X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2018-2019

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
    Was able to watch the last two periods.

A fun game to watch between two good teams.

Snively with another big goal for the tie.

The 4 on 4 goal late in the 2nd really hurt
    The two penalties on Sweezey were the difference. Unfortunately the only defensive lapse of the night led to that breakaway. Kacsperski was excellent this evening, and really had no chance on any of the goals except the breakaway. Nice bomb by St. Ivany who immediately impressed with his size and ability to move the puck. Pearson also made a great play on the second Yale goal. Yale needs to stay out of the box and win more faceoffs if they want to win a few games. Seeing this team for the first time in person, I am very optomistic about this season
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

No puck luck this evening, 3 posts hit and a couple of wide open nets missed. One thing I have noticed this year is that Yale is starting slow and then gaining momentum as the game progresses. They had DC on their heals for the latter half of the game, they just could not finish. 13 days off until Union in Belfast, heading over for the games, can't wait!
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        No puck luck this evening, 3 posts hit and a couple of wide open nets missed. One thing I have noticed this year is that Yale is starting slow and then gaining momentum as the game progresses. They had DC on their heals for the latter half of the game, they just could not finish. 13 days off until Union in Belfast, heading over for the games, can't wait!
        Disappointing to only get 1 point on a home weekend. Missed the game. Saturday nights are tough and with the time difference, I'm in Arizona, sometimes we don't get home until the game is almost over.

Have a great trip. Should be a once in a lifetime experience.

Comment

Yale never wins these shoot outs.

And usually looks bad trying.

Comment

Kaz, does not seem to handle breakaways either. Yale outplayed Union, but could not finish, nice to see them wake and put away UConn after a pivotal 5-3 kill. I beginning to like the fight and stamina of this years team.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Kaz, does not seem to handle breakaways either. Yale outplayed Union, but could not finish, nice to see them wake and put away UConn after a pivotal 5-3 kill. I beginning to like the fight and stamina of this years team.
              I did think they played well against Union. After the Dartmouth game and the first two periods I was beginning to wonder if they would ever score. Certainly Yale spent most of the game in Union's end of the ice.

Missed the UConn game, but was glad to see the 6 goals when I got home.

How much time did you spend overseas?

Comment

Been here since last Tuesday, returning tomorrow. Great trip, a little cool. About 5-6k at each game, great atmosphere.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale was lucky to escape with a "W" against SLU last night. THe roughing call at the end was borderline and hard to see on the archaic SLU feed, especially with no replay available. Not sure what Morris (or someone else) said to eventuate the double minor, but it cost SLU the game. Yale played very well for the first period and a half until they seemed to tire and allow SLU to cycle, leading to defensive lapses and goals. It will be interesting to see how Yale holds up tonight against a bigger more physical team.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale was lucky to escape with a "W" against SLU last night. THe roughing call at the end was borderline and hard to see on the archaic SLU feed, especially with no replay available. Not sure what Morris (or someone else) said to eventuate the double minor, but it cost SLU the game. Yale played very well for the first period and a half until they seemed to tire and allow SLU to cycle, leading to defensive lapses and goals. It will be interesting to see how Yale holds up tonight against a bigger more physical team.
                    Missed the game. Just glad to get a win.

After looking over the box score I'm wondering. Does Yale have more power play goals this year already then they did all of last year? I bet it's close.

Comment

Best performance of the year.

Getting four points in the north country is as good as it gets.

Comment

A great weekend, two huge games next week vs. Union and UMASS. They can't overlook RPI either, Yale always has trouble with that team. I like the fact that the scoring has been spread amongst the lines, also St Ivany and Kemp have certainly solidified the defense.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Solid win. Pretty much never in doubt, even at 2-1

Big game for Justin Pearson. Freshman are making a difference this year.

Comment

Solid win. Pretty much never in doubt, even at 2-1

Big game for Justin Pearson. Freshman are making a difference this year.
                            Great game for Pearson and the Smith brothers threw their weight around causing havoc. The fourth goal by the twins was a perfect steal and pass, a great reward for all of the hard work tonight. I thought the entire team let down in the second period and were lucky to escape that period with no goals against. Curtis Hall did not play tonight, hope he was a healthy scratch.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Two very good weekends back to back

First shutout I can remember in a long time, congrats to Tucker.

Snivley all over the box score again.

Looking forward to Tuesday. I know I get Eleven Sports and NESN

Comment

Two very good weekends back to back

First shutout I can remember in a long time, congrats to Tucker.

Snivley all over the box score again.

Looking forward to Tuesday. I know I get Eleven Sports and NESN
                                Looks like I will be taking a ride on Tuesday! Yale pretty much dominated Union tonight. The forecheck was absolutely tenacious and took Union completely out of their game. The shorthanded putback by Snively was an absolute backbreaker and the penalty kill was stellar. Tucker had a few great saves on grade A chances, but Union also whiffed on a couple of gaping nets. Gonna be interesting to see who Keith puts in net on Tuesday.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X