Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post
    Drunk or stupid.
    Oh wow you are so clever!!! Shouldnt you be over in the gopher thread pretending to be a Sioux fan and telling them how good they are?

Comment

• Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
      And I did want THOME to take over for Johnson when he was touted as one of the best incoming goalies in the league but time has shown that he doesn't hold up to that.
      No, it was Tomek. It was during the National Championship run when Johnson was an All-American. Thome didn't join the squad until last season.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        No, it was Tomek. It was during the National Championship run when Johnson was an All-American. Thome didn't join the squad until last season.
        You are right I meant Tomek not thome

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
          You are right I meant Tomek not thome
          No worries. I don't like the infighting. I think we're all frustrated with how the team played this weekend, and the difficulties they have scoring. Hopefully they turn it around and get back to playing Sioux hockey.
          North Dakota

Comment

No worries. I don't like the infighting. I think we're all frustrated with how the team played this weekend, and the difficulties they have scoring. Hopefully they turn it around and get back to playing Sioux hockey.
            Agreed

Comment

Parise now the leading goal scorer in the NHL from UND
              http://grandforksherald.com/sports/h...hl-goal-scorer
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                I'm sure UAA will get you right back on track.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It is bad this year, But not BC bad. They lost to Bentley today.

Comment

Well, I can't say that was impressive, but at least they showed a bit of heart to come back in the third to get the sweep. It was a needed result.

Here's to hoping that Jones gets back ASAP, and the squad starts to play up to their abilities for a full 60 minutes. They will need it the next two weekends.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Well, I can't say that was impressive, but at least they showed a bit of heart to come back in the third to get the sweep. It was a needed result.

Here's to hoping that Jones gets back ASAP, and the squad starts to play up to their abilities for a full 60 minutes. They will need it the next two weekends.
                      They showed some resolve tonight but man for 50 minutes it was ugly. A win is a win but much improvement is needed.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        They showed some resolve tonight but man for 50 minutes it was ugly. A win is a win but much improvement is needed.
                        I think a lot of fans, me included, wrote them off when UAA made it 3-1. But a win is a win for Pairwise. And hopefully a big motivator for the next couple weekends.
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Confirmed that Ryder Donovan has decommitted from UND. Said it was a very difficult decision, he really liked the staff and program, but didn't feel 100 percent in on UND and he is going with his gut. Donovan will be a senior at Duluth East this season.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Confirmed that Ryder Donovan has decommitted from UND. Said it was a very difficult decision, he really liked the staff and program, but didn't feel 100 percent in on UND and he is going with his gut. Donovan will be a senior at Duluth East this season.
                            Yeah, that's too bad. Seemed like a kid with a lot of upside to his game. But it happens. Not the first time a high end recruit has bailed (on us or anyone else) and it won't be the last. Good luck to him. If he wasn't 100% committed to the program, then both sides are probably lucky he changed his mind. I've always had a soft spot for those players who had a dream to play for North Dakota and couldn't think of playing anywhere else.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Yeah, that's too bad. Seemed like a kid with a lot of upside to his game. But it happens. Not the first time a high end recruit has bailed (on us or anyone else) and it won't be the last. Good luck to him. If he wasn't 100% committed to the program, then both sides are probably lucky he changed his mind. I've always had a soft spot for those players who had a dream to play for North Dakota and couldn't think of playing anywhere else.
                              Sounds like he will go to Duluth or Minnesota.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Well Hak is available.... #bringbakHak

Comment

Working...
                                X