• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    USCHO did a nice interview of Damon:

https://www.uscho.com/podcasts/2019/...ht-episode-18/
    Nice interview. I imagine Lake State is one of the only programs out there that can have a coach win a national title like Anzalone did and not be named when the interviewers are going through the list of your all-time great coaches. I know he's a bit controversial and his second stint was unsatisfying, but I'll always appreciate what Anzalone did for LSSU hockey. Whitten sounds like he really appreciates being at LSSU, knows the history, and comes across really well in that interview. Hopefullly we can get that Saturday night home monkey off our back this weekend.

Comment

Maybe they could get a Saturday night win if the pep band would stop playing "Na Na Good bye" on Friday night. I've always believed it was bad ju-ju and taunting the other team to play it before the series was over. At this point, anything is worth a try to break the Saturday night jinx.

Comment

Originally posted by SectionP View Post
        Maybe they could get a Saturday night win if the pep band would stop playing "Na Na Good bye" on Friday night. I've always believed it was bad ju-ju and taunting the other team to play it before the series was over. At this point, anything is worth a try to break the Saturday night jinx.
        Speaking of music at the home hockey games, I was up to the Soo for the Bemidji series and I found it foolish that they were playing "We will rock you" over the speaker system (more than once) at the Saturday game when it was Bemidji who was rocking the Lakers.

Comment

The Lakers have a new commitment. Big (6'5") goalie, Seth Eisele. 98 birth date so he will be coming to the Lakers next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...67/seth-eisele

Comment

My guess is Kossoff starts tonight's game. If Lakers win I think he gets the nod again Saturday but a loss and I think Mitens starts instead.

Who do we root for in the NMU/Bemidji series?
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              My guess is Kossoff starts tonight's game. If Lakers win I think he gets the nod again Saturday but a loss and I think Mitens starts instead.

Who do we root for in the NMU/Bemidji series?
              I am hoping for a Lakers and Bemidji sweep this weekend. Alaska stealing a game this weekend would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                I am hoping for a Lakers and Bemidji sweep this weekend. Alaska stealing a game this weekend would really help.
                I think I'd rather see NMU sweep. I know it temporarily hurts us in the WCHA standings but if we can take care of business this weekend and next, a higher rated NMU would probably help us out more in the Pairwise.

I think the Lakers have a good shot at finishing the regular season with 5 or even 6 more wins, which is what they'll need to jump up the ratings. They're as rested as you can get at this point in the season with a bye week and will have not left the state since January 19. I like the way this is setting up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                  I’m with you all the way!

Comment

He is a big kid but his stats in the BCHL are not that great but he does have good stats in the NAHL .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      He is a big kid but his stats in the BCHL are not that great but he does have good stats in the NAHL .
                      The BCHL is a very offensive minded league, even the d-men get involved a lot. Teams tend to play a little more defense in the NAHL.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                        The BCHL is a very offensive minded league, even the d-men get involved a lot. Teams tend to play a little more defense in the NAHL.
                        He did make the BCHL All Rookie Team.

Comment

Mitens and our defense really stepped up to win this one in the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                            I think I'd rather see NMU sweep. I know it temporarily hurts us in the WCHA standings but if we can take care of business this weekend and next, a higher rated NMU would probably help us out more in the Pairwise.

I think the Lakers have a good shot at finishing the regular season with 5 or even 6 more wins, which is what they'll need to jump up the ratings. They're as rested as you can get at this point in the season with a bye week and will have not left the state since January 19. I like the way this is setting up.
                            I think the 2 games at Northern are the last real chances to move upwards in the pairwise. The final 3 games at home are must wins not to burst the pairwise bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              I think the 2 games at Northern are the last real chances to move upwards in the pairwise. The final 3 games at home are must wins not to burst the pairwise bubble.
                              Pretty much. Playing Tech actually hurt our Pairwise position as a win basically made us stay put and a loss would really hurt us. Penn State moved ahead of us and they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                                Pretty much. Playing Tech actually hurt our Pairwise position as a win basically made us stay put and a loss would really hurt us. Penn State moved ahead of us and they lost.
                                North Dakota passed Lakers last night with their win at Western.

Comment

Working...
                                X