Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

"Ty" means?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I was trying to decide if this belongs on today's game thread or on the recruit thread. I tossed a coin, and it landed on its edge, so I am posting it here.

I strongly suspect that RPI recruit Reid Leibold will be at this evening's game. he is playing at the Salt Dome as I type this and will be playing tomorrow at 11:15 AM at tHFH. Since Union is not home this weekend, conceivably the entire Northwood Junior team will be at tHFH.
      I would expect them to be there also. I’m sure they would be in their Team warm-ups so for those that don’t know Liebold wears #26.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        He's back in the USHL because there's a transfer rule where you must "sit out" for a year and use your redshirt if you have it, but that does not prohibit them from playing juniors. We haven't seen that with some of the more recent ones because there's no wait when you go D-I to D-III, or you receive a diploma and enter graduate school at another institution.

If you happened to watch Emil closely, he had great positioning offensively, always finding an opening. Just a little trouble with the finish through a redirect, but that comes with practice. Best recruit since Pirri isn't that tough to argue, although Zalewski seemed a bit more well-rounded, and Haggerty was just as good offensively. Kid has a great future, and I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a bit from him, even if his training comes from elsewhere.
        Hi Dude, thanks for the explanation. I appreciate your analysis, but a player who has “great positioning” is not a guy who makes things happen on ice, and is a stretch to be considered a top 6 forward.

Cheers
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          I would expect them to be there also. I’m sure they would be in their Team warm-ups so for those that don’t know Liebold wears #26.
          I hope that number doesn't mean that he decided that he liked Union better.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"Ty" means?
            Thank you.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              Hi Dude, thanks for the explanation. I appreciate your analysis, but a player who has “great positioning” is not a guy who makes things happen on ice, and is a stretch to be considered a top 6 forward.

Cheers
              Positioning to where you're open brings good scoring chances. I'll give you that it's for naught if you can't finish, which is what I've been hoping we'd work on for the past few years, but to generate those opportunities is why they run the offensive motions the way they do. He may not have yet been the top 6, but I think he can crack it wherever he chooses to play out his college career. Confidence is tough when you're a .200 team, and it's probably going to hurt him if he can't figure out how to keep it when the chips are down, similar to what we're seeing with Chase Perry and what we're evidently seeing with C****r.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  RPI is now 6-0 and more importantly, in the Liberty League 2-0. We have 2 games that we should win (fingers crossed) and then the Union game to finish the regular season. RPI will undoubted get a post season game but to get into the NCAA field we will have to either run the table (unless each team has as many losses as we do and we had beaten them head to head). Not sure if this team has all the pieces that the 2003 team that almost got to the finals of the NCAA, but nice to have a winner in Troy. Now, if our boys on the ice can get going, this could be a fun time!!
                  I would think that if RPI manages to beat both Rochester and St. Lawrence (and they certainly have to be strong favorites to do that), then they can finish no worse than 4-1 in the league. Since Union has already lost twice, 4-1 would leave RPI tied with either Hobart or Ithaca, and they've beaten both of them.

So it would seem that the Liberty League championship is all but a sure thing. Unless the Liberty League no longer has an automatic bid, it's hard to see how RPI could fail to get into the NCAA field.

Comment

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-20-2018, 09:44 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wasn’t as unhappy as others tonight because I thought the boys played better tonight against an admittedly mediocre at best UConn team. We have a number of such teams in our lesgue and we will beat some if we just keep making incremental improvement. We had a fair number of chances but while their guy picked the corner brilliantly on the game winning goal most of our ricocheted off the glass. As Mike Addesa once said about another Steve Stoyanovich 100 mph rocket over the net, “We need fewer oohs and ahs and more cheers.”

Now for the potential bummer. After the game I heard a guy say Lacka has a broken arm. Has anyone heard confirmation or, hopefully, a more optimistic story?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        I wasn’t as unhappy as others tonight because I thought the boys played better tonight against an admittedly mediocre at best UConn team. We have a number of such teams in our lesgue and we will beat some if we just keep making incremental improvement. We had a fair number of chances but while their guy picked the corner brilliantly on the game winning goal most of our ricocheted off the glass. As Mike Addesa once said about another Steve Stoyanovich 100 mph rocket over the net, “We need fewer oohs and ahs and more cheers.”

Now for the potential bummer. After the game I heard a guy say Lacka has a broken arm. Has anyone heard confirmation or, hopefully, a more optimistic story?
                        I too wasn't as pessimistic as some of the others. The PK was very good. And the team had some very good chances in the third period.
                        I just wish that some of those chances wound up on net.
                        If we are going to score this year, it will have to come from the freshmen and Sophs. The upperclassmen have already proved that they cannot score goals.
                        The team does continue to improve its play, but if we continue to score one goal a game, it will be a very long season.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Record article
                          https://www.troyrecord.com/sports/rp...682170231.html
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            I would think that if RPI manages to beat both Rochester and St. Lawrence (and they certainly have to be strong favorites to do that), then they can finish no worse than 4-1 in the league. Since Union has already lost twice, 4-1 would leave RPI tied with either Hobart or Ithaca, and they've beaten both of them.

So it would seem that the Liberty League championship is all but a sure thing. Unless the Liberty League no longer has an automatic bid, it's hard to see how RPI could fail to get into the NCAA field.
                            I caught the end of the broadcast and believe they said two victories = NCAAs. Since it’s an established league with a new member coming in to get back to the magic number of teams (7) for an auto-bid perhaps they got a temporary waiver.

Comment

Somebody needs to ask the question, why does it take a goal against to get some urgency out of these guys. If they played the first fifty minutes like they played the last ten, this might have been a different finish.
                              Of course, we didn't fill up the net in those last ten minutes. Just sayin.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I caught the end of the broadcast and believe they said two victories = NCAAs. Since it’s an established league with a new member coming in to get back to the magic number of teams (7) for an auto-bid perhaps they got a temporary waiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X