Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Bump
    never up, never in!

Comment

Parity in the B1G:

Every Big Ten team that played a conference game last weekend earned at least one tie, and the only B1G team that hasn’t played to a draw in league action is Notre Dame.

“To me it just speaks volumes for our league,” said Ohio State coach Steve Rohlik, whose Buckeyes tied Minnesota twice on the road last weekend and picked up the extra point each night in the three-on-three session. “I think that our league’s off the charts. I think any of the seven teams can win on any given night, and I think it’s so close. That’s what it’s saying. That’s exactly what this weekend’s telling you, how good our league is and how close everybody is.”

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        Parity in the B1G:
        Is Rohlik trying to make us feel better?
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          I think so. He couldn't have been watching the same games I was watching.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            I think so. He couldn't have been watching the same games I was watching.
            I guess he could be trying to make himself feel better about technically tying twice against a clearly inferior team.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Ohio state? Clearly inferior?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Ohio state? Clearly inferior?
                Ohio St looked like a much better team from Section 6 on Saturday evening. YMMV.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Definitely the better and more skilled team

Comment

Oh ****. Nm. I thought it was Motzko saying that. It finally clicked it was OSU’s coach.

My mistake. Sorry about the confusion.

My post was trying to say OSU was clearly the better team.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      Probably so Wes, but we'll take what we can get, right?

In all fairness to Rohlik's comment, last season 11% of all games played were ties. This season the B1G is on pace for 25%. I don't think Rohlik's comment is unique to B1G coaches, they're all basically saying the same thing:

“The Big Ten is starting to become the league I think everyone was hoping that it would,” Michigan coach Mel Pearson said. “You’re starting to see that now. We were just talking the other day that it doesn’t matter what building you’re going into, you look at that schedule and it’s going to be a grind."
                      “I don’t know if everybody has improved equally, but I think that everybody has improved,” Michigan State coach Danton Cole said. “It’ll be a tough season for everyone and it’ll be similar to last year where every game is contested from top to bottom.”
                      GAME DAY Gents! Since the MSUM series disaster, Gophers are 3-3-2.

Consistency is the key for Motzko right now:

"We’ve played very well one night a week right now and that's what we're searching for. Consistency,” Motzko said. “The guys have been outstanding. They want to get better and everyone's on the same page. We're struggling with the consistency right now of how we want to approach things. The good is we've shown what we can do a lot of nights. The bad is we haven't been able to do it consistently.”

Article: Motzko Searching For the Right Buttons in Minnesota

Mich. has struggled lately (2-3-3 in last 8 games). Hopefully the Gophers can finish this half on a high note this weekend in Yost.

Comment

I hear the B1G coaches saying what a strong conference it is, and I see the polls, but I haven't seen strong teams on the ice yet. Michigan can look good, but is inconsistent, especially in net. A 1-1 tie can just as easily be between two terrible or mediocre teams as it can be between two outstanding teams.

This is going to hurt to type: Ohio State and Notre Dame look decent. The rest of the B1G looks like bubble teams at best.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                          Thanks for posting. It's good that Motzko is maintaining such a positive attitude. I think the team needs that right now...not a time to be critical, at least publicly. Sure hope they can get it together this weekend and come home with some points in the B1G standings. Looking forward to a strong finish these next four games as they head into the break following next weekend's non-conference series at home.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I feel like they've been inconsistent against bad teams and consistently bad vs good teams.
                            Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            This is going to hurt to type: Ohio State and Notre Dame look decent. The rest of the B1G looks like bubble teams at best.
                            I think you're forgetting Penn State but yes I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Thanks for posting. It's good that Motzko is maintaining such a positive attitude. I think the team needs that right now...not a time to be critical, at least publicly. Sure hope they can get it together this weekend and come home with some points in the B1G standings. Looking forward to a strong finish these next four games as they head into the break following next weekend's non-conference series at home.
                              Motzko is definitely a players coach. Always good to see the "M's" goin' at it. Hard to believe this rivalry goes back 95 years. Makes me feel young again. Cool Video

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                I hear the B1G coaches saying what a strong conference it is, and I see the polls, but I haven't seen strong teams on the ice yet. Michigan can look good, but is inconsistent, especially in net. A 1-1 tie can just as easily be between two terrible or mediocre teams as it can be between two outstanding teams.

Ouch!
                                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Working...
                                X