Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Yup and IIRC they were #1 vs #2 in the 2009 Beanpot. That right? My memory isn’t as good as it used to be, right mookie?
    Originally posted by joen05 View Post
    I think NU was 3 for that game.
    If I recall correctly, BU was #1, and NU was #2 in the USA Today poll, but #3 in the USCHO poll. Or it might have been reversed. But that Beanpot Monday was the highest we were at.

Comment

USCHO's schedule page actually keeps track of their (USCHO poll) ranking at the time of games. NU maxed out at #3 a few times that season

https://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/nor...key/2008-2009/

Comment

Polls, poles..Poles!.. ..
        let's just play some good team hockey & head into the NCAAs on a good note.
        Go Huskies!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Madden unanimous all rookie team as well as honorable mention for conference all star team.

Primeau and Davies first team all stars.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

congrats to them all. now egins the real test. they & rest of team will face a very desperate opponent tomorrow (for obvious reasons). up to the team to bring some intensity or end up looking ahead. start slow & it'll be over in the first period, just ask lowell.

wishing the team all the best in the h.e playoffs & beyond. go nu!
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              Yup and IIRC they were #1 vs #2 in the 2009 Beanpot. That right? My memory isn’t as good as it used to be, right mookie?
              Nope.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

NU Men's BB facing mighty Kansas today in the big dance @ 4pm (TNT).
                What a season they've had.. wishing them lots of luck. Go Huskies
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  NU Men's BB facing mighty Kansas today in the big dance @ 4pm (TNT).
                  What a season they've had.. wishing them lots of luck. Go Huskies
                  Well that didn’t go well...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Well that didn’t go well...
                    ha no, not at all! well, 23 win season, conference championship & go down to a powerhouse (3 time national champion?).. in the dance. that's the way it went this yr. they had a good run, they'll be happy with their season just not the outing today.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

PREVIEW- Hockey East Semifinals. Boston University. Enough said

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...on-university/
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Your team blocked over 50 shots and won a real dog fight. I would be very disappointed if they rested on their laurels. That little spark plug of a d man Davies is great. Wishing you the best of luck this weekend. But just know winning HE is one thing, but your team can make noise in NCAA playoffs. I am a fan from a far, and I think most nuetral fans want you to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Your team blocked over 50 shots and won a real dog fight. I would be very disappointed if they rested on their laurels. That little spark plug of a d man Davies is great. Wishing you the best of luck this weekend. But just know winning HE is one thing, but your team can make noise in NCAA playoffs. I am a fan from a far, and I think most nuetral fans want you to win.

hoping they can make some noise here down the stretch. they have surprised us so many times (in a positive way), hopefully can continue that some more. thank you blackl !
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

hoping they can make some noise here down the stretch. they have surprised us so many times (in a positive way), hopefully can continue that some more. thank you blackl !
                            Now, take this in stride. Rest assured you are our top target. However, if I had to pick a team that was most like Maine in the old days... it would be your's. That Davies reminds me of Metcalf. Man I wish we could trade. But we can't.

Please, please, please.... understand your team is the cutt... go and win. Go and win for the rest of us that can see how your program plays it the right way!

Comment

Looking like a team that is safely in the NCAA tournament

Comment

Not anymore. Huskies really picked it up in the third.

Comment

Working...
                                X