• Show
Clear All

• Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Game highlights
    https://***********/undinsider/statu...90727646527494
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Craig Button just listed Early top 20 for 2020 draft. Defenseman Sanderson (9) and Kleven (15) . Another 2 potential first round D looking good.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Craig Button just listed Early top 20 for 2020 draft. Defenseman Sanderson (9) and Kleven (15) . Another 2 potential first round D looking good.
        Any people that can score in the pipeline?

Comment

Berry is starting THOME..... Are you ****in kidding me?

Comment

Terrible effort tonight. They got alot of bad shots on net and a couple ok chances but they never once looked like they were even trying. Same shyt different year.. please get rid of Berry already..... Please!

Comment

I know it’s still early but that loss put them at 23 in the pairwise. Big game tomorrow night obviously
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                Berry is starting THOME..... Are you ****in kidding me?
                Thome played well, and made some great saves to keep it 0-0 until the fluke deflection that was the game winner. Looks like that was a good decision by Berry.

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk
                Terrible effort tonight. They got alot of bad shots on net and a couple ok chances but they never once looked like they were even trying. Same shyt different year.. please get rid of Berry already..... Please!
                I didn't really think the effort was the problem last night. They just don't have any true finishers on this team...at least that have shown themselves thus far.

As for getting rid of Berry, who would replace him? Unless you can produce a legitimate, realistic, and worthy option, it's just pointless *****ing and moaning.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Thome played well, and made some great saves to keep it 0-0 until the fluke deflection that was the game winner. Looks like that was a good decision by Berry.

I didn't really think the effort was the problem last night. They just don't have any true finishers on this team...at least that have shown themselves thus far.

As for getting rid of Berry, who would replace him? Unless you can produce a legitimate, realistic, and worthy option, it's just pointless *****ing and moaning.
                  If for some reason Berry is let go, which I don’t see happening anytime soon, I’d get on the phone to Cary Eades. The guy still bleeds green
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    If for some reason Berry is let go, which I don’t see happening anytime soon, I’d get on the phone to Cary Eades. The guy still bleeds green
                    The question is, would you rather have Eades manning the ship, or Berry? I think it would be extremely short-sided and highly overreactive to jettison Berry at this point (not that you have made such a suggestion, but others have). Of course, some idiots were calling for Hakstol's head too because he never won a title...a lot of those same idiots are now calling for Berry's head because he has not replicated Hakstol's track record.
                    North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      The question is, would you rather have Eades manning the ship, or Berry? I think it would be extremely short-sided and highly overreactive to jettison Berry at this point (not that you have made such a suggestion, but others have). Of course, some idiots were calling for Hakstol's head too because he never won a title...a lot of those same idiots are now calling for Berry's head because he has not replicated Hakstol's track record.
                      I give you that alot of idiots were calling for hakstol to get fired... But I wasn't one of them he will go down as one of the best coachs we have ever had. Berrys teams are full of talent and no punch. He won his first year with haks team and has been pathetic ever since. I don't care if they hire Lucia at this point. Berry's teams are all defense no offense and that doesn't work in today's game. If you are ok with how things are going.. good on you but this is not UND hockey. This is just plain pathetic

Comment

I give you that alot of idiots were calling for hakstol to get fired... But I wasn't one of them he will go down as one of the best coachs we have ever had. Berrys teams are full of talent and no punch. He won his first year with haks team and has been pathetic ever since. I don't care if they hire Lucia at this point. Berry's teams are all defense no offense and that doesn't work in today's game. If you are ok with how things are going.. good on you but this is not UND hockey. This is just plain pathetic
                        1) I think your take on Berry is too harsh (and too emotional). They made the NCAA Tournament in 2017, and I still believe they should have advanced to the Regional Final (that Offsides was questionable at best, and certainly not "conclusive" as required to overturn the goal). Last season, they fell one game short of making the NCAA Tournament when a few upsets knocked them out of the picture. Hak had a few seasons where UND got lucky to have some games outside of their control go their way to make the NCAAs. To say that Hak was one of the best coaches in program history and Berry is pathetic is...well...short sided, not understanding the program's history, and completely unfair to Berry (not to slight Hakstol, he was a great coach and undeservedly did not get a title). Changing coaches midseason is essentially unheard of in college hockey. It could very well set this program back for a decade. Having suffered through that before, I have no desire to go through it again.

2) Who said anything about being okay with how the team played this weekend, or how the season is going thus far? They have looked good at times (see vs. Minnesota/Wisconsin/Saturday vs. Mankato) and they have looked poor (this weekend, Bemidji series). That being said, it is still early in the season. We will see how it plays out. One thing I know for sure, firing Berry and trying to put someone else in charge is not the answer for this season.

3) Lucia? I have a feeling your head would explode if they named Lucia head coach.

4) You have a history of overreacting. I seem to recall you wanting to throw Cam Johnson under the bus during the 2015-2016 season in favor of Tomek. Good thing Berry didn't do that.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Fighting Sioux 23.. my head would explode if they hired Lucia lol... And I did want THOME to take over for Johnson when he was touted as one of the best incoming goalies in the league but time has shown that he doesn't hold up to that. Johnson's game improved alot after a few shaky games so I'm glad that they stuck with him too.

As for Berry, it hasn't looked good since his first year with Haks team. The offense scheme, the effort and how the team works together is bad... Really bad. The fact that he played Simonson over Adams last year is a joke. He has had one of the most talented teams in the nation the last few years but can't seem to get them to come together. Last year the players were actually fighting with each other... You can say it's the captains job to get that under control but Berry lost control of his team and hasn't got it back yet.

Just an FYI I just left the WMU game and am drunk because well... You know
                          Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 11-17-2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

How many years does the Natty buy Berry? What does UND need to do this year to keep the fans happy?
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Fighting Sioux 23.. my head would explode if they hired Lucia lol... And I did want THOME to take over for Johnson when he was touted as one of the best incoming goalies in the league but time has shown that he doesn't hold up to that. Johnson's game improved alot after a few shaky games so I'm glad that they stuck with him too.

As for Berry, it hasn't looked good since his first year with Haks team. The offense scheme, the effort and how the team works together is bad... Really bad. The fact that he played Simonson over Adams last year is a joke. He has had one of the most talented teams in the nation the last few years but can't seem to get them to come together. Last year the players were actually fighting with each other... You can say it's the captains job to get that under control but Berry lost control of his team and hasn't got it back yet.

Just an FYI I just left the WMU game and am drunk because well... You know
                              Drunk or stupid.

Comment

Lost and yet to be found. UND’s hockey teams identity. If found call Coach Berry.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X