This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

I might add some additional fuel to the fire by adding that there are also academic hurdles to cross for many schools. I'm not at all saying that BU has the same guidelines as some of the Ivies, but I think it would be a good bet that there are schools with looser standards against which BU has to compete. Without doing too much thinking, I would gather than BU is in the top half of college hockey.
    "What about my asthma?"
    "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Will this be Dartmouth's first visit to Agganis? I've been up there more than once to watch BU play Dartmouth but I don't recall a visit to Agganis. I'm not including WBA. I like the fact that red and green teams will be playing right before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
        I might add some additional fuel to the fire by adding that there are also academic hurdles to cross for many schools. I'm not at all saying that BU has the same guidelines as some of the Ivies, but I think it would be a good bet that there are schools with looser standards against which BU has to compete. Without doing too much thinking, I would gather than BU is in the top half of college hockey.
        how does that excuse work for nu? they are a friggin' commuter co-op school who'll take any dummy, yet they have suked arse for all long as anyone can recall
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          how does that excuse work for nu? they are a friggin' commuter co-op school who'll take any dummy, yet they have suked arse for all long as anyone can recall
          ha, ha.. hope that makes you feel better.. you miserable dope!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Will this be Dartmouth's first visit to Agganis? I've been up there more than once to watch BU play Dartmouth but I don't recall a visit to Agganis. I'm not including WBA. I like the fact that red and green teams will be playing right before Christmas.
            Not their first visit. I don't remember which year, but they were at Agganis sometime in the late 2000s/early 2010s.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Not their first visit. I don't remember which year, but they were at Agganis sometime in the late 2000s/early 2010s.
              Last time Dartmouth visited Agganis, they beat BU 4-2 in January 2014. Game 5 in that historically bad BU team's 1-14-3 stretch that season.

The only other time Dartmouth visited BU was in January 2008. BU lost 3-2.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                I'm sure you were kidding, but it appears that overall higher academic standards of applicants and the hockey team's performance are positively correlated! There are a ton of holes in that logic, but just wanted to put it out there...
                "What about my asthma?"
                "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

#8 is third line center. *sigh* I'd rather see #2 playing up.

If the 3rd or 4th line scores a goal tonight Cane's should hand out free chicken to everyone in the arena.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Anybody else having trouble with the screen? I'm just getting a blank grey screen with the Stadium logo...

Comment

• Carpenter?
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Seems like a much needed win to close out the semester. Shots on goal seem lopsided in Dartmouth’s favor.

Any comment from someone who saw the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          Carpenter?
                          Hurt. Tried to play, couldn’t. Ankle, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            Seems like a much needed win to close out the semester. Shots on goal seem lopsided in Dartmouth’s favor.

Lopsided shots notwithstanding, I thought it was a pretty solid win tonight. Oettinger played well. Second periods continue to make me very nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Considering our top two centers and a key defenseman were all out, not bad. Dartmouth poured on a lot of shots in the third while down a goal, which is not unexpected. Not a clean game and the bottom D pairing of Vidoli and Blixt continues to struggle, but some very solid efforts from guys stepping into larger roles. Nice to see Harper finally get on the board.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Up to Larry bird in pairwise

Just ahead of northern, uMO, niagara and aic

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X