Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

I guess we should get it started, since they have a game tomorrow night against Mount Royal University of Calgary. Hockey is back!
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Well, we're underway. Mount Royal was pretty badly overmatched, so we didn't really learn a lot about this year's edition of the Mavs. I like the new unis; actually having the school colors instead of black and white is a plus for me.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Yea i wish we were playing someone before Boston that would give us a better idea where this team is at. Given how important these games are in the pairwise just would be nice to have a few games under our belt. But thankfully Boston's in the same boat so we'll see how it goes.

The new uniforms are the best they have had in my opinion I never could understand the white and blacks and I much prefer the color Rush.
      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Hey MavsFans, I’m making the trip to Mankato this weekend. Looking forward to checking out a new arena. Question for you all - any good breakfast places, like diners you want to recommend? I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott. I will have a rental car. Let me know-thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Hey MavsFans, I’m making the trip to Mankato this weekend. Looking forward to checking out a new arena. Question for you all - any good breakfast places, like diners you want to recommend? I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott. I will have a rental car. Let me know-thanks!
          Weggies near campus has solid breakfast. Dinner i would say Tap House. Great food and good beer selection and its not far from the hotel you are at. Near the rink Rounders is a good spot. Thats my 2 cents.

Hoping for same result as last year. We have a tough first month so we will see how well prepared we are.
          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
            Weggies near campus has solid breakfast. Dinner i would say Tap House. Great food and good beer selection and its not far from the hotel you are at. Near the rink Rounders is a good spot. Thats my 2 cents.

Hoping for same result as last year. We have a tough first month so we will see how well prepared we are.
            Pagliai’s Pizza. Trust me.

Wagon Wheel is a old school diner downtown, very good. Weggy’s is good as well, up on campus.

Number 4 has a pretty good breakfast as well, a little more up scale.
            Last edited by MavHockey14; 10-07-2018, 10:46 PM.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations.

Quick question - what’s the parking situation at the arena?

Comment

Ditto on the Wagon Wheel recommendation. Old School!

There are a couple of large parking garages just north and south of the Verizon. The one connected to the Hilton Garden Inn usually doesn't charge. Parking shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  Ditto on the Wagon Wheel recommendation. Old School!

There are a couple of large parking garages just north and south of the Verizon. The one connected to the Hilton Garden Inn usually doesn't charge. Parking shouldn't be a problem.
                  I thought of the wagon wheel but I haven't been there since the ownership change but in college 00 to 04 it was great

Parking is easy! No cost and close. Some things about small towns schools are great thats 1 of them

Comment

Those jerseys are gorgeous. Finally. Purple, Gold, full stop.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Those jerseys are gorgeous. Finally. Purple, Gold, full stop.
                      They really did turn out phenomenal. Finally.

Heard a rumor we might see this year’s alternate Saturday night.. with the old Mavericks spelled out in the shape of the bull on the front of this year’s helmets, it wouldn’t surprise me to see those.. and if they do, absolute home run in terms of the jerseys this year.
                      AF 99

Comment

As you’ll see, plenty of options for parking, and it’s free pretty much everywhere. This definitely isn’t Boston.
                        AF 99

Comment

What's the word on Van-Os Shaw. I saw Shane said he was joining the team in the second semester. I wasn't aware of this before Friday. Was this always the plan?

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                            What's the word on Van-Os Shaw. I saw Shane said he was joining the team in the second semester. I wasn't aware of this before Friday. Was this always the plan?
                            From what I’ve gathered it’s due to enrollment requirements and he’s taking classes to get things everything squared away. Similar to McMahan and Leitner, but only a semester, not a year.
                            AF 99

Comment

Alright folks, what are the expectations for everyone this year?
                              AF 99

Comment

Working...
                              X