Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Vegas Invitational: Jan 4-5, 2019

http://icevegasinvitational.com/

The tournament has officially been announced by T-Mobile, tickets on sale this Friday, 9/21/18 at 10am PST.

I know Air Force, Western Michigan and UConn don't have huge presence on here, but anybody else making the trip?

UConn and Western Michigan will kick things off at 5pm Friday, SLU and Air Force at 8:30 Saturday. Consolation/Championship Saturday at the same times.

Should be a blast, and another place I never would have thought I would travel to support the team.

Re: Ice Vegas Invitational: Jan 4-5, 2019

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    http://icevegasinvitational.com/
    I know Air Force, Western Michigan and UConn don't have huge presence...
    Well, it won't take much to exceed the number of fans ASU brought last year from 4.5 hrs away.
    Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I honestly wanted to go to this tournament again. My wife and I had a lot of fun last year and added a Golden Knights game in as well. I've been watching for an announcement for months and now it's too late for me to make it work. Going to watch a few Sharks games at Christmas instead....

If you are a fan of one of these teams, make the trip, it's a fun time, and I don't even gamble!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
        I honestly wanted to go to this tournament again. My wife and I had a lot of fun last year and added a Golden Knights game in as well. I've been watching for an announcement for months and now it's too late for me to make it work. Going to watch a few Sharks games at Christmas instead....

If you are a fan of one of these teams, make the trip, it's a fun time, and I don't even gamble!
        Closest place with free parking (because the MGM decided to nickel and dime so the whole city is now) is probably the Tropicana.

Comment

Plenty of hotels within walking distance if you're up for a 10-15 min walk to the game. I just took a shuttle from the airport to the Luxor last year and walked to the games and everywhere else. I didn't have any regrets doing so. Half the fun of Vegas is being on the street people watching.

Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

We stayed at New York New York and it was a 20 second walk to the games. We rented a car for an afternoon to go hiking at Red Rocks canyon NP. Other than that we used Uber to get to the airport, etc. No parking required, like Ryan said, lots of shoe leather and people watching...

Comment

The championship trophy looks great in Tempe! What a great weekend it was! Go Devils!
              Last edited by Revs89.2; 09-21-2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

My daughter parked there for knights events. Easy walk.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Plenty of hotels within walking distance if you're up for a 10-15 min walk to the game. I just took a shuttle from the airport to the Luxor last year and walked to the games and everywhere else. I didn't have any regrets doing so. Half the fun of Vegas is being on the street people watching.

Ryan
                  Too bad you weren't downtown...

Comment

I had a blast last year. First time in Vegas. Stayed at MGM Grand which I thought was a good base for the arena (A pedestrian bridge away from New York New York and then just steps away from T-Mobile) and got it for a decent rate with a flight package through Southwest. We walked or used Uber/Lyft everywhere we went. Rideshare rates are rather cheap compared to other cities at least I thought so. We tried the monorail once but $10 for a single ride each way was yikes. Hard to get bored walking in Vegas though. I would love to go back to this tournament again someday whether my team is there or not. Make sure you put drinks in your budget at T-Mobile. Bottled water was $5 and not a water fountain throughout the place. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X