Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Let's not make stuff up. He says his team couldn't have beaten Shen Mites. That is 100% a comment about his team, not RPI. So much negativity these days... no need to gripe after a nice win!
    Really.... when you say you couldn’t be a mite team it’s a statement about your opponent. Still classless. Even more so when your players don’t shake hands at the end of the game. No negativity .... just reality.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Postgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRnA4bc4-6Y

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
        What a class act Bennett is. Compares RPI to a mite team. Then when sportsmanship should prevail his team skates off the ice without shaking hands. At least he’s consistent in ripping his team own players.
        It's a two game series. It's commonplace not to shake hands until the end of the series. We've done the same thing. As much as we have feelings about them, that is not something to attack them on. Now if they don't shake hands after tonight, you have a beef.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Their server is down.
          Weird... it worked on Chrome, but not Firefox... maybe because it's behind a paywall with a trial? But the main site also didn't work...

Comment

Congrats and way to start off the ECAC season!

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
              Really.... when you say you couldn’t be a mite team it’s a statement about your opponent. Still classless. Even more so when your players don’t shake hands at the end of the game. No negativity .... just reality.
              It seemed more about his team than ours, especially if he's calling them fluffy. Given how we've been playing I can definitely see your point, but the good news is that we improved on our finishing, and we have a chance continue on those improvements in a 60 minute effort tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                It seemed more about his team than ours, especially if he's calling them fluffy. Given how we've been playing I can definitely see your point, but the good news is that we improved on our finishing, and we have a chance continue on those improvements in a 60 minute effort tonight.
                The game was all about the Engineers finishing their chances. I did not notice a whole lot of shots that missed the net. Linden Marshall played a good game. Their goalie did not. It happens. Bennett was trying to motivate his team for tonight's game. No more, no less. My take away was once RPI woke up, they skated and worked hard. I think Union underestimated a team that is finding it's identity and is hungry for a win. They will not repeat their performance tonight so RPI needs to play 3 full periods. Especially the first when I expect an onslaught from Union. They have to work hard and aim for a W, but if not, not get blown out. They now know they can skate with a good team. They are young and the coaches need to prepare them for tonight's game. Tonight is more of a test than last night's game.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  The game was all about the Engineers finishing their chances. I did not notice a whole lot of shots that missed the net. Linden Marshall played a good game. Their goalie did not. It happens. Bennett was trying to motivate his team for tonight's game. No more, no less. My take away was once RPI woke up, they skated and worked hard. I think Union underestimated a team that is finding it's identity and is hungry for a win. They will not repeat their performance tonight so RPI needs to play 3 full periods. Especially the first when I expect an onslaught from Union. They have to work hard and aim for a W, but if not, not get blown out. They now know they can skate with a good team. They are young and the coaches need to prepare them for tonight's game. Tonight is more of a test than last night's game.
                  Absolutely true. One interesting tidbit from the press conference was his recollection of the 1st intermission discussion, where he pointed to Hayhurst as the example for how to play. Foreshadowing for next year's captainships?
                  Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-27-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    Let's not make stuff up. He says his team couldn't have beaten Shen Mites. That is 100% a comment about his team, not RPI. So much negativity these days... no need to gripe after a nice win!
                    Exactly, and he was right. RPI took it to them (after they played like marshmellows in the first) and there wasn't much resistance. RPI showed a lot coming back, and the opponent let down too. It also shows he wants to win this as badly as RPI does.
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

We capitalized on a few partial-breaks and odd-man rushes and happened to bury some amazing shots. There are definitely games we've played this season and last where we would have flubbed each of those and ended up losing like 3-1. I can distinctly remember multiple times remarking on how we can set everything up and be in exactly the right places and then we just choke on the finish. Regardless of whether they can put it together for more than a game every other week, all of these players had to demonstrate some modicum of skill. Hopefully we can see it a little more often this year than last.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        We capitalized on a few partial-breaks and odd-man rushes and happened to bury some amazing shots. There are definitely games we've played this season and last where we would have flubbed each of those and ended up losing like 3-1. I can distinctly remember multiple times remarking on how we can set everything up and be in exactly the right places and then we just choke on the finish. Regardless of whether they can put it together for more than a game every other week, all of these players had to demonstrate some modicum of skill. Hopefully we can see it a little more often this year than last.
                        Let's also remember that this can bring us momentum. If we can get to a point where we're burying everything, or at least forcing the goalie to be on top of his game, it makes things a little easier for us as a team, as the scouts are going to want to look at playing us differently, allowing us to control more games. We can't bank on this, as a really good coach will throw our game right back at us, meaning we have to be tough on D once again (the PK is good enough a test for that time). When we still had a women's soccer team around my area, the coach had a similar issue, worked hard on finishing, and the team ended up winning the championship. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but if we can prove to ourselves that we can still play like this offensively, we're going to start making some good progress.
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-27-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I for one don't care much about what Bennett says and whether he thinks we played marshmallows, fruit loops, or lucky charms. His team is his problem. We played a team with a "U" on their chest and beat them. They're a solid team and they will come out loaded for bear tonight. My concern is finding a way to play all three periods tonight like the 2nd period last night. Union's game plan will be to replay the 1st period only and try to put us away early. Our job is stay out of the box, create odd-man rushes, pressure their puck carriers, and move the puck crisply. At least that's the way I see it. Interesting that we're debating the meaning and significance of Bennett's comments when there's so much from last night to feel good about.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                            I for one don't care much about what Bennett says and whether he thinks we played marshmallows, fruit loops, or lucky charms. His team is his problem. We played a team with a "U" on their chest and beat them. They're a solid team and they will come out loaded for bear tonight. My concern is finding a way to play all three periods tonight like the 2nd period last night. Union's game plan will be to replay the 1st period only and try to put us away early. Our job is stay out of the box, create odd-man rushes, pressure their puck carriers, and move the puck crisply. At least that's the way I see it. Interesting that we're debating the meaning and significance of Bennett's comments when there's so much from last night to feel good about.
                            Some people just can't be happy. We did good things, we did bad things. I'm sure Coach Smith has addressed it, whether it's video, morning skate, or something else. We know what we need to do: Figure out a way to work inside, finish, and keep the opposition to the perimeter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              It's a two game series. It's commonplace not to shake hands until the end of the series. We've done the same thing. As much as we have feelings about them, that is not something to attack them on. Now if they don't shake hands after tonight, you have a beef.
                              Just as an aside, Atlantic Hockey whose schedules have them playing the same team twice on the weekend shake hands after both games. Maybe that’s where the original poster got the idea that not shaking hands after the first game was poor sportsmanship. Congrats on the win. Looking forward to visiting again when Army plays the Engineers in January.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                                Just as an aside, Atlantic Hockey whose schedules have them playing the same team twice on the weekend shake hands after both games. Maybe that’s where the original poster got the idea that not shaking hands after the first game was poor sportsmanship. Congrats on the win. Looking forward to visiting again when Army plays the Engineers in January.
                                We're also not used to two game series around here, so expecting to see the handshake every time. We do the same in the playoffs as was done last night. Either way, we have a good matchup coming up tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X