UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

Also just to show I'm not the queen of poo pooing everything, I have some good news, although it's actually related to the women's team I feel like people should know here - future UVM women's goalie Natalie Ferenc will be representing the US at the upcoming U18 World Championships that start this weekend. She'll be coming in next year.
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Women's hockey takes down #7 Providence 5-4 in OT!

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Setting aside the team's issues, I think being able to stream the games at home is also a big part of the declining attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat Fan View Post
          I think this poster is the only one who is posting so I for one enjoy the information. Please add something to the thread if you think it needs a bump. I happen to like the information this poster shares.
          I like Lisa, so maybe I was a bit harsh, but this blog is so negative. I’m not sure a coaching change is necessarily the solution. They play hard, I think they are well coached despite what others think. The problem is they can’t recruit an elite scorer or two. That changes the whole dynamic, the current first line center is now the second line and it waterfalls down. So why can’t they get these guys? Part of it is the facility. I know for a fact, directly from his father’s mouth, that Johnny Gaudreau, whose family has deep, deep Vermont roots, took one look at the Gut and said “Dad I’m not coming here”. And the other problem is Sneddon has relied too much on his assistants to do the recruiting legwork, and not establishing connections in Quebec, for example, instead going after kids from Western Canada which is not sustainable. So some of the blame is on Sneddon, but like I said, if you get one or two blue chippers, I think there is enough depth in the program to make them a top-15 team. And I do agree about Ted Ryan, his story on Lekkas was a pipe dream.
          Last edited by jfromvt; 01-06-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

You're telling me that Johnny Gaudreau took one look at the Gut and walked away then committed to play hockey in pre-renovation Matthews Arena?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              You're telling me that Johnny Gaudreau took one look at the Gut and walked away then committed to play hockey in pre-renovation Matthews Arena?
              Johnny Gaudreau — think BC. Maybe you’re thinking of Kevin Roy who also visited UVM and passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                That’s what his father told me. Of course, there may have been other considerations, so may not be totally due to the facilities, but it was a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  Johnny Gaudreau — think BC. Maybe you’re thinking of Kevin Roy who also visited UVM and passed.
                  He was committed to Northeastern, but the coach quit/was forced out before the season started and he went to BC instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                    He was committed to Northeastern, but the coach quit/was forced out before the season started and he went to BC instead.
                    Right, but he didn't commit to NU after visiting UVM. He visited UVM after de-committing from NU and ultimately decided on BC.

Comment

Right, but he didn't commit to NU after visiting UVM. He visited UVM after de-committing from NU and ultimately decided on BC.
                      Oh okay, I get what the guy was saying now. Why would facilities have been an issue at UVM, when the dumpy facilities at NU hadn't deterred him? Got it, little brain mishap there.

Comment

FWIW, I think renovating the Gutt is the way to go with facilities. A new rink really hasn't helped, say, Colgate or RIT, two teams that have somehow had *less* success in their current facilities than before (and I think, like with UVM, their coaches just kinda got stale). Compare that to a slew of teams who either got better or stayed steady state with renovated facilities and good coaching...Cornell, Union, Yale, Harvard, Northeastern, even Bowling Green and Michigan Tech. All of those rinks were built roughly within a decade of the Gutt.

Comment

Also to be *positive* for once in my life, good to see Misley finally get the monkey off his back

Comment

Oh okay, I get what the guy was saying now. Why would facilities have been an issue at UVM, when the dumpy facilities at NU hadn't deterred him? Got it, little brain mishap there.
                            No, reread his post and he was saying what I originally thought. He said he walked away from UVM and then committed to NU, which was not the case. Anyway, point taken, and I'm gonna stop posting now. :-)

Comment

Right at the end of the warm up Misley bumped the boards by the bench and knocked a couple kid's bricks off the shelf. He is going to have to add that to his pre-game routine now

The UVM D had the best seats in the rink to watch the first 2 periods. Nice seeing them be a little more physical in the third period after 2 periods of waving their stick at the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                                I like Lisa, so maybe I was a bit harsh, but this blog is so negative. I’m not sure a coaching change is necessarily the solution. They play hard, I think they are well coached despite what others think. The problem is they can’t recruit an elite scorer or two. That changes the whole dynamic, the current first line center is now the second line and it waterfalls down. So why can’t they get these guys? Part of it is the facility. I know for a fact, directly from his father’s mouth, that Johnny Gaudreau, whose family has deep, deep Vermont roots, took one look at the Gut and said “Dad I’m not coming here”. And the other problem is Sneddon has relied too much on his assistants to do the recruiting legwork, and not establishing connections in Quebec, for example, instead going after kids from Western Canada which is not sustainable. So some of the blame is on Sneddon, but like I said, if you get one or two blue chippers, I think there is enough depth in the program to make them a top-15 team. And I do agree about Ted Ryan, his story on Lekkas was a pipe dream.
                                You must be watchin something else! players might play hard for their own pride but coaching please that has not been good for years and it is bad culture of the progam because it is run by a dictator with do nothing development assistants who can't get the job done on any front! players current and former have no respect for the coaches at all Sneddon has ruined good attitudes around the team and not only do they suck and has to answer fore his bad wins and loss record but he cant even get these guys motivated because they dismiss him in his fits of rage
                                I would love to have had Johnny Hockey and Guy was a good player and just like would have loved to have Martys kid as well but using the Gutt as excuse is bunk and you know it - some kids might not like it fine but more college rinks look like that than they do Aggainis! and know what we know a bout Sneddon track record with talent Johnny would be in ECHL after he was done with him and not a NHL all star THAT sir more of reason why those kids do not come - they take kids who they wont develop or have no potential and should be bottom 6 but on top 6 here - that Sneddon no showing elite new england recruit events when Jerry York show and making Wallyworld and Patrick go find guys with a revolving door to cut the ones they dont think met the standard!!
                                Fact are facts Sneddon has lowest win percent of all hockey east coaches who been on job more 3 years he cant recruit he cant develop he cant get respect from players or of elite recruit because all those things the GUTT has nothin to do with that
                                It is time for a real coach and for hockey to be back on top over basketball - love basketball success but UVM is a HOCKEY school and they should start acting like it step one FIRE SNEDDON

Comment

Working...
                                X