Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley University Falcons 2018-19: Goodbye JAR, hello Bentley Arena

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    THAT was a fun game to watch. Despite being completely outmatched on the PP through most of the game, they stood up very well against AF at full strength. Center ice passing was better than the past, and they held ground against a bigger squad.

It honestly felt like they were much better matched at full strength as opposed to being on the PP. That AF PK was impressive.
    Yup, our PP looked pretty anemic tonight. But, our Falcons battled hard the entire night. We went into the game with a 1-7 record over the previous 8 games against Air Force, so nice to get our second OT win of the season. And, now we are at 0.500 on the season

Comment

Nice run that Bentley has put together, with tonight's 4-0 shut out hosting Air Force giving them a winning percentage for the first time this season, and third place in the AHC standings.

Comment

There is a lot to be encouraged by for the stretch run;

- Currently in 2nd place by win %, with a few games in hand
        - Remaining games are against the lower half of the conference
        - No major problems with injuries
        - Playing strong fundamental hockey at the right time of the season (they seem to be playing much better between the blue lines this year)

A few weeks ago I was trying to find routes for them to get a home playoff series. Now, they may be looking at a first round bye. Eating my crow, now.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Fun time to be a Bentley Hockey fan!!! 4 votes in the poll this week, only behind AIC (for Atlantic Hockey) who received 10.

Awesome sweep this weekend against a very solid Air Force team. I was there on Friday, and what a game it was. The Falcons showed incredible resiliency and heart, trailing the whole game, scoring with 2:00 to tie it up, then a great OT goal after a ton of sustained offensive pressure. I watched the first period of Saturday's game, and I think they looked even better in that period than they did for most of Friday's game.

There is a LOT to be excited about with this team. I echo all of Schiegs' comments. Pelino is playing great, the passing and chemistry between these guys is on another level, and special teams is holding up well enough to keep the train moving.

My only concern is that we're getting hot at the wrong time... however, if they continue to play at this level, they will be a force to be reckoned with in the AHC playoffs. Excited for the next few weeks!!

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
            Fun time to be a Bentley Hockey fan!!! 4 votes in the poll this week, only behind AIC (for Atlantic Hockey) who received 10.

Awesome sweep this weekend against a very solid Air Force team. I was there on Friday, and what a game it was. The Falcons showed incredible resiliency and heart, trailing the whole game, scoring with 2:00 to tie it up, then a great OT goal after a ton of sustained offensive pressure. I watched the first period of Saturday's game, and I think they looked even better in that period than they did for most of Friday's game.

There is a LOT to be excited about with this team. I echo all of Schiegs' comments. Pelino is playing great, the passing and chemistry between these guys is on another level, and special teams is holding up well enough to keep the train moving.

My only concern is that we're getting hot at the wrong time... however, if they continue to play at this level, they will be a force to be reckoned with in the AHC playoffs. Excited for the next few weeks!!
            When was the last time that our Falcons picked up 4 votes, for 25th place in the USCHO weekly poll?

Run the regular season table and we will have our first ever 20-win season. But, I would not mind missing the bye, which would not allow the Falcons to get rusty with the extra week off. And, would give Drew Callin a couple extra games to reach 100 career points, to keep that five-year streak going. But, with 79 points going into this weekend, that is probably a long shot. And, I like the way that Soderquist has put together a couple of top lines that have gelled in the second half of the season.

Comment

And, the unbeaten string extends to 10 games. Great effort to come back late in third to tie, and then dig deep to win in OT. I think that by Soderquist playing all four lines and three D pairs throughout game, the Falcons were able to wear down the Griffs in OT. Need to make the most of these games in hand to reel in AIC. It was not that long ago when the five eastern teams were at the bottom of AHC year in and year out.

Comment

Comment

In uncharted territory, for sure. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Need to make the most of these games in hand to reel in AIC. It was not that long ago when the five eastern teams were at the bottom of AHC year in and year out.
                    While I'm hoping Bentley loses and ties a couple here in the home stretch so the Jackets can clinch the regular season title, I too am glad to see some long overdue eastern dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post

13 votes and 23rd place in USCHO poll yesterday.

Comment

Comment

And, the run continues. Drew Callin picks up 2 more points. And, according to jflory81 on the Atlantic Hockey thread, Bentley clinched home ice in the postseason.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 02-15-2019, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Comment

Well, it was a fine run. And, gotta like the EAG when down two goals late. I still like our chances for a bye, although I would not mind seeing some extra home games in the MBPBEGAM round. Another point for Callin's goal, but will need a deep postseason for him to reach 100 career points, I think.

And, UML's second best unbeaten run in nation ended tonight also.
                              Last edited by Snively65; 02-15-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

My very unscientific survey of available tickets makes it look like there will be a good crowd at the regular season finale tomorrow night. I've always hoped Bentley and HC would develop a legit rivalry. A loud barn and a win would help.

Comment

Working...
                                X