X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mookie sees -'s were given to ferrance/fabbro bowers/bobo/farabee
    Yeah, that was a fustercluck of epic proportions. Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. Still, never should’ve come to that. Seemed like the team was waiting for the clock to run out and play OT.

Again, another poor second period of play. That is baffling to me. Last night they battled back in the first to tie it at 2. Was hoping that momentum would grow in the second.

For a game they moved up because of the storm, there were so many things that caused delays. The double review of BU’s goal. The issue with the glass. A penalty shot. A review of a penalty. Was there anything else?

Comment

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      One of the more frustrating losses in recent years. Between the timing of the GWG, Oettinger allowing a very soft 1st goal, BU not able to get a go-ahead goal in 3rd despite throwing everything at QU's way, and the job Shea/Gravellese did officiating the game...
      You forgot to mention: "and the guy who scored the winning goal (Why can't we get players like that?)"

Sounds like I missed a stomach punch loss.

Onto Merrimack.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Some good signs:
        - Scoring from the bottom 6 forwards (putting Quercia in top 6) is trending up since coming back from break. 13 points in the last four games from the likes of Cloonan, Amonte, DeBoer, Curry, and Willman. 5 points from this group yesterday alone. Bottom-line scoring against top quality competition is a very positive sign moving forward, and something many here have rightfully complained about being absent in the past.
        - The team has erased a third period deficit in three of the four games and quashed the push by UNH in the other. Bad that they got down to begin with, but good to see resilience in striking back instead of folding like earlier in the year.
        - Farabee has elevated his game - 2G 3A since break.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          mookie read that box score right??? fortunato with 2, and the last coming with 2sec left?
          From a guy who took two shots in two years wearing the Scarlet & White.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
            From a guy who took two shots in two years wearing the Scarlet & White.
            Brandon Fortunoshoto
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Brandon Fortunoshoto
              Ha! I remember that.

Anyhoo...there’s a game today. I was so annoyed and frustrated after Saturday night I was thinking of not going today, but I probably will. Provided my car starts. Thankful for the parking garage at Agganis!

Comment

It's a MLK miracle!! Ryan scored
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  It's a MLK miracle!! Ryan scored
                  Saw that notification on my phone and did a double take!
                  Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

He missed an open net first, then managed to score, and then they had to review it. But yay! He scored! And Max Willman scored his first, too.

Comment

Cockerill got a fighting major and game DQ for the kerfuffle at the end. Automatic one-game suspension.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Cockerill got a fighting major and game DQ for the kerfuffle at the end. Automatic one-game suspension.
                        Thought it was just a misconduct...No?

Comment

And DQ was in the house.

And the Cubs fan got into the game! (All 6'6" of him.)

And they scored 3 power play goals!!
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            Thought it was just a misconduct...No?
                            Can't have a major for fighting not accompanied by a DQ, so either ref, stat person, or PA guy got it wrong. It was fixed in the after game box score to a DQ.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by bomber View Post
                              and dq was in the house.

And the cubs fan got into the game! (all 6'6" of him.)

and they scored 3 power play goals!!
                              and cloonan scored!
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I headed over to the Agganis tonight as my son had 5 tix to a very empty arena on MLK day! Having seen UMASS v NU on Friday and SAT night my thoughts are, UMASS is a man among boyz! That said, this was a fun game to watch and really had some good though a bit sloppy hockey with lots of end to end action that even included a nice 5 for fighting with many punches thrown both before and after the whistle by a tough BU player who had taken a cheep leg check at the blue line in the 3rd after the game was already a blow out. I love the tenacity and am hoping for a good Beanpot! Merrimack looked really disorganized and every bit a bottom feeder of HE tonight, I have seem them look ok but only when their goalie is standing on his head. BU can make a move I suspect and saw them just off the top 20 in this weeks poll!

Comment

Working...
                                X