UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

That win should give them some confidence going to Vegas and taking on the rodents.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Signs of life! Thank God! If UND could have cut down on terrible penelties they could have had a way easier game.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        That win should give them some confidence going to Vegas and taking on the rodents.
        Even if they lost tonight, if UND can't get up for the Gopher game...

I'm almost happy UND won tonight. Why? They would LOVE for their first win to be against MN. They would be SO HUNGRY for that. Not talking trash, or sandbagging here; that's the truth. This rivalry is, has been, and hopefully always will be, truly awesome.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I'm almost happy UND won tonight. Why? They would LOVE for their first win to be against MN. They would be SO HUNGRY for that. Not talking trash, or sandbagging here; that's the truth. This rivalry is, has been, and hopefully always will be, truly awesome.
          The rivalry is barely hanging on. With Minnesota ducking the Sioux for the last 6years it's taken a back seat to Saint Cloud , Duluth and Denver. It's still fun to watch but nothing to really get juiced about anymore.

Heck UND fans don't think UM as the best team in Minnesota anymore, they have been behind both Saint Cloud and UMD for some time
          Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 10-20-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

And the same could be said for Minnesota if the shoe was on their foot.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
              The rivalry is barely hanging on. With Minnesota ducking the Sioux for the last 6years it's taken a back seat to Saint Cloud , Duluth and Denver. It's still fun to watch but nothing to really get juiced about anymore.

Heck UND fans don't think UM as the best team in Minnesota anymore, they have been behind both Saint Cloud and UMD for some time
              Minnesota has been the 4th best team in the state for awhile.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Agreed. I would much rather North Dakota beat Denver than Minnesota. Of course, I live in Colorado...so that may have something to do with that. As for SCSU and/or Duluth, it's probably about equal in comparison to Minnesota.

The rivalry is certainly a shell of its former self...which I believe was one of Lucia's goals in pushing to not continue the rivalry after realignment.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Best Duck ever. It is still fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4UdUgDUz0A
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Minnesota has been the 4th best team in the state for awhile.
                    Take a picture since that will all be a memory soon.

Comment

Gotta love the rodent fans here. The obsession is still strong.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Gotta love the rodent fans here. The obsession is still strong.
                        I can only speak for myself, but you are the next game up for us. I was curious as to how this past weekend went for you guys, as that could affect this next game. I like to hear thoughts of opposing fans, status of the team, etc. It's not personal. Well, until puck drop. Then you all can die in a fire. After the game, though, I'd be happy to have a beer with...most of you all.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I see a few MSU fans here and last I checked there's a game coming up between the programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I see a few MSU fans here and last I checked there's a game coming up between the programs.
                            True. I haven’t looked into it but why isn’t this game where the Knights play?
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

True. I haven’t looked into it but why isn’t this game where the Knights play?
                              No one knows, last I heard. It should've been, unless Vegas underestimated hockey (which had been their reputation). I would think that after the Knights' season, this might be rectified in the future, if given the right matchup.

Comment

I can only speak for myself, but you are the next game up for us. I was curious as to how this past weekend went for you guys, as that could affect this next game. I like to hear thoughts of opposing fans, status of the team, etc. It's not personal. Well, until puck drop. Then you all can die in a fire. After the game, though, I'd be happy to have a beer with...most of you all.
                                Didn’t get to watch a lot of either game as it’s harvest season but what I did see was UND had some trouble with their team speed. Kato is a good team. They will make the tourney come March. UND’s goalies were horrid Friday night but much better Saturday. The one positive is they scored 8 goals after only scoring 2 total against Bemidji. Not sure what their identity is yet but one thing it isn’t team speed. Should be a good one in Vegas a game that should of been picked up by CBS Sports or NBCSN.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X