Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Agreed with being better on smaller ice tonight. Also UMASS was picked 6th in a very tough Hockey East this year. I believe they will supplant BC this year, if they haven't begun to already. No worries after only one game.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
      Agreed with being better on smaller ice tonight. Also UMASS was picked 6th in a very tough Hockey East this year. I believe they will supplant BC this year, if they haven't begun to already. No worries after only one game.
      Did the large ice cause the penalties? I'll give you it gives us a shot at preventing an odd man rush, but unless we can find a way to play a clean game and stay out of the box, we're going to have a rough time.

Comment

Never said about penalties, that was an adjustment that was never made. However the big sheet accentuated the players being out of position.

Comment

I didn't see Friday's game so I cant speak to it but some talked of large sheet playing a factor. There will still a lot of odd man rushes for UMASS and they were faster and stronger,even on smaller sheet. Marshall was good but UMASS hit three posts in second and were all over RPI. Looks like #39 got hurt pretty bad; and came off the ice; a real shame bx he looked like the best of the Froshs. UMASS is a mid pack team in HE and thoroughly laid the wood to them; seems like it s going to be a long year. Nice to see Benny, still can't believe Lee and Shirley took a pass on him.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Let me translate. Dave plays a 1-2-2 forcheck. His F1s got too deep and didn't provide the angle to force the d to have to go to the wall. the stuff abt adjusting to the officiating I have no clue what he's talking abt. Congrats to Lacka on his 1st goal.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Record article
              https://www.troyrecord.com/sports/rp...f32fcfbac.html
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Let me translate. Dave plays a 1-2-2 forcheck. His F1s got too deep and didn't provide the angle to force the d to have to go to the wall. the stuff abt adjusting to the officiating I have no clue what he's talking abt. Congrats to Lacka on his 1st goal.
                Regarding the officiating: We had a metric whackton of penalties in the first, all leading to PPGs. That means whatever it takes to stay out of the box.

Comment

Same thing happens every year, non conference games a ton of penalties get called, once league play starts the whistles get swallowed and everyone complains over everything. Amazes me how many refs are in the stands dressed as fans. This team cannot string two passes together so I think penalties are the least of this teams worries.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    Same thing happens every year, non conference games a ton of penalties get called, once league play starts the whistles get swallowed and everyone complains over everything. Amazes me how many refs are in the stands dressed as fans. This team cannot string two passes together so I think penalties are the least of this teams worries.
                    Not sure anyone's complaining about the officiating, as most of what they did whistle could be seen as legitimate. And it's definitely harder than it looks, if you ever try it. Right or wrong, they are a part of the game, and both teams must be aware of it. So we didn't take many penalties last night. And those we did, we defended for the two.

There's a laundry list that needs to improve. Passing, attacking the zone, finishing, pretty much everything when we have the puck. These kids know how to do it; we've seen Ralph's evidence. Now let's get some execution of it, both in practice and the games.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Post-game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-lF2a5Lok

Coach has already stated no comments on injuries. And you know what, I don't blame him a bit. We'll see if he's out there next week, and perhaps also during the practice session on media day. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Comment

I haven't listened to this.

Edit: Not clear that the speaker knows much about RPI. E.g., Smith came from Cornell.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-14-2018, 05:35 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quick football note. RPI moves up from #20 to #19 this week in the D3 poll. Really nice to move up when you have an idle weekend. Perhaps we should just not play next week and see if we can move up some more? We get to play Hobart at home and that is usually akin to as much fun as a colonoscopy. It is still early in the season but this game may actually be for the Liberty League championship and a spot in the NCAA playoffs. After this weekend, the schedule is much softer with only the Union game considered to be against a tough opponent.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Anytime an RPI player is leading the nation in a stat, it is worth noting.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Post-game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-lF2a5Lok

Coach has already stated no comments on injuries. And you know what, I don't blame him a bit. We'll see if he's out there next week, and perhaps also during the practice session on media day. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
                                I highly doubt we will see Lacka this weekend. He could not even hang on to his stick when skating to the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X