Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

game day. tough road gm tonight. i realistically see a split. just very important that we get points tomorrow night, though i am not giving up on tonight.
    play smart, play hard. Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Completely frustrating. Zero offense. No possession. Felt like we were playing Providence. Time to bounce back tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
        Completely frustrating. Zero offense. No possession. Felt like we were playing Providence. Time to bounce back tomorrow night.
        Embarrassing
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

excellent back & forth game i thought. empty netter at the end notwithstanding, a very good effort by both teams.
          Eagles playing sound defensively & both goalies played very well; came down to making one extra play which BC made with the 2nd rebound goal. NU had their chances.. gotta regroup, same intensity tomorrow & hopefully come away with making the extra play and a split. Go Huskies
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Not sure about the Davies hit. I didn't think it was head contact but will need to look at it again.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              Embarrassing
              I felt like we played well defensively. BC didn't get a whole lot of chances. They were just beating us to the puck most of the night. Shake it off and come out strong tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                Not sure about the Davies hit. I didn't think it was head contact but will need to look at it again.
                As of right now it's in the book as a DQ. I would imagine he got a pretty good shot in and also means he misses tomorrow night's game (barring a reversal). I'm sure Rossi was at the game and will say it was undeserved.

Comment

This was not a good performance I was there and I didn't see a compete level! We had 20 FN shots and not more than 5 good ones, so you can't win to many. Not sure what you all think but we looked really bad, slow and were out battled all night, with the exception of maybe the 1st 10 mins, PP looked anemic. Still we were in it until the last 35 secs. We need the split. Yes it should have been 5. Hey these tix were 8 bucks if you need BC tix the coupon code = RYAN (FIGURES!)

Comment

powerplay def one area we can do much better tomorrow. was non-existent tonight. having said that, we had out chances 5x5. madden with an extra deke too many (just quick release it while goalie is getting set).. pecararo with the breakaway miss.. it happens.

one goal gms come down to team that makes the extra play. we did it at the beanpot; they did tonight. let's regroup, let's go.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I don't like our chances against any of the top 8 in HE without Davies. He's the most valuable non-goalie in the conference not named Cale Makar.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        As of right now it's in the book as a DQ. I would imagine he got a pretty good shot in and also means he misses tomorrow night's game (barring a reversal). I'm sure Rossi was at the game and will say it was undeserved.
                        Whats the likelihood of a reversal?

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                          Whats the likelihood of a reversal?
                          Not sure but if it was a mistake, those are usually corrected quickly after the game. Still showing as a DQ. Didn't see what happened but at this point I would be surprised if it gets changed to a misconduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                            I don't care about the standings or the pairwise. You still won't get me to root for BU tonight.

Go get mookie a beer
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Looks like it was changed to game misconduct. Not much of a penalty when you miss only the final 30 seconds of a sure loss but nonetheless Davies is able to play tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Looks like it was changed to game misconduct. Not much of a penalty when you miss only the final 30 seconds of a sure loss but nonetheless Davies is able to play tonight.
                                that is good to hear. i did not see hit either, but as TB noted, is a different NU team without him in the line up & we going to need every bit of the horses to muster a split tonight.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X