LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Love to see this offense out of the Lakers. Starting to dream about the NCAA tourney being a possibility.

Comment

• Great win tonight. Nice to see Humitz have a big night in his first game since his Dad passed away.

Lakers have a 7 game winning streak for the first time since 1996-97.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
        Love to see this offense out of the Lakers. Starting to dream about the NCAA tourney being a possibility.
        I don't know ... hanging seven on us (#45 in GAPG) isn't like hanging seven on BG (#1).

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          I don't know ... hanging seven on us (#45 in GAPG) isn't like hanging seven on BG (#1).

GFM
          I posted that after we scored 6 in one period. That's impressive no matter the opponent. Also 5 of the top 10 lost last night, and LSSU keeps winning. The Lakers are putting themselves in a good position. It's been 23 years, and I will be elated the day we can finally make it back to the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
            I posted that after we scored 6 in one period. That's impressive no matter the opponent. Also 5 of the top 10 lost last night, and LSSU keeps winning. The Lakers are putting themselves in a good position. It's been 23 years, and I will be elated the day we can finally make it back to the tournament.
            The schedule gets tougher after this weekend and we're still in the middle of the pack in the WCHA standings. Getting home ice advantage for the first round of the WCHA playoffs should be the primary goal at this point and we're still on the outside looking in. Yeah, we're having a good season so far but getting home ice for the playoffs would make it that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              Or like they had a couple years ago under Whitten when they went from a top 15 team in the first half to falling off the Mackinaw Bridge in the second half of the season .
              It's the Mackinac Bridge.

Comment

• Lakers are 0-4 at home on Saturday night. Hopefully the Lakers end that winless streak tonight.

Comment

Saccoman won't play tonight. He's out with an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Saccoman won't play tonight. He's out with an injury.
                    I think the only thing Mike Corbett has taught his players in his 6 years as coach at Alabama Huntsville is how to check people from behind.

Comment

Maybe the Lakers should reschedule the rest of their home games this season from Fri-Sat nights to Thu-Fri nights.

With some help from Alaska, at least we gained a point on Bemidji in the standings.

Comment

• Why doesn't the WCHA do a best of 3 in the shootout like the NHL does?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Why doesn't the WCHA do a best of 3 in the shootout like the NHL does?
                          When they added the 3x3 a few years back, they reduced the shootout to 1 round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Maybe the Lakers should reschedule the rest of their home games this season from Fri-Sat nights to Thu-Fri nights.

With some help from Alaska, at least we gained a point on Bemidji in the standings.
                            Maybe we should be hoping they go on the road in the first round.

Comment

I thought they were wanting to shorten the game time,not expand it . With the two overtimes and a shootout , they have added almost another period to the games.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                I thought they were wanting to shorten the game time,not expand it . With the two overtimes and a shootout , they have added almost another period to the games.
                                I've never had an issue with regular season ties. Personally, I'd prefer to see them do away with shootouts and the 3 on 3 OT. Have all regular season games worth 2 points and if it ends in a tie, each team gets their point. I wouldn't even mind if they did away with the first 5 on 5 OT. I doubt it will ever go back that way. Too much of a perception that every game must have a winner in some form or fashion.

Comment

Working...
                                X