• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    we suck.
    nesn et al, pls give us the 1st gm.
    UMass & BC is equivalent god ..er gold, far as ratings.
    they are primetime. we are peasants.

let us play our little gm & be done first,
    thank you.
    NU
    I hear you. And when it comes to BC, BU is second fiddle (by a wide margin) also. Only problem is, no way I can make a 4:00 p.m. game without missing an entire day of work (and I just took a week off). But yeah, BC always gets the "prime time" game (unless they're playing us, in which case we get it by default also).

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      I hear you. And when it comes to BC, BU is second fiddle (by a wide margin) also. Only problem is, no way I can make a 4:00 p.m. game without missing an entire day of work (and I just took a week off). But yeah, BC always gets the "prime time" game (unless they're playing us, in which case we get it by default also).

actually i was being completely serious, for completely different reasons. purely coming from a team/ coach perspective - any chance one gets, take the early gm, & the rest.. ratings be ****ed.

then hope for a late start for 2nd gm & multiple ots. have at it you 'primetime' teams..

anyway, if the 2nd gm scenario plays out.. & if your team wins fri, you can thank me late sat night.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

actually i was being completely serious, for completely different reasons. purely coming from a team/ coach perspective - any chance one gets, take the early gm, & the rest.. ratings be ****ed.

then hope for a late start for 2nd gm & multiple ots. have at it you 'primetime' teams..

anyway, if the 2nd gm scenario plays out.. & if your team wins fri, you can thank me late sat night.

Comment

It's going to be a graveyard for 4pm puck drop. But hey, they'll be fine with their bottom line when UMass fills it for 7:30.

BU played well against Lowell in two games, and played poorly in one. They scored plenty in all three though. SEason series 1-1-1, they were the best of the three matchups for us I think
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

best match up or not.. i think playing a big, physical, Maine team before heading into the semis hopefully has helped the Huskies. Maine took it to the Terriers 6-0 & we withstood that momentum somehow (back to back nights). if NU have learned a thing or two from it.. hopefully helps the team Friday.

Hopefully helps them beyond Friday.. win or lose.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Maine took it to the Terriers 6-0
              BU mailed that game in after it was 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                BU mailed that game in after it was 1-0.
                oh, so we get to play that team..
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

oh, so we get to play that team..
                  You never know with these guys. Maybe you'll get the one that got shutout by Merrimack. Or lost to Union. Or Arizona State. Or UConn.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    You never know with these guys. Maybe you'll get the one that got shutout by Merrimack. Or lost to Union. Or Arizona State. Or UConn.
                    now wait just a minute.. we were the ones that lost to Union, to Merrmack, to UConn..
                    well, should be a barnburner!
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

NU moves up to #6 in the USCHO poll. Highest poll standing in my memory. Still plenty to play for at the Gahden this weekend (like seeding and location) even though their NCAA ticket is punched.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        NU moves up to #6 in the USCHO poll. Highest poll standing in my memory..
                        they were #2 in the country under/in one of the Cronin years.. i forget which. (Brad Thiessen was our G back then).
                        Nevertheless, all good. Just bring it this Friday/wknd & let's play a good couple games hopefully. Go Huskies
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

now wait just a minute.. we were the ones that lost to Union, to Merrmack, to UConn..
                          well, should be a barnburner!
                          I'll laugh if Hockey East gets a scoreless tie going into a fifth overtime

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                            I'll laugh if Hockey East gets a scoreless tie going into a fifth overtime
                            NU wins 4-3 in the 5th OT. That would be hilarious. Jerry York would likely have a major meltdown if that were to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              they were #2 in the country under/in one of the Cronin years.. i forget which. (Brad Thiessen was our G back then).
                              Nevertheless, all good. Just bring it this Friday/wknd & let's play a good couple games hopefully. Go Huskies
                              Yup and IIRC they were #1 vs #2 in the 2009 Beanpot. That right? My memory isn’t as good as it used to be, right mookie?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Yup and IIRC they were #1 vs #2 in the 2009 Beanpot. That right? My memory isn’t as good as it used to be, right mookie?
                                I think NU was 3 for that game.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Working...
                                X