this means women's hockey is on the horizon but we shall see
          No. Not even on the radar as far as I know. We have too many female athletes for the ratio last I heard

Comment

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Highlights from last night : Watching Jon McDonald throw around his weight. That kid has a motor on him and I was glad to see finally to see him pick things up in the physical aspect of his game.

Lowlights : Drawing an icing on an extended shift for the Lucas - Lohin - Hausinger line. Then winning the draw getting the puck deep in the Denver zone only to see Kenny Hausinger not go off for a change and getting beat down the ice when he ran out of gas leading to the first Denver goal.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

I thought the first period last night was one of the most entertaining I've seen all season.

Last night was game 17, so we've finally reached the halfway point. I wasn't expecting Lowell to win last night, but the team is an incredibly disappointing 2-5-1 at home this year.

The play of the freshmen is still encouraging. It seems like the hawks are doing better at sustaining offensive zone pressure this season, but they still lack finish, and continue to fade as the game goes on. The better teams of recent past were teams that played their best hockey in the 3rd. Andy and Bob took the forwards to task in the post game saying they did not put enough pucks to the net when trailing late.

I hope these forwards coming from the USHL can put the puck in the net next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  I thought the first period last night was one of the most entertaining I've seen all season.

Last night was game 17, so we've finally reached the halfway point. I wasn't expecting Lowell to win last night, but the team is an incredibly disappointing 2-5-1 at home this year.

The play of the freshmen is still encouraging. It seems like the hawks are doing better at sustaining offensive zone pressure this season, but they still lack finish, and continue to fade as the game goes on. The better teams of recent past were teams that played their best hockey in the 3rd. Andy and Bob took the forwards to task in the post game saying they did not put enough pucks to the net when trailing late.

I hope these forwards coming from the USHL can put the puck in the net next year.
                  I didn't make the game as I have family in town. Those two PP goals put the game away for the Pioneers. Let's hope they can go into Amherst and play well.

It looks like the same lineup as prior to the break. Are there any injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    I didn't make the game as I have family in town. Those two PP goals put the game away for the Pioneers. Let's hope they can go into Amherst and play well.

It looks like the same lineup as prior to the break. Are there any injuries?
                    I would think Sodergren is now in the doghouse since his 2 bad penalties just minutes apart led to 2 Denver powerplay goals. That pretty much put the game away.
                    What did you say?
                    Who own the Chiefs?
                    What did he say?
                    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Love, love, love #25. I could watch him play all day. If Urgency could be contagious he would cause an epidemic

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                        I would think Sodergren is now in the doghouse since his 2 bad penalties just minutes apart led to 2 Denver powerplay goals. That pretty much put the game away.
                        I could be wrong, but this is the second time he's done that recently. And there were no repercussions the first time either. I was hugely frustrated when he was sent out for his next shift.

Defensive miscues continue to plague this team. The first goal, Gorannson (I believe it was) never had to attack the guy on the wall, he had no shot. Stay with the guy who's cutting through center ice. Bad read.

Second goal, I never saw the penalty, but another defensive miscue there in not getting the puck out.

Third goal, stupid stupid slash. Then two amazing saves, and Wall is left out to dry as the entire team just sat and watched.

Fourth goal, Gorannson again gets beat.

This team is hugely frustrating.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

On a better note

His first game will be against an ex-teammate, as the Oilers host the Jets (and Connor Hellebuyck) tomorrow.
                          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            I could be wrong, but this is the second time he's done that recently. And there were no repercussions the first time either. I was hugely frustrated when he was sent out for his next shift.

Defensive miscues continue to plague this team. The first goal, Gorannson (I believe it was) never had to attack the guy on the wall, he had no shot. Stay with the guy who's cutting through center ice. Bad read.

Second goal, I never saw the penalty, but another defensive miscue there in not getting the puck out.

Third goal, stupid stupid slash. Then two amazing saves, and Wall is left out to dry as the entire team just sat and watched.

Fourth goal, Gorannson again gets beat.

This team is hugely frustrating.
                            Looking at the highlights the Denver player's were left wide open in front of the net on those PP goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucr3...ature=youtu.be

Comment

And more good news.

Monty

Comment

There is a free stream of tonight’s Oilers game if you have the NHL app on one of your devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X