Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Do you want a cookie?
    Nope. Just wanted you to know that two people can play that game, Debbie
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      Nope. Just wanted you to know that two people can play that game, Debbie
      How does making an observation after something actually happened equal predicting it's going to suck in advance?

Don't take what I said before personally because it wasn't. I sometimes get annoyed with pessimism but that's my cross to bear and you can say whatever you like I'm not trying to chase you off.
      Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-05-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I've got a question for season ticket holders. Is there a 'guest ticket' you can buy for like $15 for any game? Or was that just a pre-season thing? My wife's cousin (who I can't reach) got us tickets to next Friday's game this way, before the season started. Now he is asking if we want to go to another game he can't make. Since we'll be in town for Thanksgiving that weekend, I thought I'd see if we could get cheap tics for the two kids who live in the state and all four go. Not sure if I want to spring for $30 each for the cheapest seats for two kids who are marginal hockey fans. But if I can get them much cheaper, and they want to go, I'll do that. (And I won't convince my wife to pick up seats outside the arena, since all she will do is worry about what will happen if we don't get them and have two kids to then deal with. She'll only go for it if we have tickets in hand.) Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          How does making an observation after something actually happened equal predicting it's going to suck in advance?

Don't take what I said before personally because it wasn't. I sometimes get annoyed with pessimism but that's my cross to bear and you can say whatever you like I'm not trying to chase you off.
          No one predicted beforehand that they were going to suck.

Like I said, I don't take anything personally. I have my negative moments but that really didn't feel like one of them lol.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            I've got a question for season ticket holders. Is there a 'guest ticket' you can buy for like $15 for any game? Or was that just a pre-season thing? My wife's cousin (who I can't reach) got us tickets to next Friday's game this way, before the season started. Now he is asking if we want to go to another game he can't make. Since we'll be in town for Thanksgiving that weekend, I thought I'd see if we could get cheap tics for the two kids who live in the state and all four go. Not sure if I want to spring for $30 each for the cheapest seats for two kids who are marginal hockey fans. But if I can get them much cheaper, and they want to go, I'll do that. (And I won't convince my wife to pick up seats outside the arena, since all she will do is worry about what will happen if we don't get them and have two kids to then deal with. She'll only go for it if we have tickets in hand.) Thanks.
            Season ticket holder here for many years, and I watch and read all the emails from GopherSports as they pertain to men's hockey pretty carefully. I don't recall any special deals for $15 "guest tickets" and am pretty sure they are not being offered now. If I do see any attractive discounted offers for the Thanksgiving weekend games I'll try to post them here.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Season ticket holder here for many years, and I watch and read all the emails from GopherSports as they pertain to men's hockey pretty carefully. I don't recall any special deals for $15 "guest tickets" and am pretty sure they are not being offered now. If I do see any attractive discounted offers for the Thanksgiving weekend games I'll try to post them here.
              If this year has attendance issues anywhere like last year, I will receive an email for deeply discounted tickets around Black Friday. All because I buy tickets to the games when SCSU plays at the 3M hoochie mama arena.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                If this year has attendance issues anywhere like last year, I will receive an email for deeply discounted tickets around Black Friday. All because I buy tickets to the games when SCSU plays at the 3M hoochie mama arena.
                They are already running some early Black Friday specials but I don't think the Thanksgiving weekend games are part of that deal.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  ...the 3M hoochie mama arena.
                  They should have named it that.

Comment

Horrendous backchecking by forwards on second goal. Nanne coughed it up, but bought time by forcing the player to the corner, but the forwards just glided by and left a 4 on 2 where Robson had no chance.

Comment

Horrendous backchecking by forwards on second goal. Nanne coughed it up, but bought time by forcing the player to the corner, but the forwards just glided by and left a 4 on 2 where Robson had no chance.
                      Truth, and I bet they hear about it.

Comment

Great googly moogly
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yep, the first goal came from a turn over also. But that goal was compounded by a lack of effort in forwards getting back. They were sailing towards defeat again until they got a lucky break of Brinkman's open net in the second and a power play on a shell shocked UW.

Quite happy with our freshmen. Our senior 'leadership' continues to not lead. The three Sheehy, Gates and Novak continue to individually have the worst plus minus on the team. Collectively they're at -14...although they are all on the top PP.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Yep, the first goal came from a turn over also. But that goal was compounded by a lack of effort in forwards getting back. They were sailing towards defeat again until they got a lucky break of Brinkman's open net in the second and a power play on a shell shocked UW.

Quite happy with our freshmen. Our senior 'leadership' continues to not lead. The three Sheehy, Gates and Novak continue to individually have the worst plus minus on the team. Collectively they're at -14...although they are all on the top PP.
                            Novak is worthless out there...never seen him more ineffective. IMHO bench Nanne...he's a turnover nightmare this season. Rossini is also fumble prone. This "coasting nonchalantly on their skates" from a couple Gophers happened against MSUM and last night. If was tBob my blood would be boiling. That's just plain lazy-*** pond hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                              Novak is worthless out there...never seen him more ineffective. IMHO bench Nanne...he's a turnover nightmare this season. Rossini is also fumble prone. This "coasting nonchalantly on their skates" from a couple Gophers happened against MSUM and last night. If was tBob my blood would be boiling. That's just plain lazy-*** pond hockey.
                              Reading these posts, if I didn't watch the game myself and know the score, I would have to conclude that the Gophers lost!

Comment

Looks like we got Shaky Schierhorn, instead of Steady Scheirhorn tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X