Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Originally posted by HowardMBurgers View Post
    You need to stop copying and pasting other people's work under your own name.
    Are you hurt?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      It took DU a period to shake off the rust of a bye week and get back up to game speed. Once they did they owned possession. We’ll have to be better for a full 60 tomorrow if we want the sweep. Need to avoid the penalties too.
      Boy it sure didn’t feel like a win in a way. The first 20 was fantastic then it went south. Obviously Denver had a lot to do with that. They take penalties like that tomorrow night it will be a loss.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

It felt like the Sioux players were playing like they were thinking the other team is better but got some pucks to go in the net that might not have gone in earlier in the season, and that gave them the confidence to close out the game. Sure would like to see a repeat tomorrow!!
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          Followed by a forgettable 2nd... If I end up going up to the Forks tomorrow I'd take you up on a beer.
          Stop by our seats at 110 row F seats 1-4.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'm good with playing your 4th line all game they played decent but playing them in overtime with under a minute to go and of course they get scored on?!?!?!?!? You play your 4th line all game so your top lines can last all OT..... who does that!?!?!?!?

Other then that they played one hell of a game. After giving up the one in the first they shut down Denver offensively and got some good chances. Hopefully they can keep up this play for the next 4 weeks. It's the easy part of their schedule and it could mean making the tournament and not
            Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 12-08-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
              I'm good with playing your 4th line all game they played decent but playing them in overtime with under a minute to go and of course they get scored on?!?!?!?!? You play your 4th line all game so your top lines can last all OT..... who does that!?!?!?!?

Other then that they played one hell of a game. After giving up the one in the first they shut down Denver offensively and got some good chances. Hopefully they can keep up this play for the next 4 weeks. It's the easy part of their schedule and it could mean making the tournament and not
              They can do nothing but lose ground against the weak teams. Their chance will come in 4 successive weekends beginning in late January.

Comment

Hockey can be a funny game at times. UND should of lost Friday night and win last night. The better team doesn’t always win as we know but to have back to back games like that doesn’t happen to often. Scheel is the man though but I know he would want that first goal back last night. Other than that he was stellar all weekend
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

If the team plays the way it did this weekend it’ll win more than its share of games. I was actually a bit unimpressed with DU. After losing Friday, I expected a real good DU team Saturday. Instead they got handled by a UND team that’s been inconsistent all year and is short handed. DU got bailed out by good goaltending.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    They can do nothing but lose ground against the weak teams. Their chance will come in 4 successive weekends beginning in late January.
                    Well, they can earn key conference points against weak teams. Home ice for the First Round of the NCHC Tournament will likely be critical for this squad.

You are correct though that the stretch beginning with the home SCSU series (1/25-26/2019) through the home Duluth series (2/22-23/2019), with road trips to DU and WMU sandwiched in between, will also be critical. They go 4-4 in that stretch, and 8-2 otherwise, and I like their chances to make the NCAA Tournament. That would put them at 21-13-1, and likely with home ice in the First Round.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Well, they can earn key conference points against weak teams. Home ice for the First Round of the NCHC Tournament will likely be critical for this squad.

You are correct though that the stretch beginning with the home SCSU series (1/25-26/2019) through the home Duluth series (2/22-23/2019), with road trips to DU and WMU sandwiched in between, will also be critical. They go 4-4 in that stretch, and 8-2 otherwise, and I like their chances to make the NCAA Tournament. That would put them at 21-13-1, and likely with home ice in the First Round.
                      You're right, FS, they can gain position in the conference. I was focused on PW.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        You're right, FS, they can gain position in the conference. I was focused on PW.
                        And obviously pairwise is where it's at but it would be nice to have a home playoff series as far as the conference record goes. That could be the difference whether they go to the field of 16 or not.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I see that there is a coach fairly familiar with the program that may be available to act as a volunteer coach for a few days. Between jobs right now.

Comment

Barry scouts 4 UND recruits
                            https://grandforksherald.com/sports/...d-und-recruits
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Good looking group of recruits.

Comment

Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X