PDA

View Full Version : UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

mmf
01-27-2019, 09:01 PM
mmf referred to a play in ot that UAA scored but wasn't counted, Now that I re-read it I understand what he meant.

I was just saying that the shootout should have been sudden death.
But come to think of it...I watched all of regulation, the 5x5 OT, and the 3x3 OT and I did not not see anything go in either. :)

manurespreader
01-27-2019, 09:19 PM
I was at the game and did not see it go in. Didn't even know it was being looked at. Nonetheless, UAA played well last night, officiating was equally poor all weekend.
I watched the two games and imho, which means squat, but that reffing was the worst in the entire WCHA season to date.

Scrum Bucket
01-28-2019, 01:21 AM
Yep, ticky tacky, and not just bad calls on Tech, both teams had some doozies called on them.....just overall poor officiating. I thought they were gonna start giving red and yellow cards at one point ;)

Scrum Bucket
01-28-2019, 01:22 AM
But come to think of it...I watched all of regulation, the 5x5 OT, and the 3x3 OT and I did not not see anything go in either. :)

I did not realize that. I thought it had to go three shooters deep to be sudden death.

Scrum Bucket
01-28-2019, 01:57 AM

I did not realize that. I thought it had to go three shooters deep to be sudden death.

Suze
01-28-2019, 10:16 AM

Nope.

Ensuring that each contest will have a “winner” in the league standings, each WCHA regular-season league game that remains tied after regulation and the NCAA-mandated, five-minute 5-on-5 overtime period will now advance to a second five-minute overtime period of 3-on-3 play; if the game is still tied, it will be settled in a sudden death shootout (wherein each team will receive a minimum of one shot, and the second team to shoot can match if the first team to shoot, scores).

broncoinak
01-30-2019, 02:43 AM
Evening all,

I'm a WMU alum who's been living in Anchorage for a few years now and kinda adopted UAA as a second team (especially since the demise of the Aces). Seawolves play actually seems kinda encouraging this year at least from a competitiveness standpoint compared to last.

Wondering how closely you guys follow recruiting? I'm not very up to date on hockey recruiting and I'm interested in how you guys think this year's class is with the new staff compared to the last few.

davyd83
01-30-2019, 08:54 AM
Evening all,

I'm a WMU alum who's been living in Anchorage for a few years now and kinda adopted UAA as a second team (especially since the demise of the Aces). Seawolves play actually seems kinda encouraging this year at least from a competitiveness standpoint compared to last.

Wondering how closely you guys follow recruiting? I'm not very up to date on hockey recruiting and I'm interested in how you guys think this year's class is with the new staff compared to the last few.

Difficult to tell. The new coach was brought in very late in the recruiting process. You really won’t see his first full class on campus until 2020-21.

Suze
01-30-2019, 10:33 AM
Difficult to tell. The new coach was brought in very late in the recruiting process. You really won’t see his first full class on campus until 2020-21.

I agree - it's so hard to tell. Even when we get a recruit that has done very well in juniors, it doesn't always translate at the college level. There are a few recruits I am very interested to see play next season. The presser said we had 5 inked for next season, but then a few more have been added, which I have found on Twitter. No matter who they get, the team is really going to miss these seniors when they leave.

I also believe, despite the win/loss record, that UAA plays much more competitive than the last few seasons under Thomas.

Bill
01-30-2019, 11:03 AM
I agree - it's so hard to tell. Even when we get a recruit that has done very well in juniors, it doesn't always translate at the college level. There are a few recruits I am very interested to see play next season. The presser said we had 5 inked for next season, but then a few more have been added, which I have found on Twitter. No matter who they get, the team is really going to miss these seniors when they leave.

I also believe, despite the win/loss record, that UAA plays much more competitive than the last few seasons under Thomas.
You picked up another recruit yesterday:

https://twitter.com/_Neutral_Zone/status/1090417036147200000

Suze
01-30-2019, 12:35 PM
You picked up another recruit yesterday:

https://twitter.com/_Neutral_Zone/status/1090417036147200000

Yup, I saw it an hour after it was tweeted. But thank you. :)

Suze
01-30-2019, 12:36 PM
Evening all,

Welcome to the USCHO. Hope to see more of you around here!

Suze
02-03-2019, 06:32 PM
UAA's newest recruit. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/233485/alexander-frye

Gonna be a big incoming class next season! A point per game player.

Here's a nice article about him:

http://mihockey.com/2019/01/recruiting-alex-frye-commits-to-alaska-anchorage/

Jimjamesak
02-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Gonna be a big incoming class next season!
If we're honest, it needs to be. There's not much sense in keeping a bunch players from a team that's 2-22-2.

Alaska Hockey
02-08-2019, 03:44 PM
If we're honest, it needs to be. There's not much sense in keeping a bunch players from a team that's 2-22-2.

You may get your wish ...and a whole lot more may get their's too, coming Feb 13.....

Jimjamesak
02-08-2019, 06:59 PM
You may get your wish ...and a whole lot more may get their's too, coming Feb 13.....
Not my wish but I won’t say I called it:

Welp, election results pretty much guarantee the program will be on the chopping block again...

Suze
02-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Wow, I'll take it. The Seawolves have been in plenty of games this season that they played well enough to win, but couldn't score. Nice to see some guys getting the first goals of their careers. Sinclair was outstanding.

Seawolf Fan
02-09-2019, 01:05 AM
It's a GREAT day to be a Seawolf!

Hal9K
02-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Woot

Seawolf Fan
02-17-2019, 10:21 AM
Pretty solid outing for the guys.
We dominated for long stretches especially in the 3rd and 1st OT.
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!