Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Originally posted by burd View Post
    This year's UND team is the worst they've had in 20 years and will probably finish at the bottom of the NCHC. If the gophers have anything at all, they'll win by ten.
    I could easily see that. I will be disappointed if it isn't at least 12.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      The only people left on USCHO is old people, and now I am old. The UND season thread has only 22 reply's so far, it used to get that many in a few hours. There used to be new UND fans flooding these boards every season, and now is there a single new fan to be found? I used to be able to get at least one new drunk UND fan banned from here every year, it was a lot of fun. I care about UND's banners about as much as I care about Jimmy Butler.
      however, if I need a little fun in my life, I always have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4UdUgDUz0A
      and this
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIqU387ycU
      Most stick to their own team boards nowadays, Gopher fans included. I rarely post on this side of USCHO anymore.

And yes, I'm also old.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Most stick to their own team boards nowadays, Gopher fans included. I rarely post on this side of USCHO anymore.

And yes, I'm also old.
        yes, I know I can go to sue sports to see the f' hawks crying, or GPL to see the gophers flying, and all game updates are on twitter, or such. Even though I have been a member of sue sports since it practically started, I don't go there to taunt them. Everybody hates anti-fans on their own board, which is why they went there to begin with.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

yes, I know I can go to sue sports to see the f' hawks crying, or GPL to see the gophers flying, and all game updates are on twitter, or such. Even though I have been a member of sue sports since it practically started, I don't go there to taunt them. Everybody hates anti-fans on their own board, which is why they went there to begin with.
          The expansion of social media basically killed boards like this. USCHO is network tv, and the other sites are the cable channels everyone actually watches.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The expansion of social media basically killed boards like this. USCHO is network tv, and the other sites are the cable channels everyone actually watches.
            I do miss those old days. The score threads used to be a huge part of my Friday and Saturday nights. The week long game threads were fantastic.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              I do miss those old days. The score threads used to be a huge part of my Friday and Saturday nights. The week long game threads were fantastic.
              Agreed. The UND/MN threads were so epic.

Comment

And yes, I'm also old.
                Aside from lack of diverse opinion, the problem with home boards is that fans tend to be so vested in positive outcomes that they turn into angry mobsters the minute things aren't going well--especially game threads. The Blackhawks site on HFboards is hilarious this way.

Comment

I could easily see that. I will be disappointed if it isn't at least 12.
                  It'll be 5-zip before most gopher fans arrive. They will be running the clock straight time before the second period is over.

Comment

Aside from lack of diverse opinion, the problem with home boards is that fans tend to be so vested in positive outcomes that they turn into angry mobsters the minute things aren't going well--especially game threads. The Blackhawks site on HFboards is hilarious this way.
                    This is very true. Pitchforks come out much sooner.

Comment

This is odd: I hear they are changing the format to even up the odds up a bit by dividing the contest into three parts, like a triathlon. 40 minutes of hockey, and two scored contests for chin-ups and lawn mower throwing (flight distance only).

Now we got us a game that is perfect for this venue.

Comment

This is odd: I hear they are changing the format to even up the odds up a bit by dividing the contest into three parts, like a triathlon. 40 minutes of hockey, and two scored contests for chin-ups and lawn mower throwing (flight distance only).

Now we got us a game that is perfect for this venue.
                        Well not quite. Isn't some kind of elevator activity in order? And in hockey news, two goalie commits this week. Kaleb Johnson (GF Central) and Cam Rowe (NTDP). I think the team is set in goal for several years.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...spect-cam-rowe
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

And yet you keep coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            Well not quite. Isn't some kind of elevator activity in order? And in hockey news, two goalie commits this week. Kaleb Johnson (GF Central) and Cam Rowe (NTDP). I think the team is set in goal for several years.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...spect-cam-rowe
                            Is Kaleb part of the Johnson GF hockey legacy?

Comment

Goalie commit
                              http://grandforksherald.com/sports/h...spect-cam-rowe
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Rowe was in net in their recent loss to the Gophers 7-1. With a GAA/4.55 and SV%/.830, he's projected to go in the 6th round. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X