Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Congrats. You took our legs away and wore us down. Good luck tomorrow night.

Comment

Very entertaining game between two very talented teams. I'm happy that NU won, just on the basis of BU not displacing a more deserving team. (PC.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Very entertaining game between two very talented teams. I'm happy that NU won, just on the basis of BU not displacing a more deserving team. (PC.)
        Well, actually, that's not correct. If BU (or BC) wins the tournament, that puts ANOTHER Hockey East team in. UMass and NU are already in, so BU wouldn't have "displaced" anyone.

Comment

• tough for the opponent, 2x in a season.. ot like that.. (lord knows we've been on other end); but THIS NU group this yr.. win or lose tomorrow.. these guys..

just a bunch of overachievers, that is all.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

🤔they would displace someone no? BC or BU if they had won? I wish I wish knew how to post pictures on here because I want to post a picture of the crowd . UMass with about 6-7?sections in balcony is great but not close to what was expected. BC in lower bowl , UMass up high . 8 seconds in and a ****** BC chant, so there’s some normalcy

Comment

26 Wins more than than Ferns Final Four Team and more than Cronin's NCAA squad. It's funny how much you can do with heart, determination and sheer will. Win or lose tomorrow, this team although not the most talented squad individually is collectively going into the tournament as a 2 seed and that gas never happened before! Nice job Huskies, we have a few more to win. Also what can you say about our goalie..kid is unreal!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Well, actually, that's not correct. If BU (or BC) wins the tournament, that puts ANOTHER Hockey East team in. UMass and NU are already in, so BU wouldn't have "displaced" anyone.
                PC is squarely on the bubble. If either BU or BC got/gets in (among other wild-cards) the Friars are out, never mind PC's superior body of work.

End-of-season AQ's are inequitably gifted. Pretty sure we agree on this.

Hell, I wouldn't even want Maine to steal a berth in that manner. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to negate a RS for the sake of a gimmick PS tournament, if one employs any logic at all.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-22-2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  Hell, I wouldn't even want Maine to steal a berth in that manner. .
                  Yes you would .

Comment

PC is squarely on the bubble. If either BU or BC got/gets in (among other wild-cards) the Friars are out, never mind PC's superior body of work.

End-of-season AQ's are inequitably gifted. Pretty sure we agree on this.

Hell, I wouldn't even want Maine to steal a berth in that manner. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to negate a RS for the sake of a gimmick PS tournament, if one employs any logic at all.
                    Well the tournament, specifically championship weekend, is the league's best way of making some money. Gotta have something on the line involved.

Comment

This never gets old does it? I love seeing how this team, and these teams under Madigan, seem to do a great job of keeping their cool down the stretch. And in terms of the season as a whole, it feels like they're still plugging along (whereas last year it felt like they ran out of gas). Both goalies were outstanding. I keep thinking this team has reached its' ceiling, what can you expect from a "rebuilding year", but here they are on the cusp of something more.
                      Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        Yes you would .
                        No, I wouldn't. The tournament AQ's are BS. Maine doesn't deserve a shot any more than BC does.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-22-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Well the tournament, specifically championship weekend, is the league's best way of making some money. Gotta have something on the line involved.
                          I don't see anyone there. Perhaps there's some TV money, but nobody attended.

Comment

I agree that this has felt like a rebuilding year the whole season. But we got some nice wins, got some ugly wins where we were outshot, and Primeau has been amazing.

Awesome job Huskies, why not get it done tomorrow? Let's do it

Comment

I don't see anyone there. Perhaps there's some TV money, but nobody attended.
                              Even if it was 10,000 total for the two games that's still a decent amount of money for the league

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Even if it was 10,000 total for the two games that's still a decent amount of money for the league
                                I think there were 10,000 there tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X