Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    we win the Beanpot (repeat)...Women's Hockey wins the Hockey East Championship (repeat)...Men's Basketball wins conference & is going dancing..been a good week, heck been a good month.. well, been a pretty good year actually ...
    All of this and a tip of the Husky hockey helmet is in order for the basketball brethren. Hope they get to gnaw on some Power-5 red meat while both hockey teams take care of business at Matthews. Heady times for Husky Nation.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Preview for the weekend. Not one of my best, life has gotten in the way a lot this weekend, but it's playoff time and I couldn't be more thrilled.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...s-hockey-east/
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Go NU!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

No... easy.. games!

Maine, tough playoff opponent. As expected.

#RespectYourCompetition
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

better team lost tonight.
            Maine outshooting the Huskies 2 to 1, out hustling us, out.. everything.. fighting for their season & just falling short..

coupled with lackluster compete effort by NU. we just plain lucky in this one.
            Hopefully team can learn from this. Glad this series is behind us.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              better team lost tonight.
              Maine outshooting the Huskies 2 to 1, out hustling us, out.. everything.. fighting for their season & just falling short..

coupled with lackluster compete effort by NU. we just plain lucky in this one.
              Hopefully team can learn from this. Glad this series is behind us.
              Your goalie is who you should thank. Good luck to NU this postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Your goalie is who you should thank. Good luck to NU this postseason.
                no kidding. him & some timely shot blocking. only bright spots.
                (thx & Maine hockey will be back, you guys knocking..)
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Ugly wins count the same as the blowout wins. Team owes Cayden some new pads come next season. Credit to his teammates for blocking 53 shots on the weekend. That's insane. Maine clearly had a strategy to shoot early and often, and be hyper aggressive to take away any space for NU to do anything. Worked to **** near perfection. But Primeau, as he has been so many times, was the difference maker. Also nice to see them FINALLY convert on the powerplay, even if 5 on 3. Proved to be the difference.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Well, I agree sometimes hockey is like life and the best laid plans and efforts don't always equate to success. However this team just finds a way. Blocked shots is a huge part of playing D and letting the best Goalie NU had ever had take shots he can track is another. We are headed to the NCAA tournament and if we can win one more game will set the season record for wins in a season with 26. Pretty amazing, this team does the little things that don't always pop out in the stats. I remember a goalie named Racine who carried his team a few times as well! Onward and upward!

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                      Well, I agree sometimes hockey is like life and the best laid plans and efforts don't always equate to success. However this team just finds a way. Blocked shots is a huge part of playing D and letting the best Goalie NU had ever had take shots he can track is another. We are headed to the NCAA tournament and if we can win one more game will set the season record for wins in a season with 26. Pretty amazing, this team does the little things that don't always pop out in the stats. I remember a goalie named Racine who carried his team a few times as well! Onward and upward!
                      And this is in a year billed by many to be a "rebuilding year" after losing 2 NHLers and an AHLer, with many question marks with regards to scoring. A strong testament to the coaching staff and the players for making this happen.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Looks like UMass just crashed the Gahden 'Beanpot 2.0' party... & they have the odds on favorite for the whole darn thing (rightly so).

Just glad NU has their NCAA ticket punched, regardless of nxt wknd.

Oh well.. Round 1 'pot repe.. i mean HE semis, here we go.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Beanpot redux indeed. Not sure which game is early and which is late but word in the Twittersphere is that the early game has been bumped up to 4 p.m., allegedly upon request of the member institutions. If I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd guess NESN and the league would want UMass-BC in prime time.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Beanpot redux indeed. Not sure which game is early and which is late but word in the Twittersphere is that the early game has been bumped up to 4 p.m., allegedly upon request of the member institutions. If I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd guess NESN and the league would want UMass-BC in prime time.
                            If I was the network your game is the second one

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              Yes, I speculated that on the BU thread. All things being equal (which means I don't think the BU/NU matchup is necessarily compelling enough to change anything), the #1 seed would play first to get more rest. Although the big question mark is how many fans UMass will bring. I believe they had 3900 last night, which would be the largest single-game attendance of any of the four quarterfinal series (if I'm not mistaken, based upon the box scores). Although BC doesn't usually bring a ton, UMass should probably bring enough to easily outnumber BU and I don't think NU can make up the difference to make that game more compelling.

Comment

• we suck.
                                nesn et al, pls give us the 1st gm.
                                UMass & BC is equivalent god ..er gold, far as ratings.
                                they are primetime. we are peasants.

let us play our little gm & be done first,
                                thank you.
                                NU
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X